Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Parker is about as reliable a wet paper bag. He lives off controversy, I highly doubt this guy has done enough in the offseason, when players don't have to be at the facility, to be cut within ten days of being claimed off waivers

if hes on a zero strike situation, blowing off an intro meeting with a coach, missing a training session or physical, or just generally rubbing someone the wrong way could be enough.

heck, he could have told the rams he didnt want to be claimed by them.

we will see. rob parker isnt great, but the refusal of comment from the rams does seem to indicate something may be up.

Edited by NoSaint

i wouldnt be 100% confident.

its one thing to be a legal or publicity headache - its another to be an on field problem. this is his second team to boot him if you include college. the rumors of him lining up wherever he wanted after play calls is the type of thing that can get a guy black balled real quickly. especially one with a lot of other baggage.

I agree - this is a League, in many senses of the word. The NFL and collusion are often synonymous.

if hes on a zero strike situation, blowing off an intro meeting with a coach, missing a training session or physical, or just generally rubbing someone the wrong way could be enough.

heck, he could have told the rams he didnt want to be claimed by them.

we will see. rob parker isnt great, but the refusal of comment from the rams does seem to indicate something may be up.

Or that it is ridiculous

Or that it is ridiculous

like i said, rob parker is far from gospel, FAR FROM gospel, but i think you are understating how dumb young is and how easily he could run himself off the team at this point.

this is a guy that thought he was the number 1 receiver in detroit and is better than Calvin Johnson. Coaches give him a call and tell him their plans and he says screw that - and hes on the street real quickly potentially.

Wow

Get R done!

id throw out the obvious guesses that he either blew off some meetings (either entirely or just didnt take them serious) or he felt he shouldnt have to earn his spot (given he thinks hes the best receiver in the league).

in total seriousness, if youve followed his saga, id say its more likely than not that he has serious psych issues that need diagnosing. it isnt just run of the mill diva athlete stuff.

I hope we pass on him talk about a prima donna !! Just ask him how good he is and you'll be in for a long drawn out explanation of just how good he thinks he is ...

I hope he's out of the NFL for a while that just might humble his brash ALL ABOUT ME attitude !!

He makes T.O. look like a choir boy !!

what i think everyone forgets is that he is a 24 yr old kid why not take a chance? maybe he will grow up. If noy......you cut him. We need 90 guys for camp and at this point why not?

id throw out the obvious guesses that he either blew off some meetings (either entirely or just didnt take them serious) or he felt he shouldnt have to earn his spot (given he thinks hes the best receiver in the league).

in total seriousness, if youve followed his saga, id say its more likely than not that he has serious psych issues that need diagnosing. it isnt just run of the mill diva athlete stuff.

I would tend to agree this is more than the typical diva stuff. Narcissistic personality disorder or something related to it. He def. needs to get help, otherwise he will be wasting a ton of talent and loosing millions of dollars.

what i think everyone forgets is that he is a 24 yr old kid why not take a chance? maybe he will grow up. If noy......you cut him. We need 90 guys for camp and at this point why not?

because the last team to do that just cut him after ten days, not two weeks after the team before cut him, after he slid to them in the draft because he was suspended from his college team, and of course because he had issues in high school as well.... so theres that.

Bradford beat buffalo..........he unlike #14 has an arm and led a comeback.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...let me catch my breath......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Seriously, did you see that game? If George "buh bye" Wilson catches one of the 2 passes Bradford threw to him the Rams lose. If that game was the pinnacle of Bradford's career that is really sad.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

because the last team to do that just cut him after ten days, not two weeks after the team before cut him, after he slid to them in the draft because he was suspended from his college team, and of course because he had issues in high school as well.... so theres that.

or maybe that isn't that.....he could possibly change. Maybe he won't but how much of a waste is it really to sign him and see what happens? If he acts up you cut him simple as that

Didn't take Fisher long to figure out just what the Lions already knew about this guy !

If Fisher can't handle him the only place left that i can see him going to & the owner that would have taken him in a second is now passed is the Raiders .

Al seemed to love guys like this jack ass .

