QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Released

t317

Fitz will be a ok back up, time to move on. FO made a mistake with his big contract, maybe Mario also, we'll wait and see.

Fitz was 7-20 after he signed the contract. The bad part was that Nix gave him a 60M contract (21M guaranteed) after going 5-2....So foolhardy!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Fitzy gone who are we gonna blame for all of our problems now? Who's to blame for the 600 yard games on D? I am sure the loss of Levitre will account for the next time we allow another team to run 300 yards down our throat.

Buddy Nix

Strangely, despite being the right hand man of the whipping boy, the same crowd that gets off on trashing Nix thinks Jesus H. Whaley will be our savior.

not a fan of his either.

Fitz was 7-20 after he signed the contract. The bad part was that Nix gave him a 60M contract (21M guaranteed) after going 5-2....So foolhardy!

they pull that crap all the time, did same with jauron. Comes from being cheap, they panick and think they can get an "A" player or coach for "B" money. 5 wins by mid season seems to be the magic number for someone to get wildly overpaid

So far Nix seems to be the front runner. The only real knock on him is his failure to find a franchise QB, which is a significant indictment of him as that is the most important position on the field.

REALLY???? That has been the only knock?? The real irony here is that this teams' problem the last two years has been the lack of any hint of a Defense!

But yes, letting one of your most reliable O-lineman walk, releasing veteran QB, that for all his inconstancies, still put you in position to win games, oh, and add to that, the total absence of a WR core now. Yep! Blow-up the offense, that's been our only problem all along. That's the only knock on him.

Marrone.

Marrone = Greg Williams 2.0

they pull that crap all the time, did same with jauron. Comes from being cheap, they panick and think they can get an "A" player or coach for "B" money. 5 wins by mid season seems to be the magic number for someone to get wildly overpaid

Its a good thing nobody on this board wasn't demanding Fitz get signed at the time.

So far Nix seems to be the front runner. The only real knock on him is his failure to find a franchise QB, which is a significant indictment of him as that is the most important position on the field. However despite doing a decent, not good but decent, job of drafting, & a good job of bringing in & retaining quality FAs, it's en vogue amongst Bills fans to label him an incompetent POS.

He's been in charge for three years. Who are the players who are the foundation of the team?

He's been in charge for three years. Who are the players who are the foundation of the team?

On offense: Spiller, SJ, FJ, Wood, Glenn, Urbik, Chandler.

On defense: Mario, KW, Dareus, Byrd, Gilmore.

A lot of positions are still up in the air, & the jury is still out on a few (Searcy, Bradham, Brooks, etc.), but that's a pretty decent core to build around

Didn't realize Fitz had 83 TDs since he got here. More than I thought

The guy was productive but ultimately not good enough. I love every thing he brought to the table and I will miss him. He got every ounce out of his physical ability and I have nothing but respect for him. I wish him the best and that PAts game will always be a great memory.

Reality check - there is no stud QB coming out in the draft and if the Bills are counting on a first round QB, he'll almost certainly be a project and still not be as capable as Fitzpatrick was for at least a couple of years. Fitz may not have had the best arm, but he could read defenses and had the respect of his teammates. It's not as if he had top tier weapons to work with in the passing game either.

Oh, and BTW - the Bills still have a pathetic defense too. About the only hope the Bills will have is if they handle it the way they did when Joe Ferguson started as a rookie - hope for success on offense by handing the ball off in a run based ball control offense. If the Bills find themselves getting pummeled on defense and playing catchup, it's going to be a looong season for both the fans and the QB.

If the Bills plan is to start a rookie QB, it'll be a recipe for disaster if his confidence is shattered.

I don't think Fitz was the answer, but for now, the prospects appear to be a journeyman QB and a rookie.

The Bills are in perpetual rebuilding mode, and as the years go by, they lose the talent they've previously drafted and developed. It never ends.

This team is a joke.

This

He's on a short leash with me already. If we come out of the chute losing, it's game on.

Well, if that's your taste test then its game on now. You're looking at at least 9 new starters on both sides of the ball including a rookie qb in a year said to be bad for qbs (fa and rookie) . Take a look at this roster. It might beable to split with jets, but its going to crushed by the pats and fins. That's 5 losses right there. No way they win more than 3 of the other 10 games.

