Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

His talent level is really intriguing. But I just don't want this type of attitude in the locker room and anywhere near Stevie. Stevie is immature enough and does not need any more bad influences around him.

At least Stevie was not openly defiant towards the coaches and the organization. He tried to be funny but did not mean harm to anyone. Not saying he used good judgement just that his behavior was far different.

Young on the other hand behaved in a poisonous manner. What is sad for him is that he is ruining his opportunities to earn a decent living. He seems not to get that he will likely not see the same kind of money once he is out of the NFL.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After twice being released by NFL clubs earlier this year, Titus Young has now been arrested…. twice in one day.

http://profootballta...ice-in-one-day/

really, its getting to be a sad story on a lot of fronts. you have to believe theres something legit wrong with him at this point beyond "he just needs to grow up" or "hes a jerk"

hopefully for his own sake he figures it out. at this point hes pretty much done with football i think. id assume him essentially blacklisted by pretty much every team.

really, its getting to be a sad story on a lot of fronts. you have to believe theres something legit wrong with him at this point beyond "he just needs to grow up" or "hes a jerk"

hopefully for his own sake he figures it out. at this point hes pretty much done with football i think. id assume him essentially blacklisted by pretty much every team.

its already too late for this kid.

In prison we have a common theme of seeing the same faces over and over again. When I was at Shock Camp, I would see the same guys come through over and over. At some point, the system just needs to realize that these people are just criminals and can't be helped. A metal cell is the only thing to do, and its not for them, it's to protect the innocent people they could hurt.

Titus Young falls into this category, IMO.

And hes not having a good day in the news:

http://deadspin.com/titus-young-will-take-a-nap-in-your-at-t-store-496122722

"Living in The Detroit suburbs and working for AT&T I would regularly get Lions players in my store. One of particular note was Titus Young. One night he came up after we had closed and started banging on the door. We couldn't unlock the doors because of policy, but he proceeded to hold up his driver's license to the window and say, "Do you know who I am?? I'm Titus Young". We ignored him.

The next day he came back during business hours and started yelling that we wouldn't let him in. He also demanded everything in the store should have been given to him for free. He had his sister with him who seemed like his assistant at the time. She was extremely professional and nice, almost like a parent trying to keep their child in line. After his sister took over dealing with us, Titus fell asleep on the bench and started snoring extremely loud in front of the other customers and employees."

Photo after the link... but i am going to say again, theres a good chance theres some undiagnosed mental illness and his stubborn self wont ever go in for treatment until a court orders it (which will be too late).

Edited by NoSaint

He will be holding up liquor stores within a few months.

I doubt he'll do anything that smart with a gun...

He's seems like more of a beat-up-his-girlfriend, put-a-gun-to-her-head, police-standoff, suicide-by-cop, type guy.

Prison time may be aiming a little high for poor Titus.

I doubt he'll do anything that smart with a gun...

He's seems like more of a beat-up-his-girlfriend, put-a-gun-to-her-head, police-standoff, suicide-by-cop, type guy.

Prison time may be aiming a little high for poor Titus.

Stay classy

And hes not having a good day in the news:

http://deadspin.com/...store-496122722

"Living in The Detroit suburbs and working for AT&T I would regularly get Lions players in my store. One of particular note was Titus Young. One night he came up after we had closed and started banging on the door. We couldn't unlock the doors because of policy, but he proceeded to hold up his driver's license to the window and say, "Do you know who I am?? I'm Titus Young". We ignored him.

The next day he came back during business hours and started yelling that we wouldn't let him in. He also demanded everything in the store should have been given to him for free. He had his sister with him who seemed like his assistant at the time. She was extremely professional and nice, almost like a parent trying to keep their child in line. After his sister took over dealing with us, Titus fell asleep on the bench and started snoring extremely loud in front of the other customers and employees."

Photo after the link... but i am going to say again, theres a good chance theres some undiagnosed mental illness and his stubborn self wont ever go in for treatment until a court orders it (which will be too late).

No doubt it's CTE.....

So sad...

What so many of us would give to have the god given talent and ability he has. You can not help but feel bad for someone like this. Think about it, if he was in a healthy mental state there is no way he would act this way. You have to hope he gets help before he seriously injuries himself or someone else.

Forget about football, he is a young man with hopefully his entire life ahead of him.

Wasted potential is one of life's greatest tragedies...

I can see the Jets taking a flier on him..

Sure. Except that at the moment, Young appears to be a lunatic, Geno appears to be a primadonna, Sanchez appears to be confused, and Rex appears to be fired. (If the Jets have a losing season)

It's shame, because Young's talent is undeniable. Guy's got hands, Speed, -elusivity... It's a terrible, terrible, waste of ability, IMO. That said, I see just one organization CRAZYenough to gamble on a loser likeYoung.

Philly.

Yup, I can see Chip Kelly rolling those scummy dice at least once. It may never Happen, but that's right about where a kid as F***ed-up as Young should land.

Quirky coach... Ex-con QB... Up-tempo offense. Seems like as Good a fit as Young is likely to get.

Edited by #34fan

According to a segment on ESPN he is COMPLETELY BROKE and looking for a better deal from another team.

Won't Happen............see ya :nana:

Edited by HOUSE

He is going to be suspended from the NFL no?

There's a chance. DUI is just a drug strike, if (and that's a big if), he has no other failed tests they can't suspend for the DUI. The second arrest can go either way.

Thew kid has talent but is a lunkhead who has his diva attitude blown to enormous proportions. Now he is a multiple arrestee, admited slacker, bad team mate, crappy citizen and over inflated ego. Time for this young man to grow up and get on with his life. I will assume that instead he will be a bitter ex athlete who will blame others for his personal failures. Too bad

So sad...

