My First Post

Hello, Everyone!

I just wanted to write a quick post quickly introducing myself. This is my first time posting on the board, but I have been reading and following it very intensely over the past several years. As a person who does not live in the Buffalo area, this board has been great for me to keep up to date on everything Bills.

I am 22 years old and was born in Washington, D.C. and have never lived a day in Buffalo. I currently live in Maryland and go to college at Syracuse. Anyways, I'm a huge Bills fan because my dad raised me right. Both of my parents were born and raised in north Buffalo, and I can honestly tell you that I have never once had a choice about my love for the Bills- I can't remember a time in my life where they weren't a huge part of my life. Just like me, my brother was also born here and never lived a day in buffalo, but is also a huge bills fan and went to three of the super bowl games with my dad (i was too young to go). Yesterday afternoon, my brother just had a son, and a new Bills fan has been born. We've now got 3 generations of Bills fans in this family, and only one who has any real ties to the city. The Bills have truly been a way for us to all bond together over the years, and although their play has been less than memorable, I have some amazing memories with my father going to games at the Ralph or on the road.

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am as anxious as anyone for this team to turn things around, as I was 8 years old when we were last in the playoffs. That's a lifetime of some awful football, but I'm really looking forward to watching EJ and Coach Marrone turn this thing around. As a 5th year Syracuse student, this coach of ours is the real deal- I'm really excited to see what he can do with these guys. We definitely have talented players, and hopefully, we finally have a talented coach.

Lets Go Bills! Cheers! :beer: :beer:

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am as anxious as anyone for this team to turn things around, as I was 8 years old when we were last in the playoffs. That's a lifetime of some awful football, but I'm really looking forward to watching EJ and Coach Marrone turn this thing around. As a 5th year Syracuse student, this coach of ours is the real deal- I'm really excited to see what he can do with these guys. We definitely have talented players, and hopefully, we finally have a talented coach.

I was 34 last time the Bills made the playoffs and I'm now 57. :w00t: Well I'm feeling that old. Welcome aboard man. Why have you waited so long to chime in?

I was 34 last time the Bills made the playoffs and I'm now 57. :w00t: Well I'm feeling that old. Welcome aboard man. Why have you waited so long to chime in?

For a long time I was satisfied with lurking around here and just reading everyone's opinion with no real desire to be active on the board, but after 14 years, I'm not sure I can suffer in silence anymore! For some reason, this time around this rebuild has a different feel to it. It doesn't mean that it will end up working, but there's a genuine excitement and buzz around this team, and I'm looking forward to experiencing it with everyone when this organization turns it all around.

Anyways, I'm a huge Bills fan because my dad raised me right. Both of my parents were born and raised in north Buffalo, and I can honestly tell you that I have never once had a choice about my love for the Bills- I can't remember a time in my life where they weren't a huge part of my life.

Your dad seems pretty mean.

For a long time I was satisfied with lurking around here and just reading everyone's opinion with no real desire to be active on the board, but after 14 years, I'm not sure I can suffer in silence anymore! For some reason, this time around this rebuild has a different feel to it. It doesn't mean that it will end up working, but there's a genuine excitement and buzz around this team, and I'm looking forward to experiencing it with everyone when this organization turns it all around.

You and me both! I have that feeling that feeling too that finally, it is starting to turn around. Of course it is only the second day of camp lol

?? That does not add up my friend.

I know! :w00t:

Welcome! And thank your parents for raising you right. My own daughter, who's about your age, was raised in Northern California and became a Raiders fan much to my chagrin. Well, at least she's not a Fins, Jets or Pats fan.

Your fanship has lasted through some pretty lean times. Hopefully, you'll soon get the experience the joy of rooting for the Bills in a playoff game.

Is this a result of Russ hiring a Syracuse guy? I had heard rumors its a ploy to trick cuse fans into buying in....

(Just joking, welcome aboard)

Wait.... you have been lurking here since you were 8? :unsure:

Great first post -- welcome! If you've been lurking for a few years then you already know what you're getting yourself into. ;)

I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a Bills fan who started rooting for the team after the glory run of the 90s; at least most of us still have our memories. But man, it will be so sweet when they get this engine running again.