Well, if that's your taste test then its game on now. You're looking at at least 9 new starters on both sides of the ball including a rookie qb in a year said to be bad for qbs (fa and rookie) . Take a look at this roster. It might beable to split with jets, but its going to crushed by the pats and fins. That's 5 losses right there. No way they win more than 3 of the other 10 games.

I hear where you're coming from, but remember last season when we were going to "steamroll" the Jets, Fins and (laughably) the Patriots after our big offseason? Everyone anointed us playoff-bound and optimism was everywhere. You'll see the same thing projected for Miami and a lot of other big spenders this offseason. One Week One rolls around, the projections are all worthless.

On offense: Spiller, SJ, FJ, Wood, Glenn, Urbik, Chandler.

SJ, FJ, & Wood precede Nix. Chandler likely won't be around. Urbik is a decent JAG.

On defense: Mario, KW, Dareus, Byrd, Gilmore.

Kyle & Byrd precede Nix. The jury is still out on Dareus & Gilmore.

A lot of positions are still up in the air, & the jury is still out on a few (Searcy, Bradham, Brooks, etc.), but that's a pretty decent core to build around

It's not a decent core to build on, as out of the players you mention, during Nix's tenure only Spiller could be considered one of the top talents at his position. The other guys are decent, but not what I would call difference makers. His big time FA additions failed to make a difference so far, and the worry is that by the time the roster is rebuilt AGAIN, Mario's contract will be a noose wrapped around cement shoes.

Sure, there are ample bash Buddy threads out there. But to say that he doesn't deserve the beatings is ignoring his poor record. He still lives off his first press conference where Bills trotted out a football guy from central casting, because the guy he replaced wasn't a true football guy and what the bills needed was a football veteran (whatever that means). Never mind that under the management of the non-football guy as GM, Bills drafted and brought in better football players and had a better record than under the tenure of the guy from central casting.

Maybe I'm just extra ornery because the Deadspin prank reinforced the fear that Buddy is still calling a lot of the personnel decisions at OBD. Why? I haven't a clue.

With Fitzy gone who are we gonna blame for all of our problems now? Who's to blame for the 600 yard games on D? I am sure the loss of Levitre will account for the next time we allow another team to run 300 yards down our throat.

Fitz is a nice guy but a bad QB, not close to NFLstarting caliber. Get over it. The Bills have sucked for 12 or 13 years, they are gonna really suck this year and probably a few years after that, so might as well get a rookie in and get him his starts. Until Nix is gone, this team isn't going anywhere but further down, like they have since he got here on his "3 year plan."

So far Nix seems to be the front runner. The only real knock on him is his failure to find a franchise QB, which is a significant indictment of him as that is the most important position on the field. However despite doing a decent, not good but decent, job of drafting, & a good job of bringing in & retaining quality FAs, it's en vogue amongst Bills fans to label him an incompetent POS.

:lol: I love irony

Well then, two thirds of the teams in the league are under the same indictment. And most of the teams with franchise QBs really had to suck before getting them so those GMs were under indictment, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Tom Brady banked win after win after win with a bad defense... your short rant is meaningless.

It's not a decent core to build on, as out of the players you mention, during Nix's tenure only Spiller could be considered one of the top talents at his position. The other guys are decent, but not what I would call difference makers. His big time FA additions failed to make a difference so far, and the worry is that by the time the roster is rebuilt AGAIN, Mario's contract will be a noose wrapped around cement shoes.

Sure, there are ample bash Buddy threads out there. But to say that he doesn't deserve the beatings is ignoring his poor record. He still lives off his first press conference where Bills trotted out a football guy from central casting, because the guy he replaced wasn't a true football guy and what the bills needed was a football veteran (whatever that means). Never mind that under the management of the non-football guy as GM, Bills drafted and brought in better football players and had a better record than under the tenure of the guy from central casting.

Maybe I'm just extra ornery because the Deadspin prank reinforced the fear that Buddy is still calling a lot of the personnel decisions at OBD. Why? I haven't a clue.

I think it is a decent core. Even the best teams aren't stacked with stars at every position. When you switch coaches & philosophies a fair amount of turnover is to be expected. I suspect we'll see several holes filled with other team's cuts that will fill out the roster nicely so as to fit the new coach's vision. The team wasn't devoid of talent last year, & outside of Levitre I see no significant losses. I don't expect the Bills to tear it up this season, but if Marrone is any good they should be set up nicely to make a run the following year.