Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the Video he looks just like Geno Smith, maybe a little faster. Lewis appears to have a big arm with work needed on accuracy. He was also getting pressured a lot in that video. Him being with the Bills less then a week for sure played a part in his performance. Lets hope the O line steps up big like they did against the Ravens. Lewis is going to need time and lanes. The read option should be used a lot. Nothing from that video made me think he is any less a talent then White or Dixon.

They best not cut a DB instead of one of these kickers..that would be a foot to the nuts i think

If all of the guys we expect are coming back this week (Byrd, Gilmore, Brooks) then I could see a DB leaving the building.

Let's face it, It's gonna take a fairly huge defensive and special teams effort to beat Cinci with Thad Lewis. The Bengals are going to take liberties (i.e. crazy blitzing and stunts) that they would probably not do vs. an established NFL QB.

I like Thad, but this will be a grind-it-out running game and some short passing- not unlike EJ. It's up to the D and ST to win and get us to 3-3.

Edited by zow2

I don't get the Pat White deal. There are better guys out there similar to Manuel. Vince Young. Yeah he sucks but they are already picking through the junk heap at this point. Freeman would have been the only guy to come straight in and possibily make a difference. Tebow. If you are going to slap crap against the wall to see if it sticks, whatdo you have to lose. Interestly, what happens to Matt Cassel in Min? He played a heck of a game two weekends ago and the players were raving about him. Does Min cut him now and maybe the bills could grab him. The only thing good here is the Bills secondary will be back soon and the DEF is playing pretty well up front. Trade Byrd for a #1 WR and it could make it interesting. No, I dont think Johnson is a #1 WR. He is a #2 guy.

He's also going to a playoff team where he's better than the current starter. He absolutely made the right call.

They are not a playoff team, they were 0-3 and only won because they hung in against another 0-3 team...they pretty much suck, imho

Let's face it, It's gonna take a fairly huge defensive and special teams effort to beat Cinci with Thad Lewis. The Bengals are going to take liberties (i.e. crazy blitzing and stunts) that they would probably not do vs. an established NFL QB.

I like Thad, but this will be a grind-it-out running game and some short passing- not unlike EJ. It's up to the D and ST to win and get us to 3-3.

That is exactly what the Bengals would have done vs. Tuel -- and it would have worked. At least Lewis has been through three training camps and NFL seasons so he's seen a hell of a lot more than Tuel has. He even got to watch the Cinci defense up close and personal twice last year.

The Bills are behind the 8-ball this week, no doubt, but at least there's somebody playing the QB position who isn't a complete babe in the woods.

Play action ? Who is going to be fooled ? I can bet its not that good Bengals defense. They will play press coverage and stack the box - dare Lewis to throw with the option being our RB running into a wall.

OK. HOPE SO.

If all of the guys we expect are coming back this week (Byrd, Gilmore, Brooks) then I could see a DB leaving the building.

Burton

I don't get the Pat White deal. There are better guys out there similar to Manuel. Vince Young. Yeah he sucks but they are already picking through the junk heap at this point. Freeman would have been the only guy to come straight in and possibily make a difference. Tebow. If you are going to slap crap against the wall to see if it sticks, whatdo you have to lose. Interestly, what happens to Matt Cassel in Min? He played a heck of a game two weekends ago and the players were raving about him. Does Min cut him now and maybe the bills could grab him. The only thing good here is the Bills secondary will be back soon and the DEF is playing pretty well up front. Trade Byrd for a #1 WR and it could make it interesting. No, I dont think Johnson is a #1 WR. He is a #2 guy.

Calvin Johnson?

Ha, I love it. While everyone was talking all that Tebow and Carr nonsense last week, I said how about Thaddeus or Pat White. No one even responded.

I think T. Lewis is a nice option here. He knows the plays, formations, players & coaches. He's started an NFL game in the past and did ok. He has some wheels to get out of trouble too.

He did NOT say that Pat White will not be signed. Marrone said they need to sign a 3rd-QB.

I'm with you, he seemed like the logical choice all along. Except that Marrone said he wasn't last week, why would we be confused ???

Anyhow, I DO think he gives us the best chance to win, and certainly Pat White was not a step up or over him. Come on, when it comes to learning and processing information, no offense WVU alums, but I'll take a Duke guy over a WV guy any day.

Edited by CSBill

Burton

But we have to be the only team to ever carry two kickers when having so many injuries. Just put Hopkins on IR..Carpenter been licking just fine, i might say he has been close to very good.

One other note, according to chris Brown, PS players travel with the team...who knew?????

But, the Bengals also suck on offense, we'll see

But we have to be the only team to ever carry two kickers when having so many injuries. Just put Hopkins on IR..Carpenter been licking just fine, i might say he has been close to very good.

One other note, according to chris Brown, PS players travel with the team...who knew?????

that is also a great mystery