Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

Yeah. Clearly they should never have cut him in the first place. I reason I recall being given was he wasn't getting enough reps. Brilliant.

I'm guessing they didn't have a crystal ball that would tell them that Kevin Kolb would get a concussion.

One can argue that if there was ever a bet that you might win, putting money on Kevin Kolb getting hurt would be a pretty sure winner, though.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Tuel trashing session was last Thursday against the Browns.

The non-stop, deeply satisfying (for some) and deeply disturbing (for others) Tuel Trashing session commenced a long, long time before the Browns game. I suggest that you check the archives.

One can argue that if there was ever a bet that you might win, putting money on Kevin Kolb getting hurt would be a pretty sure winner, though.

Exactly. And what would you call placing that big bet on the most important position in football?

The non-stop, deeply satisfying (for some) and deeply disturbing (for others) Tuel Trashing session commenced a long, long time before the Browns game. I suggest that you check the archives.

Tuel has sucked since the beginning of training camp. His bashing has been warranted since day one. He's terrible.

Or it could have been a response to the Tuel canonization in August?

Exactly. And what would you call placing that big bet on the most important position in football?

How often do backup QBs get hurt? And after Kolb got hurt, who did you want to sign?

Trust me, I was no fan of Kolb. I wanted to keep Fitz as a backup. But he didn't want to be here and people are overvaluing the QB market. There aren't many quality backup QBs in this league.

How often do backup QBs get hurt? And after Kolb got hurt, who did you want to sign?

Trust me, I was no fan of Kolb. I wanted to keep Fitz as a backup. But he didn't want to be here and people are overvaluing the QB market. There aren't many quality backup QBs in this league.

Depends on the backup. Kolb has never finished an NFL season healthy. He's rung up a bunch of concussions. He was among the most highly sacked QBs in the league.

You obviously can never plan on QBs getting hurt, but some are much more at risk than others.

If you had to choose a backup QB in March, and you assigned an injury risk weight, would you go with a Todd Collins or a Rob Johnson?

Thad Lewis starting next week. Ok. Deep breath.

The Good:

-- familiarity with playbook/personnel/coaches

-- practiced against Bills' D

-- has started an NFL game with some success

-- athletic/mobile

The Bad:

-- average arm

-- accuracy suspect

-- hasn't played with the "ones"

Basically, it's a crap shoot. He's not going to wow us with anything, but might be able to manage a gameplan and make a few plays with his legs when things inevitably break down.

I hope the home crowd recognizes this and is supportive, because there are bound to be plenty of bumps in this road.

Depends on the backup. Kolb has never finished an NFL season healthy. He's rung up a bunch of concussions. He was among the most highly sacked QBs in the league.

You obviously can never plan on QBs getting hurt, but some are much more at risk than others.

If you had to choose a backup QB in March, and you assigned an injury risk weight, would you go with a Todd Collins or a Rob Johnson?

I agree with your point overall, but pickings were slim. Like you, I never trusted Kolb. But honestly, I have no idea who else was out there? Jason Campbell? This year was all about EJ and it jsut sucks he got hurt.

Ever recall a QB on the practice squad being called up that week for a game, and then winning that game. I know I don't.

So...we had Thad on the PS , but he was in essense our #3...as was Hoyer when he went in for Weeden. Remember Jason Campbell was their #2