Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry but why is Josh Freeman worth $5 million?

This kind of post baffles me. Who cares if they have to overpay for Freeman? They are WAY under the salary cap and, unless you are Ralph Wilson, the money is not coming out of your bank account. The Bills are in a position where they now have to overpay for a veteran QB because they were short-sighted and incompetent enough to go into the season with only one acceptable QB, who by the way had already had knee surgery in training camp.

Edited by mannc

I'd rather start Lewis than Tuel, as well. The question is, why wasn't Lewis promoted to the 53 man roster until after EJ was hurt and Tuel exposed as a guy who probably would not start for the University of Buffalo? Once again, the Bills are an absolute disaster at the QB position, all because of front office incompetence. And remember, we still don't know if EJ is going to be "the guy". If he only plays a few more games this year, which seems likely, what do the Bills do in the draft if there is a franchise type QB available, which, again, seems likely? If EJ has not clearly established himself as the QB of the future, I think they have to seriously consider drafting a first round QB again. At a minimum, they will need to take at least one more QB prospect in one of the later rounds.

I think the answer to this is simple....in practice they liked Tuel...

But when the live bullets started firing.....he wasnt ready and they didnt know that till it happened.....simple as that

And they QUICKLY made a move after that

It's not much different than when Gailey first started and Trent was the starter. Trent looked good in practice and even in preseason games. Very good in fact. Then with real bullets flying the game was too much for him. Gailey saw it pretty much right away and then cut him after three games. Marrone and Hackett (dead wrongly) thought Tuel looked pretty good in practice and sometimes in preseason games. But with real bullets flying they saw he was woefully unprepared. At least Lewis looked decent with Cleveland.

Lewis is a much better option than Tuel, and probably better than Pat White. I would have much preferred Freeman obviously but the Vikes are apparently giving up on Ponder (which is wise for them, I just never thought they would do it now). He has a chance to finish a season and be the man. That's an obvious choice, depending on what they told him. I liked Dixon but it's possible that he no longer shows the arm and legs he had that made him special for awhile.

There is something else to consider here.....

- The big detracts from Pat White and Dixon was the vast lack of experience (pat white never completing a regular season pass was brought up....a LOT)

Thadeus Lewis to me is in the same situation Chandler was in.....always behind a higher touted guy

Im not saying Lewis for starter when EJ is ready...Im saying that Thad could suprise here

I think the answer to this is simple....in practice they liked Tuel...

But when the live bullets started firing.....he wasnt ready and they didnt know that till it happened.....simple as that

And they QUICKLY made a move after that

Agreed. But aren't our front office and coaches paid to know in advance whether these guys will be able to perform in an actual NFL game? Any moron who watched a couple series of the Browns game knows that Tuel cannot play QB, and there was little or nothing on his resume that suggested otherwise.

Ok can we just be objective for 5 minutes? This team is a total train wreck.

You want to be objective and you start off this way?...About a team that is 2-3 but should be at least 3-2 right now if their starting QB only ducked out of bounds a split second sooner...A team that in all 3 losses was ahead or tied in the 4th quarter? And the same team that has been playing without 4 of their top 5 DB's for a good chunk of those 5 games...A total train wreck? Really?

I can be as negative about some aspects of this organization as anyone...I've proven that here hundreds of times...There's a bunch of things they could have, and should have, done better...But to call the Bills a total train wreck? No way... B-)

I hope Thad Lewis comes in and plays well but my passion for this season has gone out the window.

All EJ had to do was step out of bounds and we wouldn't be in this situation.

But its the Bills we are talking about, nothing goes right for us. Someday the Football Gods will smile on us again. :censored: :doh:

:wallbash:

You want to be objective and you start off this way?...About a team that is 2-3 but should be at least 3-2 right now if their starting QB only ducked out of bounds a split second sooner...A team that in all 3 losses was ahead or tied in the 4th quarter? And the same team that has been playing without 4 of their top 5 DB's for a good chunk of those 5 games...A total train wreck? Really?

I can be as negative about some aspects of this organization as anyone...I've proven that here hundreds of times...There's a bunch of things they could have, and should have, done better...But to call the Bills a total train wreck? No way... B-)

I agree, although I think it's fair to call the Bills' QB situation a total train wreck at this point. I don't really blame the front office - they acquired Kolb and EJ. Teams don't usually get down to their 3rd option at QB, so it's hard to say they should have expected it. You could make the argument that they should have brought in a more experienced option as soon as Kolb went down, but I'm not sure there were any viable options out there.

One more point: in my opinion Freeman choosing the Vikes illustrates the hurdles that the front office still must overcome when trying to lure talent/coaches to Buffalo. I know the thinking is that Freeman chose the Vikes because he might have a shot to stick there long term, but I gotta believe if a more well-respected franchise like the Niners, for example, had the same QB crisis as the Bills, Freeman would have gone to the Niners. The only thing that will help is winning.