Bills' Final Sale Price contest

Once the groups started forming (Oprah, Geffen, Magic, Ballmer, etc...) the projections started to rise. $1.6B was the 2nd highest bid which wasn't far off the projection as the sale got close. I think that $1.5B for the Bills would be similar to the $2B for the Clips. If someone is going to throw out a ludicrous number that dwarfs the others I believe that it will be a group that hasn't surfaced publicly. I don't think that it is likely that the numbers get too crazy but I think that it is very possible (20% chance) that the team is sold to someone that has not made their interest known.

Makes sense, here's how I see it:

Bills value has 2 components:

1. Stay in Buffalo

2. Option to Move

Stay in Buffalo I'm putting approx. $1.1B, option to move approx. $400-500 million, which is around your $1.5B. I get to $1.75B by adding the "trophy asset", "scarcity" premium.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 billion 235 million 510 thousand 100 dollars

I love how you wrote this out.

Is this what Pegula's check is going to say?

First Niagara Bank (checking account)

To: Mary Wilson

Amount: One billion, and two-hundred and thirty-five million, and five-hundred and ten thousand, one-hundred dollars, and no cents

Memo: Buying Bills

Washington Post article (linked on front page, sorry can't seem to link it on my phone), seems to think the Bills will sell much closer to their perceived value of a about 870 Million... My prediction, is Terry Pegula...the cost? Whatever it takes!

Washington Post article (linked on front page, sorry can't seem to link it on my phone), seems to think the Bills will sell much closer to their perceived value of a about 870 Million... My prediction, is Terry Pegula...the cost? Whatever it takes!

That figure looks kind of low, it doesn't sound right given that the Browns sold for much more.

I would be shocked if it goes under $1B with the groups involved.

Put down your best guess of the final sale price and winning bidder. You win bragging rights if it is within $50,000 (but you can't go over):

My guess is El Pegual, $1.45 Billion (and he'll throw in Leino as a Cotton Candy vendor)

we have to be within 50,000 right ? some bettors have invalid entries due to not respecting the decimal point lol .

1,000,000,000 . That ia how one Billion is written . No one has written a number that includes tens of thousands .

So win automatically because you are all potato heads

No one is going to pay double the sales price at $2.5B. If anyone is going to throw around money it is going to be someone that hasn't surfaced not Rogers.

But would you think if they might be wiling to go extra lengths to aquire the team , monetarily speaking , Kirby ? Some one might be willing to throw some financial weight around I suppose .

My understanding is that if Toronto et al buys the team they are motivated to move the team in a couple years . Is that true?

One other question , do the trustees have the go ahead to sell specifically to the buyer with the agreement of keeping the team in Buffalo.

I try to pay attention but this stuff befuddles me if i dont stay on top of current goins ons.

Put down your best guess of the final sale price and winning bidder. You win bragging rights if it is within $50,000 (but you can't go over):

My guess is El Pegual, $1.45 Billion (and he'll throw in Leino as a Cotton Candy vendor)

Pegula at $973,465,742.25, minority owner will be someone from the Jacobs Family and "Delaware North Entertainment Center" will be built either in NF or where it can tie in with First Niagara Center and Harbor Center.

But would you think if they might be wiling to go extra lengths to aquire the team , monetarily speaking , Kirby ? Some one might be willing to throw some financial weight around I suppose .

My understanding is that if Toronto et al buys the team they are motivated to move the team in a couple years . Is that true?

One other question , do the trustees have the go ahead to sell specifically to the buyer with the agreement of keeping the team in Buffalo.

I try to pay attention but this stuff befuddles me if i dont stay on top of current goins ons.

Extra lengths in this case would be everything over $1.5B IMO. That would put them close to 50% above the Browns sale price from a couple of years ago. The Toronto people will be looking to move the team in 2020 but I am told that the Bon Jovi group is now preaching that they will keep the team. That was reported and is indeed true. I don't really trust them personally but even behind the scenes they are saying the same things.

The details of the trust haven't been released but I will bet that there are some trigger points (ie if someone pays 50% above the valuation and commits to WNY that wins even if someone pays 75% above the valuation). I don't know that for a fact to be true but there are probably some things like that. We also don't know of it is a blind bidding process either. Someone from Toronto could submit a $1.5B bid and Pegula $1.2B. The state may tell TP move your his to $1.5B and we will give you a $300M tax break. There are things like that that will go on.

I am very, very confident that the team will remain in WNY based on what I am hearing.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Extra lengths in this case would be everything over $1.5B IMO. That would put them close to 50% above the Browns sale price from a couple of years ago. The Toronto people will be looking to move the team in 2020 but I am told that the Bon Jovi group is now preachin that they will keep the team. That was reported and is indeed true. I don't really trust them personally but even behind the scenes they are saying the same things.

The details of the trust haven't been released but I will bet that there are some trigger points (ie if someone pays 50% above the valuation and commits to WNY that wins even if someone pays 75% above the valuation). I don't know that for a fact to be true but there are probably some things like that. We also don't know of it is a blind bidding process either. Someone com Toronto could submit a $1.5B bid and Pegula $1.2B. The state may tell TP move your his to $1.5B and we will give you a $300M tax break. There are things like that that will go on.

I am very, very confident that the team will remain in WNY based on what I am hearing.

Thanks for the reply and quality of depth.

Lets hope Mrs Wilson's trustees are able to lock a long term contract beyond 2020. I have to think of the grandchildren. They too should suffer as we have .

:flirt:

Pegula at $973,465,742.25, minority owner will be someone from the Jacobs Family and "Delaware North Entertainment Center" will be built either in NF or where it can tie in with First Niagara Center and Harbor Center.

oh and by the way Mike , well done. you deserve bonus points for attention to detail. charter banker by chance ? Edited by 3rdand12

I would be shocked if it goes under $1B with the groups involved.

I agree with you... but here is the article form the Washington Post I was referring to earlier. It seems that most of the NFL teams that have switched owners that have swithched hands in this century have sold for pretty close to their "value". The Bills are ranked as the 30th most valuable franchise in the league, according to this. It seems the Browns and Jags sold at slightly over their value, while the Ravens were one of the few that sold below value. Not saying it is right...just what this guy is predicting. I think what he isn't taking into account, is that the possiblity of the franchise re-locatiing thrown into the equation, means that whoever buys them is likely to pay over their value, to get the ensure the end result they want....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/06/20/buffalo-bills-shouldnt-fetch-1-billion-when-they-are-sold/

Pegula $1,447,990,000.00

If the Bills go for this amount, I will see it as a sign that in seven years they will be heading out of town.

If this happens, maybe I will start a new thread: "What should the new name of the Bills be, once they relocate to Los Angeles?"

$875 BB

If you mean 875 Billion, I think that's likely too high. If you meant 875 Billion Billion ($875 Quintillion), that's definitely too high.

If you just meant $875 (to be higher than the people bidding one dollar?), then carry on. . . .

:thumbsup:

I am very close to you on this.

To differentiate I will say 1.47 Billion. Pegula.