Jerry Jones talks stadium & other stuff, likes Bon Jovi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much wrong with the stuff this *&^%* is saying with regards to fan respect as well as respect towards Ralph:

"Jones sounded intrigued with Toronto"

"I don't know of anyone that I have more respect for as a father or as a husband or, certainly, as a potential business partner," Jones said of Bon Jovi, who also is close with New England Patriots* owner Robert Kraft.

Then again if I dial it down to politics he is basicly threatning WNY that if there will be no new stadium they'll be doomed with regards to his vote for an owner that wants to keep the team where it's at.

That said Jones was also the most vocal owner against NFL Europe/WLAF, he always voted against it untill he finally managed to sway Goodell and the owners after the (then first year) NFL Europe President did the one thing that he needed him to do in order to swing the vote. Did I mention I hate both Jones and Goodell? :censored::thumbdown:

I'm more inclined to believe that must NFL owners would side with what Kraft said about us than Jones. Jones bought the team in the late 80's and has little to no respect for the roots of the NFL. If it were up to him, we'd have 50 teams worldwide, regardless of fan base, as long as he's making the big bucks in large markets.

Jerruh is all that is wrong with pro football.

Jup, no respect for the fans that made his playthingy worth so much money... He doesnt seem to care about the NFL image at all as long as he has an opportunity to gain 10 fans; he doesnt mind loosing 9 fans on that 10 in the process it's all about the gain. They are forcing kids to be city and region ambassadors yet seem to be clueless themselves.

Edited by bladiebla

The best part is about halfway through he says that he isn't really familiar with the market. I'm glad that he had so much to say about something that he admittedly knows little about.

Agreed...It's not shocking though...No one likes to hear Jerry Jones talk more than Jerry Jones...Regardless if he knows anything about the subject... B-)

Jerruh would also squeeze profit from the league until it was bone dry if he could. He doesn't seem to think longterm health of the league. More than ever before have I heard from people who are losing interest in the NFL. I live in Texas too and a lot of that disinterest is directly related the Cowboys.

"I know firsthand how impactful a new stadium can be," Jones said, "a state-of-the-art stadium, one that can and tries to create as many amenities and fan experiences as you can with technology in 2014 as opposed to when some of these other stadiums were built."

Like temporary seats added when hosting a Super Bowl that are deemed dangerous and fans that paid good money for tickets can not use them Jerry? Is that your state of the art stadium?

i miss the jerry of almost exactly a year ago. you know, the one who told us all just to relax about the team's future in buffalo. that jerry was so much cooler than this douche.

http://blogs.buffalo...re.html?ref=bmh

EDIT: for some reason, that link only intermittently works. here's pft's version of the same story: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/25/jerry-jones-thinks-bills-fans-shouldnt-worry-about-the-team-moving/

Edited by Dirtbag

Guess this means the period of mourning for Ralph has officially passed in NFL circles. Jerry might be the first to express this but he probably won't be the last.

It will be interesting to see if Kraft (slowly) begins to walk back his comments about the Bills remaining in Buffalo.

Well I certainly do not know what Jerry loves more - being filthy rich or being a media whore. I lived in Baltimore at the time when the colts left for Indianapolis, Baltimore was absolutely devastated by it. I'm sure Browns fans were just as much when the team moved to Baltimore. Hopefully the majority of NFL owners have a sense of NFL history or allegiance to Buffalo and are willing to here viable options to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I'm certain these comments were shared via his flip phone.

He is 1 of 31.

Bias aside, I think the backlash of the bills leaving buffalo should be something that the nfl wants to avoid.

Did he see the numbers from the Toronto series? They have be far from robust...

Edited by judman

Jon Bon Douchebag cannot buy the Bills given that he has the intention of moving the team. Jerry may want to read the lease agreement.

If 'Jon Bon Douchebag' has stated he plans to move the team prior to the end of the lease agreement then he is out of luck. If, OTOH, he says he plans to move the team after the expiration of the lease agreement then he is eligible to purchase the team.

From the lease agreement:

... sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non-Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium;

If 'Jon Bon Douchebag' has stated he plans to move the team prior to the end of the lease agreement then he is out of luck. If, OTOH, he says he plans to move the team after the expiration of the lease agreement then he is eligible to purchase the team.

From the lease agreement:

Too bad they didn't put "during the Non-Relocation Term" after "Team".

FINALLY!

I have pinpointed the reason I've NEVER, EVER, liked Jerry "Shmuckface" Jones.

-He's an ignorant son of a @#*!

Worry about your own franchise, and it's GARBAGE quarterback, jackass.

It's funny that the two articles written today from the Toronto papers, especially the Globe and Mail one, took a totally different perspective, with the G & M headline that Jones was lukewarm about the Bills moving to Toronto and using quotes about how the NFL likes the Bills in Buffalo.

Hmmm...

It's funny that the two articles written today from the Toronto papers, especially the Globe and Mail one, took a totally different perspective, with the G & M headline that Jones was lukewarm about the Bills moving to Toronto and using quotes about how the NFL likes the Bills in Buffalo.

Hmmm...

I noticed the same thing...It is interesting... B-)

I for one am ready for this crap to just end. It's like a nightmare hanging over fans heads for what seems like forever now.

I just want a resolution so we can just talk about the product like normal fanbases. Jacksonville tarps off half of their stadium yet they get to be excited for the season without any worries of having their team stolen, and that joke of franchise isn't even a classic NFL team like the Bills.

Makes me want to puke

The radio station in Dallas does a mean Jerry Jones parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_N1c6Udkf4

OMG - that was hilarious. Jerry is such a tool. Somebody else said it well, "just when you think you can dislike someone so much, he continues to prove how much more I can't stand him."

God I hope they keep going 8-8 for the next decade and never make the playoffs. It would be awesome to have him be the impetus to 20 years without a playoff appearance constantly frustrating their fans.

One thing I loved about Mr. Wilson is he always stood up to Jerry in the owners meetings, and garnered more respect from the owners.

The full quotes from this are not nearly as bad as the Tim Graham article makes them out to be. Good on TG to pick specific quotes out of context to stir up Buffalo faithful.

Page views!

Oh man that was awesome!!! :thumbsup:

That was the funniest **** I have ever heard. Jerry Jones is a maroon and that stadium he built in Dallas is an abomination. I could care less what he thinks about the Bills or Bon Jovi or Toronto.

"I know firsthand how impactful a new stadium can be," Jones said, "a state-of-the-art stadium, one that can and tries to create as many amenities and fan experiences as you can with technology in 2014 as opposed to when some of these other stadiums were built."

This quote shows Jerry's ignorance in my opinion. Using a stadium to leverage increased revenues in Dallas is one thing, but it's completely different in Buffalo due to vast demographic differences.

The NFL owners don't care one bit about giving us fans great amenities and great experiences. They are after revenue, pure and simple. I get that stadiums can be revenue generators in large markets. But what about small ones?

It has not yet been explained WHY Buffalo needs a new stadium or exactly HOW it would solidify Buffalo's franchise, except that Goodell, Jones and reportedly Jim Kelly say so. Tell me WHY.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

That was the funniest **** I have ever heard. Jerry Jones is a maroon and that stadium he built in Dallas is an abomination. I could care less what he thinks about the Bills or Bon Jovi or Toronto.

or the fact that that stadium he built isn't in Dallas

it certainly sounds like he is setting the table for the Bills move to Toronto but is so close, nobody is losing a team defense.

"I know this: personally I’m grateful for the great fans and support for NFL football that we have in Northern New York, and certainly as it is right now, they’re in the Toronto market area. "

Edited by May Day 10