Lets turn our attention to Baltimore

dascottbills28

I think after a bad defeat like we just had, the best thing is to move on and focus our attention to this weeks coming game. This shapes up to be a closer game than most will admit. Baltimore got blown out in their opening game, needed a comeback to beat the lowly Browns at home in their second game and while they won big yesterday, the emotion of Ray Lewis being inducted into the team hall of fame rode them to a big emotional win. I see a number of holes in the Baltimore roster and a game that we can steal.

I believe Baltimore is no where near what they were last year.

They have holes on D and with Rice being banged up and the wide receivers for Baltimore also questionable, Bills have a shot.

We got to hope Byrd, Gilmore, or McKelvin can come back this week though. Otherwise i am scared what Flacco could do to us.

I really do not want to watch Dallas Clark find the fountain of youth.

I also have got to hope Hackett studies up and figures out some ways to use EJ with Chandler, Stevie, and Woods. Freddie is your running back and CJ is your third down/pass catching rb.

Ravens like to bring it on D so playing them right after NY is good i guess. Screens and quick timing plays are going to be needed for the O to have success.

How about this story? lol

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was hurt early this morning after a brawl erupted on a party bus filled with his Ravens teammates ... TMZ has learned.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/23/baltimore-ravins-jacoby-jones-party-bus-brawl-fight-washington-dc/#ixzz2fkGRAtnF

Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.comhttp://www.tmz.com/2...-washington-dc/

Edited by zow2

Hackett's game plan for next week is already done. He just took the same game plan for the last 3 weeks and substituted Baltimore's name.

We already know our first 2 plays from scrimmage will be read option hand offs up the middle for a loss or no gain. On third and long we'll check down well short of the first down marker and sent out the punt team.

Rinse and repeat. Ladies and gents, your 2013 Bills offensive scheme.

Hackett's game plan for next week is already done. He just took the same game plan for the last 3 weeks and substituted Baltimore's name.

We already know our first 2 plays from scrimmage will be read option hand offs up the middle for a loss or no gain. On third and long we'll check down well short of the first down marker and sent out the punt team.

You know i want to disagree with you, i do. But Hackett has left me no way to do so.

The only positive coming from CJ being banged up, is Hackett will be forced to not use him in any type of power running scheme.

I laughed when I read this post.....then I cried, becasue it's true

You know i want to disagree with you, i do. But Hackett has left me no way to do so.

The only positive coming from CJ being banged up, is Hackett will be forced to not use him in any type of power running scheme.

Maybe Richard Sherman should email Hackett(or the offense) "Stop bitching and !@#$in adapt."

I do think Baltimore defense will be easier after the Jets but we need the secondary to get healthy fast or it's going to be another bad sunday.

Edited by The Wiz

CJ did well between the tackles last year. So I don't blame Hackett for think he would be able to do it again.

CJ did well between the tackles last year. So I don't blame Hackett for think he would be able to do it again.

Ok.

At what point to do you stop living in the past and face reality today?

Not being argumentative, just tired of watching CJ get arm tackled. And when he does brake a nice run i am scarred to death of him fumbling.

Baltimore game is a winnable game. Playing at home is an advantage. Baltimore needed to replace after their defense so they arent gelled yet. The ofesne isnt much either without Bolden and Rice.

against Houston they got 2 return TDs. The offense amounted to 16 points (this is without taking into account offense being set up on short drives because of turnovers/good returns)

Ok.

At what point to do you stop living in the past and face reality today?

Not being argumentative, just tired of watching CJ get arm tackled. And when he does brake a nice run i am scarred to death of him fumbling.

Well it seems like the problem is more CJ then doesn't it.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

Here we go again with these we're going to beat the opponent threads. How bout we consistently win and then think of ways of, how we're going to beat the super bowl champs.

They are yet to allow an offensive TD since week 1 and you're telling me we have a shot at winning? Why? Cuz we're playing in the Ralph?

I'm not saying give up hope man but after yesterday what makes people think that EJ has a shot against Baltimore's defense?

Ravens 35 Bills 17

I think after a bad defeat like we just had, the best thing is to move on and focus our attention to this weeks coming game. This shapes up to be a closer game than most will admit. Baltimore got blown out in their opening game, needed a comeback to beat the lowly Browns at home in their second game and while they won big yesterday, the emotion of Ray Lewis being inducted into the team hall of fame rode them to a big emotional win. I see a number of holes in the Baltimore roster and a game that we can steal.

