Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanx. I did not know that.

Well, then this decision makes me really wonder what is going on with Tuel. What changed between last week and today ? If Lewis was a better option to start behind EJ, why was he on the PS with Tuel backing EJ ?

This is the most perplexing thing to me., There have been many verbal contortions by Marrone regarding the QB position since Friday. Did they suddenly realize at midnight that it was Lewis who gives them the best chance to win? Then why in the world was he still on the PS?

Basically this is an admission that Tuel has no business in the NFL right now. Bills should still sign White or Dixon and waive Tuel goodbye or send him to PS. At this point, it's a waste of a roster spot.

Exactly. Either Tuel has consistently been the better QB or he hasn't. If he has the coaching staff should forgive the egg he laid and chalk it up to it being his first taste of a real NFL game, in prime time, on the road against a tough D. If he hasn't then why wasn't Lewis the #2 for the first 5 games?

This is what I don't get either. When was the last time anyone heard of a guy being promoted from the practice squad and starting over the #2 like this? Its just bizarre.

I got to agree on why he was not on the active roster if he is a better option then Tuel. I also will speculate that the Bills do not believe signing a Carr, Dixon, White, etc... is worth it. Possibly EJ's knee is improving and the Bills think he can be back in a few games. The need to go sign someone else is not necessary. OR yes it could be all the other negative reasons- Bills do not want to spend money, Freeman did not want to come to Buffalo, etc.. One thing I do hope is that Hackett will design a plan that is aggressive, Bengals have a good D and trying to line up and smash it down their throats will be silly. Hackett does not have to try and bring Lewis along slowly or worry about hurting his confidence. Open it up if you want to beat the Bengals. Mix it up and throw the kitchen sink at the Bengals.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Lewis isn't a normal PS guy. He has started a game in the NFL and finished with a 83 QB rating. Not great but at least it won't be his first start.

And you can't just compare games like that. We almost beat the Pats too. The Bengals couldn't score a td against the Browns while we scored 3. The Colts beat the Seahawks, but lost to the Fins who lost to the Ravens, who we beat. Every game in the NFL is different.

http://youtu.be/HY-03vYYAjA

Wondering if Tuel showed nothing in the last few days of practice. Imho, doesn't bode well for Tuel

There hasn't been any practice, they had the weekend off

Yes, but don't let facts interfere with the deeply satisfying Tuel Trashing session which is forever in progress around here.

I'm expecting to hear later today that Pat White has also been signed, and Tuel has been released (to be added back to the PS later).

Pat White is on his way to Oakland for a workout. Marrone already said that the Bills are looking at add a QB to the PS.

I'm expecting to hear later today that Pat White has also been signed, and Tuel has been released (to be added back to the PS later).

sounds about right. Not sure if they love Tuel to the PS tho. Not sure if they want to go into a game this week with Lewis starting and White as the backup.

I'm starting to believe they think EJ's injury will last on the shorter side of the time frame that they've outlined. If they thought it would be persistent through week 12, I imagine they would have picked up a guy with starter's chops.

I'm mildly interested to see what Lewis can do.

We're all writing Tuel off at this point but he might be a guy who, with a year in the system, could come in and capably run the offense if not the entire bag of tricks. Or, he might be a guy who gets replaced by a vet, by Lewis, or by a 2014 draftee. I hope the Bills keep doing due diligence at this position.

While folks are complaining about not picking up Freeman (whom I would have liked here), it's worth noting that the Bills had a backup plan with a veteran who is still getting paid here; that plan just completely blew up. I wonder if Kolb will be an option in 2014. I don't think he's great by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure would feel more comfortable with EJ - (a healthy) Kolb - Lewis than EJ - Tuel or EJ - Lewis - Tuel.

I just wondered why they never considered bringing Tarvaris Jackson back. I am sure they could have gotten him back for a 7th rounder. The guy has taken a team to the playoffs. He couldn't have been that bad.

I just wondered why they never considered bringing Tarvaris Jackson back. I am sure they could have gotten him back for a 7th rounder. The guy has taken a team to the playoffs. He couldn't have been that bad.

Yeah. Clearly they should never have cut him in the first place. I reason I recall being given was he wasn't getting enough reps. Brilliant.

The TJax foolishness of the past two years will forever be a source of bewilderment to Bills' fans.

Oh man, that would be hilarious. Trade another 7th rounder for Jackson. Jackson struggled learning the offense. He is a good backup for Seattle because he has been in htat system for years (Seattle's OC was Jackson;s OC in Minnesota).