Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

Freeman signed for $3 mil

Bills should have offered him $5 mil.

this confirms they are not serious about this season.

Tuel, Thad Lewis and Pat White are a joke.

By all reports the Bills made a very big push to sign Freeman. He is going to a playoff team where their starter is hurt. Freeman made the right call

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what a surprise. The Bills go with the cheapest option.

White and Lewis have a similar skill set. Lewis has been here since the Preseason so it makes sense to go with him over a guy who doesn't know the offense. Cheapest option wasn't a factor IMO or the Bills wouldn't have been after Freeman.

By all reports the Bills made a very big push to sign Freeman. He is going to a playoff team where their starter is hurt. Freeman made the right call

He's also going to a playoff team where he's better than the current starter. He absolutely made the right call.

White and Lewis have a similar skill set. Lewis has been here since the Preseason so it makes sense to go with him over a guy who doesn't know the offense. Cheapest option wasn't a factor IMO or the Bills wouldn't have been after Freeman.

What concerns me is that Tuel absolutely blows, but Lewis still was unable to beat him out in training camp. Not very promising.

what a surprise. The Bills go with the cheapest option.

I don't know if it's fair to say that. Reports were that they tried to sign Freeman, but he wants to go somewhere where he can be the permanent starter. Freeman sounds like a real punk. He had a chance to play here and show the whole league he can play, but he wanted Minnesota instead. I'm sure the Bills would have given him the three million that the VIkings gave him. I predict his career will be over within the next two years. He's getting paid 11 million this year and look at his performance. Strange how things like that can happen.

I guess Pat White wanted to play hard ball with the Bills and use the Raiders as leverage. Go for it man, you've been out of the league for three years and had a chance to start, but your agent wants you to maximize your earning potential. Have fun being a non-entity in the league.

Sounds like a couple of punks who didn't want to play here.

Thad Lewis -- what the hell, give him a shot.

How do you figure? They're (2-3). They still have 11 regular season games left to play and Manuel will be back in a few weeks. You want them to kidnap Peyton Manning?? What more can they do, man?

Exactly! This is what I have been saying, I am not sure what folks expect the FO to do at this point. Yes, they should have had a better plan in place with a serviceable backup with at least some experience on the roster. They did sign Kolb, they should have brought in another guy when he got IR'd. Then at least he would have been practicing with the team and know the offense should something like this occur. You should never go into the season with only rookie QBs on your roster. That said, we are looking at the here and now. All reports said they made a major push for Freeman. He chose another situation and I don't blame him, he needs to make the best decision for his own future and I can see why he chose Minn. EWhen they didn't get him, who else was out there? We all saw the list of QBs. And it makes no sense to trade for a QB for just a few weeks, this team needs their draft picls and you still need to get that guy up to speed on the offense, chemistry with the WRs, etc. This was the best decision, IMO, with what they had to work with. With any luck, EJ is back in 3 weeks.

He's also going to a playoff team where he's better than the current starter. He absolutely made the right call.

Yep, they were looking for a way to spark the team in Minn... Ponder isn't getting it done and Freeman fell in their lap.

What concerns me is that Tuel absolutely blows, but Lewis still was unable to beat him out in training camp. Not very promising.

You have to remember that Lewis arrived late in the preseason after being acquired in a trade for LB Chris White. Tuel had the advantage of knowing the offense since he was around for OTAs and camp. The advantage has been negated by Lewis' subsequent time with the team.

It's a discouraging outcome, IMO.

The second EJ got hurt and Tuel came in I was thinking that if EJ was out for any extended period of time, Freeman was the only QB with the real potential to carry the Bills through that time period. They had a small advantage because they played on Thursday night and the other teams were getting ready for the weekend games. I was hoping that they would put a good offer on the table for Freeman, it's not like he was an unknown QB. What's the big deal if they gave him a 1 year, 4m dollar deal (that's backup money anyway). Then they have an excellent 1-year insurance policy.

I really REALLY hope I am wrong, but I just don't think Thad Lewis is getting it done. You can't consistently start CFL caliber QBs in the NFL.

Edited by dubs

Or... or... or...just maybe they like Thaddeus Lewis better than Dixon or White? They actually have seen him in practice for several weeks now.

apparently that is true...but if so, why wasn't he on the 53, and Tuel on the practice squad?

There hasn't been any practice, they had the weekend off

Thanx. I did not know that.

Well, then this decision makes me really wonder what is going on with Tuel. What changed between last week and today ? If Lewis was a better option to start behind EJ, why was he on the PS with Tuel backing EJ ?

But they like Lewis less that Tuel. Well, as good a time as any to see what Lewis has.

Yes, based on the preseason. But Tuel had a lot more PT and the benefit of camp. Lewis didn't get here until the end of preseason. It looks like what he has shown in practice, meetings, etc. plus Tuel's performance in the Browns game has made him the best available option.

I'm hoping this means they think EJ will be back fairly quickly. More likely to sign an outside QB if one were needed for 6-8 weeks.

There is always the chance that the Bills still sign a QB, but at this point they wouldn't have one ready for Cincy. I do feel EJ won't be out that long and that could be why Freeman didn't think this is is best option.