If u see holes in Baltimore's roster, what the heck do we have???

I cried when I read this. Then I laughed.

We are back to a laughable franchise. We will be 1-5 or 2-4 at the end of week 6.

Can baseball post season start already. We're done, as usual.

I was at the Ravens game in Baltimore this past weekend. Here is what the Ravens managed to do to the Texans:

1. All but shut down their running game. (That would be Arian Foster and Ben Tate who are better than our tandem).

2. No big plays for Houston WRs (DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Johnson who are better than our tandem of Johnson and ?)

3. Hold Owen Daniels to 5 catches for 29 Yards ( I would grade Daniels ahead of Chandler, but if you wish call it a tie)

4. Do just enough offensively through the air ( Torrey Smith, Dallas Clark) to move the chains. I am not looking forward watching Torrey Smith and Flacco destroy our secondary.

5. Win the special teams battle

6. And win the game without their best offensive weapon Ray Rice, who is out with a hip flexor injury.

What I am saying is that they beat a good Houston Defense without their best offensive weapon. We don't have the defense to stop them, and we don't have an offense that will move the ball on them.

How about this story? lol

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was hurt early this morning after a brawl erupted on a party bus filled with his Ravens teammates ... TMZ has learned.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/23/baltimore-ravins-jacoby-jones-party-bus-brawl-fight-washington-dc/#ixzz2fkGRAtnF

Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.comhttp://www.tmz.com/2...-washington-dc/

Can Sweat Pea play Oline?

Here we go again with these we're going to beat the opponent threads. How bout we consistently win and then think of ways of, how we're going to beat the super bowl champs.

They are yet to allow an offensive TD since week 1 and you're telling me we have a shot at winning? Why? Cuz we're playing in the Ralph?

I'm not saying give up hope man but after yesterday what makes people think that EJ has a shot against Baltimore's defense?

If that's not saying "give up hope", then I'd hate to see what is.

Not that I disagree with you, I'm not expecting this game to be pretty based on the Bills' performances so far, even though I do think Baltimore is significantly diminished from the SB team of a year ago.

Well it seems like the problem is more CJ then doesn't it.

Yes it is. But Hackett failing to adjust is costing the team just as much. IF you got a player not performing or unable to carry out a job, stop asking that player to do it. OR you become just as much a part of the problem. At this point we know what CJ is. A very elusive player in open space. He is not a bull rusher. Stop trying to make CJ something he is not.

It was like yesterday when they ran the wheel route and EJ hit Freddie in stride with it. That is when CJ should have been used. My point is run Freddie up the middle and use CJ outside. Until Hackett shows he understands his personel and how to use them correctly i am not sold on him as an OC.

You DO know how a read option works, right? Judging by this post, you don't have a clue.

Nope, we're toast

LOL. 1 - 3. But we play well and compete. That's all you can ask when you have no secondary players at all and Joe Flacco instead of Geno Smith is on the other side. And 8 in the box on defense for Ravens. Here's hope'n, but a win in this game will take several acts of G_D.

I was at the Ravens game in Baltimore this past weekend. Here is what the Ravens managed to do to the Texans:

1. All but shut down their running game. (That would be Arian Foster and Ben Tate who are better than our tandem).

2. No big plays for Houston WRs (DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Johnson who are better than our tandem of Johnson and ?)

3. Hold Owen Daniels to 5 catches for 29 Yards ( I would grade Daniels ahead of Chandler, but if you wish call it a tie)

4. Do just enough offensively through the air ( Torrey Smith, Dallas Clark) to move the chains. I am not looking forward watching Torrey Smith and Flacco destroy our secondary.

5. Win the special teams battle

6. And win the game without their best offensive weapon Ray Rice, who is out with a hip flexor injury.

What I am saying is that they beat a good Houston Defense without their best offensive weapon. We don't have the defense to stop them, and we don't have an offense that will move the ball on them.

No offense, but it's silly to compare games like this. The Texans should have lost to the Chargers and Titans. Maybe they aren't as good as people thing. The Ravens struggled to beat the Browns at home. We beat the Panthers who hand the Giants their worst loss in the Coughlin era. The Panthers shut down Lynch while Spiller ran for 100+.

No offense, but it's silly to compare games like this. The Texans should have lost to the Chargers and Titans. Maybe they aren't as good as people thing. The Ravens struggled to beat the Browns at home. We beat the Panthers who hand the Giants their worst loss in the Coughlin era. The Panthers shut down Lynch while Spiller ran for 100+.

