Former Jills suing the Bills

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kremer story had this quote: "Mateczun maintains that “these girls were never made to do anything they never have wanted to do. We were creating a team of just well-rounded young ladies and they could have resigned at any time.” Just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed the missing word: women. They aren't girls and whether they're ladies or not is their own business. They are women, and when people refer to women as anything else, it degrades them and diminishes them. When Mateczun refers to these employees as girls it indicates he doesn't respect them as equals.

That's deep.

is it possible, to be both a Woman and a girl, at the same time..................

Well I know I'm a man but often should be called a boy/child so why not the other way. Equal rights and all.

They would be as attractive as the Jills.

Self aware robots have feelings too. Please don't hurt their feelings like that.

How much extra to upgrade to the Texans cheerleader level?

If you have to ask , you probably can't afford it.

Move along please .

: )

Well I know I'm a man but often should be called a boy/child so why not the other way. Equal rights and all.

Self aware robots have feelings too. Please don't hurt their feelings like that.

You don't know very many robots do you Wiz ?

Thats okay we appreciate your thoughtfulnesses . Your heart is in the right place . Literally

Edited by 3rdand12

If you have to ask , you probably can't afford it.

Move along please .

: )

You don't know very many robots do you Wiz ?

Thats okay we appreciate your thoughtfulnesses . Your heart is in the right place . Literally

You're assuming promo is self aware though.

You're assuming promo is self aware though.

oops !

There is some saying about assuming i keep forgetting .

I figured Promo is either more or less then the sum of his parts.

His avatar throws me . looks like an intelligent eonough being to me ? The penetrating eyes I thought give him away , what say you Oh Wizard ?

Edited by 3rdand12

oops !

There is some saying about assuming i keep forgetting .

I figured Promo is either more or less then the sum of his parts.

His avatar throws me . looks like an intelligent eonough being to me ? The penetrating eyes I thought give him away , what say you Oh Wizard ?

The sum of his parts do not equate a whole.

Been watching full metal alchemist recently.

Bills fans should sue the Jill's for being the ugliest cheerleaders in the NFL

Agreed. I am sorry they were treated in the manner described, and pressured on the calendars, etc. as to looks, just google the jaguars, Bucs, dolphins cheerleaders. You tell me if they are comparable in looks.

Judge rules the lawsuit can go on.....

http://bigstory.ap.o...t-against-bills

This story barely mentions CItadel Broadcasting, the previous owners of 97 Rock. That judge essentially ruled that 97 Rock is as liable if not more so than the Bills. The Jills could be considered employees of 97 Rock. After all who managed the Jills? Who sent the Jills to promotional events? It was 97 Rock.

From today's edition of Inside Radio...

Judge won’t sideline cheerleaders’ suit against Buffalo station. The Buffalo Bills are trying to pin its pay problems made public by a cheerleader lawsuit on its former radio flagship. A jury could ultimately decide whether “97 Rock” WGRF owes the Buffalo Jills squad back pay after a New York judge yesterday rejected the broadcaster’s attempt to have the case against it thrown out. But Supreme Court Justice Timothy Drury says the “minute control” that WGRF had over the Jills calls into question whether they were actually employees of the team and not the Citadel Broadcasting station which managed the cheerleaders from 1999 until 2011. The Bills insists they were “independent contractors.” In their 27-page lawsuit filed in state court in April, five cheerleaders say the Bills’ organization “worked closely” with WGRF and the station “drew substantial revenues from the Jills’ work” during its years managing the crew. It also claims each woman put in about 840 hours of unpaid work per year. Drury’s decision makes no mention of more salacious allegations, such as the Jills allegedly being subject to physique requirements referred to as the “Jiggle Test.” WGRF is now owned by Cumulus Media, which inherited the suit when it bought the station as part of its 2011 Citadel buyout.
Edited by PromoTheRobot

• 5 months later...

This is the most ridiculous thing ever. These ladies signed up for the job knowing full well what was expected and they were free to quit at any point. They went along with it because they enjoyed the attention and now they think they can make a buck. They seem to be putting a price on their dignity, which makes them whores.

I especially liked the part about how most of the other past and present (or most recent) Jills were pissed at these ladies for suing. They seems perfectly happy with their volunteer experience.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever. These ladies signed up for the job knowing full well what was expected and they were free to quit at any point. They went along with it because they enjoyed the attention and now they think they can make a buck. They seem to be putting a price on their dignity, which makes them whores.