Welcome to you. Only question is what took you so long? Post early, post often and congrats on becoming an uncle! Send a case of wine to R. Mead, Charlton, NY.

Mods, can I call him an idiot, just to pop his cherry?

no <_<

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words! Can't wait to talk some football with you guys. Really looking forward to seeing how this quarterback competition pans out. You can put me down on being on team EJ

I support EJ as well; unfortunately, I can't associate with you since you have zero warning points.

Great first post -- welcome! If you've been lurking for a few years then you already know what you're getting yourself into. ;)

I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a Bills fan who started rooting for the team after the glory run of the 90s; at least most of us still have our memories. But man, it will be so sweet when they get this engine running again.

As a member of the "started rooting for the Bills after the glory run in the 90's" club, I'd just like to say that the feeling is like,...

Hmmm if I can put my emotions in a jar, it'd be like I couldn't move and stayed still like Bledsoe in the pocket mixed with a hint of losing myself in crucial moments like a travis henry, leodis mckelvin and roscoe parrish fumble mixed with a little bit of dying to show some emotion but am just so depressed and numb like a Dick jauron interview and/or on the sidelines mixed with a little bit of, at times thinking we can produce and play good ball or in Mike mularkey's case, think I can act n be the next kevin costner but really all we are is look alikes, mixed with a little bit of, working hard and sweating and bleeding for a better future and instead of investing in a new home (Franchise QB) I just settle living in the projects and paying cheaper rent (Kelly holcolm, Brian Brohm, Trent, Fitz (who actually got paid decent money and yes, I did just put paranthesis inside of paranthesis), Losman), which can lead to poor schooling in the neighborhood and can maybe get our car stolen or our house broken into which really means the investment didnt pay off...

I can go on brother but take a nice sip of those emotions I just mentioned but also realize that those are the ONLY emotions you know yourself to have of the Bills (no glory days) and that's what rooting for the Bills after the glory days feels like.

As a member of the "started rooting for the Bills after the glory run in the 90's" club, I'd just like to say that the feeling is like,...

Hmmm if I can put my emotions in a jar, it'd be like I couldn't move and stayed still like Bledsoe in the pocket mixed with a hint of losing myself in crucial moments like a travis henry, leodis mckelvin and roscoe parrish fumble mixed with a little bit of dying to show some emotion but am just so depressed and numb like a Dick jauron interview and/or on the sidelines mixed with a little bit of, at times thinking we can produce and play good ball or in Mike mularkey's case, think I can act n be the next kevin costner but really all we are is look alikes, mixed with a little bit of, working hard and sweating and bleeding for a better future and instead of investing in a new home (Franchise QB) I just settle living in the projects and paying cheaper rent (Kelly holcolm, Brian Brohm, Trent, Fitz (who actually got paid decent money and yes, I did just put paranthesis inside of paranthesis), Losman), which can lead to poor schooling in the neighborhood and can maybe get our car stolen or our house broken into which really means the investment didnt pay off...

I can go on brother but take a nice sip of those emotions I just mentioned but also realize that those are the ONLY emotions you know yourself to have of the Bills (no glory days) and that's what rooting for the Bills after the glory days feels like.

what a shame, they were the some good years, can't even explain the emotions.

(well written post though)

Great first post glad yourhappy with your fate.

As someone that lives in the DC area and is a new father I have the burden of cursing my children to be Bills fans.

As they grew older if they choose to root for the ravens I'll be supportive (never the Deadskins {XXVI})

Although I hope when they get to your age the Second dynasty led by ej will just be ending after a 20 year straight Super bowl run.

Hello, Everyone!

I just wanted to write a quick post quickly introducing myself. This is my first time posting on the board, but I have been reading and following it very intensely over the past several years. As a person who does not live in the Buffalo area, this board has been great for me to keep up to date on everything Bills.