What so many of us would give to have the god given talent and ability he has. You can not help but feel bad for someone like this. Think about it, if he was in a healthy mental state there is no way he would act this way. You have to hope he gets help before he seriously injuries himself or someone else.

Forget about football, he is a young man with hopefully his entire life ahead of him.

Wasted potential is one of life's greatest tragedies...

really??? You really feel sorry for this POS? Your really going to make it sound like he was some troubled child that had problems and is mentally not right?

How bout he's just a POS criminal? Sometimes people are just criminals. As a society, we need to stop making excuses for these pieces of crap.

With the Bills now well set with a WR group to take into camp we do NOT need to consider reaching for this type of talent. As we stood before the Draft it may have been a different story.

But as a Boise State fan I have seen what Titus can do on the field. In his senior year over 1200 receiving yards, 9 TDs and an amazing 17 yards per catch. Over 1000 yards in his junior year with 10 TDs.

I find the recent events very sad. Titus has lost his way in life. Clearly Titus must take responsibility but perhaps the Detroit Lions failed to some degree in providing the man management to get the best out of this incredible talent as a football player and a person.

really??? You really feel sorry for this POS? Your really going to make it sound like he was some troubled child that had problems and is mentally not right?

How bout he's just a POS criminal? Sometimes people are just criminals. As a society, we need to stop making excuses for these pieces of crap.

It raises an interesting point discussion though- is the reason some people are "just thug criminals" because they have brain defects that leave them more prone to those decisions?

Just because he's a pro athlete doesn't mean he's not chemically imbalanced or carrying a personality disorder of some variety

Edited by NoSaint

It raises an interesting point discussion though- is the reason some people are "just thug criminals" because they have brain defects that leave them more prone to those decisions?

Just because he's a pro athlete doesn't mean he's not chemically imbalanced or carrying a personality disorder of some variety

i get that point. I completely understand that anyone may become this way because they were brought up poorly.

But at the end of the day, we can't sit there and feel sorry for these people. As a society we are making excuses for this type of behavior. It's a load of crap. Plenty of kids in the inner cities have grown up with single parents, or no parents at all due to drugs, alcohol and gang activity and they succeed. Sure it could be that no one guided them as a child, but most of these kids go to school. They learn whats right and what's wrong in school. It's not hard to figure out that robbing someone, killing someone, raping someone is bad.

So again, I understand the argument, but as a person that has followed the law(for the most part) of both man and above, I find it disgusting that others make excuses for these people. But then again, it might be because of where I work and the things I see in a daily basis. The stories I hear. The things I know people have done.

Edited by mrags

This is what happens when you have no rules or limits during your childhood. It's almost like he's living in his own fantasy world where he feels he can do whatever he likes. Sadly enough, this was probably true for the first 18 years of his life. As a result, he has an obvious personality disorder. Stick a fork in him, his NFL career is done.

i get that point. I completely understand that anyone may become this way because they were brought up poorly.

But at the end of the day, we can't sit there and feel sorry for these people. As a society we are making excuses for this type of behavior. It's a load of crap. Plenty of kids in the inner cities have grown up with single parents, or no parents at all due to drugs, alcohol and gang activity and they succeed. Sure it could be that no one guided them as a child, but most of these kids go to school. They learn whats right and what's wrong in school. It's not hard to figure out that robbing someone, killing someone, raping someone is bad.

So again, I understand the argument, but as a person that has followed the law(for the most part) of both man and above, I find it disgusting that others make excuses for these people. But then again, it might be because of where I work and the things I see in a daily basis. The stories I hear. The things I know people have done.

NoSaint was talking about brain defects and chemical imbalances, not the conditions in which a person is raised.

If that's the case, (and that's a big IF) the onus is on HIM to go and get help. Many people do. In the meantime, he's a criminal.

NoSaint was talking about brain defects and chemical imbalances, not the conditions in which a person is raised.

The conditions he grew up in could also be the cause but it could be a whole host of things. Plenty of people are born with defects, and its not impossible for them the run fast and catch well... And because of that have their problems ignored.

I'm not saying that's the case here, we simply don't know.... But I think just like the system creates divas, imagine what someone that was predisposed could become in that type of environment.... I dunno... Just thinking outloud.

We don't know anything about titus beyond that he's showing behavior that could be a result of a variety of different causes. Could just be a jerk too.

If that's the case, (and that's a big IF) the onus is on HIM to go and get help. Many people do. In the meantime, he's a criminal.

I understand, and wasnt excusing the behavior. Just pointing out it may be beyond his control too. Doesn't mean he gets a free pass. Sadly a lot of times people that need help don't get it until they've done something awful. That's worst case scenario and it wouldn't shock me if we see it play out here.

Maybe he was exposed to lead as a child, maybe the frontal lobe of his brain doesn't function properly, who knows. In the end it doesn't matter. The result is that is currently not serviceable as a WR in the league.

I am in complete disbelief of people that completely waste their God-given abilities. And then there are people like Titus Young. This guy was given fantastic physical abilities, a brain the size of a peanut and an ego too big to realize either. What a moron. Lock him up and let this be the last that the public ever hears of this complete waste of talent.

Wow. This happened in my neck of the woods. Everyone knows not to play games with Orange County Sherrifs. -Everyone.

Titus is VERY lucky he wasn't shot a couple of times. -Next time they won't hesitate.

This is a (former) NFL receiver and he couldn't outrun the cops? That's just lame and for that alone should not get a chance in the NFL.

As mentioned about, it's amazing how fast someone can destroy their career. I know his behavior didn't form overnight, but when it rains it pours!

I don't think he'll ever get another chance after this. I started to feel sad for the kid but really I'm glad for the hard working young man that is putting the time in that's going to get his roster spot wherever that is.