I especially liked the part about how most of the other past and present (or most recent) Jills were pissed at these ladies for suing. They seems perfectly happy with their volunteer experience.

Dont just blast stuff that's not written. C'mon man. Let me quote your fake reference.

"(Some other Jills, particularly alumnae, remain angry at Alyssa, Maria and the other three cheerleaders for bringing their lawsuit.)"

Where is the most??? Some is not the same as most.

I'll tell you my favorite part of the article. "Other cheerleaders have sued the Bengals, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jets."

Not all Jills are going to be high rollers. I would assume the wealthy Jills that have everything already probably are upset about the suit. It's like the case of a ceo of a big @ company. Do you think that guy would care if his medical copay went from $50 to $100. Nope. Not at all. But the lower class would feel that jump.

I dont want to be seen as a man hater. oh what the hell, i hate most men and wish only 6 men and 7 billion women existed But yeah, I think they were seriously underpaid.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

What a ridiculous article. I mean, probably the worst way that piece could be written.

The part about the Bills forcing the women to kick and jump in the heat and the cold... whhhhaaaaaaat?

It's only ridiculous if you feel ZERO compassion for people and completely ignore labor and other laws. So, yeah.... SMDH

Edited by BmoreBills

Generally, an internship consists of a voluntary exchange of services for experience between the volunteer and an organization.

nobody forced these girls to participate.

personally I think the bills should be paying these girls, but that was not the arrangement and they knew it going in.

It's only ridiculous if you feel ZERO compassion for people and completely ignore labor and other laws. So, yeah.... SMDH

oh, the glorious arguments to be had if this were PPP. This inflammatory piece does little to make me give twomcraps about a bunch of women who had a part time job that is by no means a career or long term plan. Their crying and the articles sensationalism is akin to the Rolling Stone article that was complete phooey about UVA. This piece was written so poorly and so aggressively that I'm actually against the Jill's returning. If these three had a problem with being objectified then they're delusional. If these women think they deserve money for charity and volunteer work, they're insane. The golf outings and stuff they volunteer for are often for medical research or charity at which they make appearances.

These women sign a contract. Perhaps the airheads should read it first and hold themselves accountable for how they are treated before they cry about being subjected to this.

TL,DR: the article was written horribly. The cheerleaders signed a contract. They got what they agreed to and I could care less.

:thumbsup:

being paid minimum wage for 10 Sundays a week is all they deserve. The volunteer work gets you nothing. The practices, well, I guess That depends how the contract is written. But the two or three hours a week+ 4 hours for game day. OK, min wage x 10 hrs. They should get $72.25/week for 10 weeks of home games and not a penny more. No getting paid for tryouts, no nothing.

They can rent the uniforms if they launder them and return them after the year. Every job monitors your social sites, at least when in the public eye. Yeah. No love loss for them.

Generally, an internship consists of a voluntary exchange of services for experience between the volunteer and an organization.

nobody forced these girls to participate.

personally I think the bills should be paying these girls, but that was not the arrangement and they knew it going in.

So they knew going in they would be subject to substandard conditions and being forced to sit on guys' laps or walk an entire golf course?

Sorry, but that does not jibe.

So they knew going in they would be subject to substandard conditions and being forced to sit on guys' laps or walk an entire golf course?

Sorry, but that does not jibe.

show me how they or where they were forced to sit on men's laps?

What exactly is substandard conditions??? I mean, this article is one side and highly sensationalised but its the gospel, I guess.

I don't understand why there is so much resistance to paying the Jills their worth.

Resistance from who?

If you want to sell me a Bentley for $3,000 I would pay it. $130,000, I would not. Not saying its not worth it, but I wouldnt pay it.

But that's not me "resisting." You gave me a choice and I said no.

I don't understand why there is so much resistance to paying the Jills their worth.

I agree. Why couldn't they even pay them minimum wage?

I know Ralph grew up in a different time and was raised during the depression but I wonder if he knew what was going on. I don't know much about his first wife but Mary seems like a strong woman. I wouldn't think she'd put up with it if she knew.

They give Mario Williams the biggest free agent contract at the time, give Fitz a ridiculous raise but won't spend the money to bring in a top coach and can't even give these girls the minimum wage for 4 hours of work? Makes little sense.

show me how they or where they were forced to sit on men's laps?

What exactly is substandard conditions??? I mean, this article is one side and highly sensationalised but its the gospel, I guess.

Women clung to the back or, much more to the point, were invited to sit in the men's laps.

"invited" = voluntary

Edited by papazoid