Captains announced

eball

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link to eball's troll bait: http://m.buffalobills.com/s/30841/260?itemPos=1&itemUri=2105827027%2F4686011213841215141266151

ORCHARD PARK, NY - The Buffalo Bills today announced CB Corey Graham, RB Fred Jackson, LB Brandon Spikes, DT Kyle Williams, DE Mario Williams and C Eric Wood have been selected by their teammates as captains for the 2014 season.
Edited by jimmy10

I don't think he's suggesting that it's a problem, only that those who have made up their mind about EJ will see it as further proof of their opinion.

Thank you for explaining what I presumed would be obvious. The negative ninnies don't like it though because I beat them to the punch.

What's interesting to me is that two of our captains are new to the team. IIRC, they've tended to be longer-tenured with the team.

Leaders are leaders, whether they've been around for days or years.

Trent Edwards was named a captain and then cut 3 games into the season

Was he voted captain by players or elected by the coaches?

Let the rumors circulate that EJ not being chosen by his teammates means they don't trust him. Discuss.

not sure why some are thinking this is a "troll" post. I think it says a lot about the locker room that he was not voted a captain. That said, I am hoping he can focus on his craft solely and not have to worry about a leadership roll yet...let him grow into that.

Personally, I think it's silly to think of a 2nd year player, with half a year's experience, as a captain of an offense loaded with veteran leadership.

I don't think this is trolling by the OP at all. It's a valid point to discuss. My opinion is that had EJ been voted a captain, it would have watered down what a captain really is.

not sure why some are thinking this is a "troll" post. I think it says a lot about the locker room that he was not voted a captain. That said, I am hoping he can focus on his craft solely and not have to worry about a leadership roll yet...let him grow into that.

It's another one of those "might not be terrible but it's certainly not good" things. His position, work ethic, maturity etc.... all probably should've pointed to him getting it by default.

It's another one of those "might not be terrible but it's certainly not good" things. His position, work ethic, maturity etc.... all probably should've pointed to him getting it by default.

Except I haven't seen anything at all to question his work ethic or maturity. He ran offseason workouts for receivers, and he's been described as an early in late out kind of guy over and over. Captains need to do that stuff, but in order to be effective, they also need to prove they can get it done on the field. If and when he does that, he'll be a captain.

Eball has to be feeling vindicated after seeing this. It pretty much proves his original post was not a flat put troll post. Whether or not it was a deuce tempered bingo seven troll post remains to be seen.

I wonder if some of these bloggers ever reflect on what they wrote and feel dirty later on. I realize they guy is not reporting news, but what the heck is the point of writing the blurb to begin with? Ej isn't captain...so that means maybe he's viewed poorly by other players, or maybe not? You could write something about every situation and add absolutely nothing new to the dialogue. For instance---FJ is voted captain. Do we know if he was a unanimous choice? If he wasn't, does that reflect conflict I'n the locker room? It just might.

Very glad to hear Mario is Captain.

They don't have to be ra-ra players either. I believe for any team to be successful your best players HAVE to be your hardest workers. Guys voted captain aren't guys that take plays off, go half you know what during practice, or slack off in the off season. One or all of these things are the perceptions I'm sure a lot fans have of him...because ya know that massive contract, his fridge and all that. B-)

Edited by Big Blitz