Andre Reed Elected into the Pro Football HOF

I feel just like you KOKBILLS, it has been a travesty that it took so long, and love the stats on Irvin, there is no way he should have gotten in before Reed, but the process seems to take into account, the guys who have a platform like NFL network. Not to mention a love for the loud and obnoxious player..i.e: Irvin, Sapp, Sanders, while the class acts like Bettis, Andre, and Art Monk have to wait. The next guy who is going to walk in will be Rodney Harrison, who was a solid player but not a HOF'er, but give a platform and introduce him every Sunday as a future HOF'er and the voters will agree.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andre Reed 234 games, 951 catches 13,198 16.9 average 87 TDs. Michael Irvin 159 games 750 catches 11,904 yards 15.9 average 65 TDs. Finally the better WR made the Hall of Fame. HOF has become a popularity contest with voters recently more than on the merits.

I think that basehead bought his way into the HoF, or his team owner did for him.

That makes five (some people are forgetting Lofton) from those SB teams. Would have been more if they won one. That compares to old Steeler, Cowboy and Packer teams. How do you lose 4 with all of those Hall of Famers in their prime? Now that's a feat that will never be duplicated!

Does Ray Guy getting in give any hope to Steve Tasker (maybe in 20 years)?

Yeah, I wonder how many more pro bowls Kyle would have to earn to be considered?

About 20 - LOL.............I just don't think Kyle is a HOFer.

Does Ray Guy getting in give any hope to Steve Tasker (maybe in 20 years)?

My brother and I were discussing this tonight. I think it does. Tasker revolutionized the gunner position and is considered by many to be the best Special Teams player of all-time. It probably won't be any time soon but I believe he'll eventually be a HOFer. IMHO, Kent Hull deserves to be in, too, but I don't think he'll make it. A Super Bowl win may have changed that and expedited Andre's entrance, as well.

That makes five (some people are forgetting Lofton) from those SB teams. Would have been more if they won one. That compares to old Steeler, Cowboy and Packer teams. How do you lose 4 with all of those Hall of Famers in their prime? Now that's a feat that will never be duplicated!

Actually Noodlearm, if you count Lofton it is 6:

Marv Levy HOF 2001

Jim Kelly HOF 2002

James Lofton 2003

Thurman Thomas HOF 2007

Bruce Smith HOF 2009

Andre Reed HOF 2014

and...if you want to count Ralph...it would be 7!

Other outside shots: Steve Tasker, Bill Polian!

I don't agree with Aeneas Williams over Charles Haley but Williams was special too. Have no issues with the rest especially Walter Jones. So thankful Dungy did not make it.

It isn't really that Williams got in over Charles Haley. They could have both made it. Both are very deserving IMO. Haley is one of those examples of a really great player (rings with 2 different teams, many Pro-Bowls at two different positions...a game changer. But, he was a bad/crazy dude off the field. Fair or not, that is a factor, I am sure.

And for those complaining about Irving being in...I agree, Reed would have been in before Irvin. However, that doesn't mean that Irving doesn't belong. Reed and Irvin had comparable stats...Reed might even have an edge in some ways...but not that big of an edge...so to argue that Irvin doesn't belong is, in a way, arguing that Reed doesn't belong. We all know, rings impress the voters...Irvin has them, Andre does not...but they were both great players.

Edited by Buftex

CONGRATULATIONS ANDRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have been in before Carter and Irvin, but that doesn't matter now...he's a HOFer!

Most deserving...no one went over the middle like Andre! The comeback game! 4 Super Bowls! There was never

a question that he SHOULD be in!

Congrats to Ray Guy also (also well deserved)...and as others have said, there was no way they could induct Tasker before Guy.

Let the Tasker campaigning commence.

Cheers Andre!

It isn't really that Williams got in over Charles Haley. They could have both made it. Both are very deserving IMO. Haley is one of those examples of a really great player (rings with 2 different teams, many Pro-Bowls at two different positions...a game changer. But, he was a bad/crazy dude off the field. Fair or not, that is a factor, I am sure.

And for those complaining about Irving being in...I agree, Reed would have been in before Irving. However, that doesn't mean that Irving doesn't belong. Reed and Irving had comparable stats...Reed might even have an edge in some ways...but not that big of an edge...so to argue that Irving doesn't belong is, in a way, arguing that Reed doesn't belong. We all know, rings impress the voters...Irving has them, Andre does not...but they were both great players.

Its Michael Irvin...not Irving....Irving is where the Cowboys play football in Irving, TX...or possibly you mean Irving Fryar?

A Texas size toast to Andre!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Its Michael Irvin...not Irving....Irving is where the Cowboys play football in Irving, TX...or possibly you mean Irving Fryar?

My team used to play in Irving Texas it now plays at Jerry's World in Arlington Texas.

Just saw the replay of the NFL Awards show, where they announced and introduced the Class of 2014. They showed Bruce and Jimbo in the audience cheering Andre on... it was the second time they showed Kelly in the audience. He is with a very pretty, young, girl..is that his daughter? She looks a bit like Jill...but if that is Jill, she has aged incredibly well, or had some incredible plastic surgeons. It was cool, Kelly looked very, very proud of Andre...almost looked like Jim was getting a little choked up.

The only bad news, I would bet that Michael Strahan will get the last induction speech in August...great player, but I am not a big fan of the guy... also embarrassed to say I have barely ever heard of Claude Humphrey...I think I have an old football card of him from the late 1960's...first time I can remember having to look up a HOF entry to find out who they were...I guess I grew up in an AFL house... little early exposure to Philadelphia Eagles or Atlanta Falcons football.

Isn't the new stadium actually in Arlington?

Isn't it Arlingtone? :blush:

Just saw the replay of the NFL Awards show, where they announced and introduced the Class of 2014. They showed Bruce and Jimbo in the audience cheering Andre on... it was the second time they showed Kelly in the audience. He is with a very pretty, young, girl..is that his daughter? She looks a bit like Jill...but if that is Jill, she has aged incredibly well, or had some incredible plastic surgeons. It was cool, Kelly looked very, very proud of Andre...almost looked like Jim was getting a little choked up.

The only bad news, I would bet that Michael Strahan will get the last induction speech in August...great player, but I am not a big fan of the guy... also embarrassed to say I have barely ever heard of Claude Humphrey...I think I have an old football card of him from the late 1960's...first time I can remember having to look up a HOF entry to find out who they were...I guess I grew up in an AFL house... little early exposure to Philadelphia Eagles or Atlanta Falcons football.

looks like a daughter.....here is a recent Kelly family photo with jim, jill and his two daughters.

http://www.huntershope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=aboutus

here is the announcement ceremony

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors/0ap2000000321678/NFL-Honors-2014-Hall-of-Fame-class