Absolutely, the NFL is just weird. The Ravens appear at this point to be a good, but not great team. Due to injuries and FA departures, they are SB champs but most likely will take a step back this year. I looked at the box score from the Houston game and they only got in the end zone once. Pierce only had 65 rushing yards against Houston. Andre Johnson is hurt and Hopkins is a rookie - a good rookie, and our #2 is a lso a rookie, but it bears mentioning. Again, I don't expect to beat the Ravens but it is not out of the question if they can get to Flacco and force him into TOs (he didn't do it in the playoffs but in the reg season he has a tendency to throw INTs). It is more likely he picks on our secondary, but if the front 7 can pressure him we know it could throw him off. We need to control their running game too. EJ needs to play a better game and we have to get CJ going. We have all the talent to beat them and being at the Ralph is an advantage. Plus I think it is funny the poster who said they haven't allowed an offensive TD since Game 1. As in that game they allowed 7 TDS and the next game were playing the Browns with Weeden and without their #1 WR. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Absolutely, the NFL is just weird. The Ravens appear at this point to be a good, but not great team. Due to injuries and FA departures, they are SB champs but most likely will take a step back this year. I looked at the box score from the Houston game and they only got in the end zone once. Pierce only had 65 rushing yards against Houston. Andre Johnson is hurt and Hopkins is a rookie - a good rookie, and our #2 is a lso a rookie, but it bears mentioning. Again, I don't expect to beat the Ravens but it is not out of the question if they can get to Flacco and force him into TOs (he didn't do it in the playoffs but in the reg season he has a tendency to throw INTs). It is more likely he picks on our secondary, but if the front 7 can pressure him we know it could throw him off. We need to control their running game too. EJ needs to play a better game and we have to get CJ going. We have all the talent to beat them and being at the Ralph is an advantage. Plus I think it is funny the poster who said they haven't allowed an offensive TD since Game 1. As in that game they allowed 7 TDS and the next game were playing the Browns with Weeden and without their #1 WR.

I agree with everything you said. The Ravens definitely deserve to be the favorites but they are far from an elite team.

He is just setting up a flea flicker to start off the game at some point!

Remember the 49ers game last year a week after the record-setting debacle against NE* at home? This game has the potential to be just like that.

We are at a crossroads, banged up, and thin in the secondary, especially at CB. Flacco is licking his chops at the prospects.

And until EJ can make teams pay for man coverage (sound familiar?) we will see 8 or 9 in the box against a DLine every bit as good as the Jest, if not better, and many unmanageable down/distance situations as we result. It could get fugly in a hurry.

We'll see how good Marrone and Co. can coach as they face their first real adversity this season. It's all part of the maturation process with a young team and it starts with the coaches.

GO BILLS!!!

We'll see how good Marrone and Co. can coach as they face their first real adversity this season. It's all part of the maturation process with a young team and it starts with the coaches.

GO BILLS!!!

This. There was nothing more disheartening last year than to see the Bills' follow-up to the Pats* debacle in San Fran. No heart, no fight -- nada.

I want to see the Bills play angry. Smart, but angry.

Let's not forget we have played very well against Baltimore recently as well, winning in Buffalo and should have beat them in Baltimore last time we played driving with Nelson fumbling in the air in OT in Baltimore territory...

Baltimore also probably played its best game of the year last week with Lewis being inducted into their Ring of Honor, and were actually dominated by Houston in the first half but they settled for FGs instead of TDs...Baltimore took control after a INT return for a TD and a punt return TD, not thru their offense.

If we can continue to limit our mistakes we will be in this game...I doubt Manuel plays as poorly as last week again...we are at home and that should energize us

Also, the Texans actually neutralized Baltimore's offense more than Baltimore neutralized theirs. Flacco was 16/24 for 171 yards and Pearce rushed 24 times for 65 yards, under 3 YPC. In total Baltimore gained 240 yards of offense. Houston averaged 4.1 YPC so I think we can run a little on them. Carolina was supposed to be a great front 7 as well and Spiller averaged 6 YPC against them.

Edited by matter2003

For fun, I looked at the NY Jets-Ravens box score from their last meeting (2011), to get an idea of how they performed against Pettine/Ryan defense. Flacco's #s - 10/31, 163 yds, 32.3% passer rating. 0 TDs, 1 INT. Fr the record, the Ravens won 34-17 but scored 1 offensive TD on a Ray Rice 3 yd run.