I am 22 years old and was born in Washington, D.C. and have never lived a day in Buffalo. I currently live in Maryland and go to college at Syracuse. Anyways, I'm a huge Bills fan because my dad raised me right. Both of my parents were born and raised in north Buffalo, and I can honestly tell you that I have never once had a choice about my love for the Bills- I can't remember a time in my life where they weren't a huge part of my life. Just like me, my brother was also born here and never lived a day in buffalo, but is also a huge bills fan and went to three of the super bowl games with my dad (i was too young to go). Yesterday afternoon, my brother just had a son, and a new Bills fan has been born. We've now got 3 generations of Bills fans in this family, and only one who has any real ties to the city. The Bills have truly been a way for us to all bond together over the years, and although their play has been less than memorable, I have some amazing memories with my father going to games at the Ralph or on the road.

welcome, this will certainly help you get your Bills fix, enjoy

You know, its actually kind of funny. The way my Bills fan experience has gone, I truly have zero expectations of them. I love the Bills because they have given me and my dad a real thing to bond over- something that we're both incredibly passionate about. We've taken trips to Buffalo and to the Ralph at least once a year every year since I was 7 years old. We've seen them play in Washington, Baltimore, New York, Detroit, Miami, Denver. The Bills were such a part of my childhood it barely even bothers me how bad they've been. I owe a lot to this team, as they've really brought me closer with my dad. Even though they've sucked for so long, I go into every season optimistic that they'll turn it around and surprise us- but if they don't, then there's always next year. My patience has started to run thin, as this playoff drought is really insane. The odds of this happening to a fan base is so slim, yet here we all are. I often times find myself wondering how great it will feel when they do win that Lombardi trophy, and selfishly, I'm glad I'll be able to experience the first one. Just hopefully they do it soon so my dad can experience it with us!

You know, its actually kind of funny. The way my Bills fan experience has gone, I truly have zero expectations of them. I love the Bills because they have given me and my dad a real thing to bond over- something that we're both incredibly passionate about. We've taken trips to Buffalo and to the Ralph at least once a year every year since I was 7 years old. We've seen them play in Washington, Baltimore, New York, Detroit, Miami, Denver. The Bills were such a part of my childhood it barely even bothers me how bad they've been. I owe a lot to this team, as they've really brought me closer with my dad. Even though they've sucked for so long, I go into every season optimistic that they'll turn it around and surprise us- but if they don't, then there's always next year. My patience has started to run thin, as this playoff drought is really insane. The odds of this happening to a fan base is so slim, yet here we all are. I often times find myself wondering how great it will feel when they do win that Lombardi trophy, and selfishly, I'm glad I'll be able to experience the first one. Just hopefully they do it soon so my dad can experience it with us!

I knew you had to be a freaking loser!!!

I'm only going to put the j/k because I dont want all the "saints" to come out.

So J/k. Put the gun down.

You have to ask?

Interesting take. I started liking the bills in 1990. At the start of the glory days.

Got glory?

First off, welcome to the board. Long time lurker here myself, though I do post here and there.

I have to give your dad a lot of credit for instilling something with you that both of you can share laughs and tears over. Being a longtime Bills fan with kids 9 and 7, I am in the same boat as your dad was over a decade ago. I am in the process of trying to get my kids to really get into watching the Bills games. We live in Florida and my biggest fear is having them become a fan of one the FL teams, though I seriously doubt it will happen. Both my kids went to their first game in Buffalo last year for the preseason thriller against the Skins. They were pretty bored with the game itself but they both loved the atmosphere with tailgating and in the stadium.

Anyway, I have to ask, was there any one thing that really turned you onto becoming a fan or would you say that it was just something that you saw your dad so involved in that you wanted to be part of it too?

Since when have you ever cared what you say or call a poster? He seems pretty fresh.. Enjoy!

MCB, welcome aboard! If its any consolation, I was 10 the last time the Bills won a championship and I AM 57! Hope to share another one with you!

My earliest memories of the Bills are... Watching my parents cry when Norwood missed 'the kick', then making a poster with all my Bills and Redskins cards X'ing out all the skins... Then 2 years later, my parents divorcing, which I Bill-ieve was mainly due to differing opinions on front office decisions...

Then the slump began... Now my wife and I have season tickets 3 rows off the field.... I take my kids to games... I vow to never let the Bills effect out marriage as it did my parents'...