I think this could be a statement made by Jeff Fisher that could put this guy in the CFL or the arena league for the rest of his career !! So much for that HOF thing a Titus :nana: !!!

or maybe that isn't that.....he could possibly change. Maybe he won't but how much of a waste is it really to sign him and see what happens? If he acts up you cut him simple as that

I have a friend who is a con man. This post sounds like the wishful thinking of every girlfriend he's ever had.

other than that hes a good guy

Didn't take Fisher long to figure out just what the Lions already knew about this guy !

If Fisher can't handle him the only place left that i can see him going to & the owner that would have taken him in a second is now passed is the Raiders .

Yes, Fisher has successfully taken on reclamation projects before, most recently Janoris Jenkins last year.

Regardless of him cutting Titus Young again, as I mentioned upthread, there was zero cost to the Rams for taking a look-see.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...let me catch my breath......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Seriously, did you see that game? If George "buh bye" Wilson catches one of the 2 passes Bradford threw to him the Rams lose. If that game was the pinnacle of Bradford's career that is really sad.

PTR

Ha ha ha ha indeed just another game your hero zeroed out in . Bradford over Fitz all day in the real world.

But back to Titus. Huge no. Guy sounds like your run of the mill cocky hood rat who's better than everyone (in his head)and doesn't listen to authority at all.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

My understanding is that if someone claims him they take over the contract, if no one claims him, the team that waived him is responsible for his contract

Well his signing bonus is the responsibility of the Lions and he never played a down for the Rams.

Aside from reporting bonuses, roster bonuses, and workout bonuses, can a player get money if he is never an active player for a team?

Well his signing bonus is the responsibility of the Lions and he never played a down for the Rams.

Aside from reporting bonuses, roster bonuses, and workout bonuses, can a player get money if he is never an active player for a team?

If he had any guaranteed dollars down the line, that'd be the rams now I believe.. Being a mid round pick I'd assume it unlikely.

Exactly how many scumbags, criminals, draft busts and other assorted losers should the Bills invite to camp and 'take a chance' on? People here want to have Jamarcus !@#$ing Russell in camp for God's sake!! Where does it end?

These are not guys you build a winner with. End of story.

If he's waived, all guaranteed money gets wiped-out and the player just gets his base salaries plus incentives. The Lions get hit with a cap charge but the Rams get hit with nothing. Unless he was scheduled to receive some bonus within the past 10 days that they had him.

BTW, anyone follow this chucklehead on twitter? Is he still claiming to be a future HOF'er? :rolleyes:

I have a friend who is a con man. This post sounds like the wishful thinking of every girlfriend he's ever had.

ok then smarty.......tell me what he could have possibly done in 10 days that was bad enough to drop him? Other than simply tell them that he doesn't want to be there? I have a feeling it wouldn't be the first time a player has done that to get off a team they didn't want to play for

Exactly how many scumbags, criminals, draft busts and other assorted losers should the Bills invite to camp and 'take a chance' on? People here want to have Jamarcus !@#$ing Russell in camp for God's sake!! Where does it end?

These are not guys you build a winner with. End of story.

so lets forget about football talent and athletism all together! Take no chances on any guy with character issues at all and build the team around nice guys...........................................that has worked out well hasn't it?

Major scumbags yes stay away! But has he done anything where he should be sitting in jail for the rest of his life? no! Is he immature and a little of a premadonna? Yup! But like I said he is a kid still. Maybe he will grow up or maybe not

ok then smarty.......tell me what he could have possibly done in 10 days that was bad enough to drop him? Other than simply tell them that he doesn't want to be there? I have a feeling it wouldn't be the first time a player has done that to get off a team they didn't want to play for

I hope he finds a team he wants to play for in the CFL.

so lets forget about football talent and athletism all together! Take no chances on any guy with character issues at all and build the team around nice guys...........................................that has worked out well hasn't it?

Major scumbags yes stay away! But has he done anything where he should be sitting in jail for the rest of his life? no! Is he immature and a little of a premadonna? Yup! But like I said he is a kid still. Maybe he will grow up or maybe not

Have to agree to disagree. There are immature kids that grow up and there are people with serious psychological problems that need diagnosis and treatment or they will get worse.

All signs point towards him being in the latter category.

Also, I'd argue of this was not the case he would realize he is not in a position to be anything but grateful for another chance.

Have to agree to disagree. There are immature kids that grow up and there are people with serious psychological problems that need diagnosis and treatment or they will get worse.

All signs point towards him being in the latter category.

Also, I'd argue of this was not the case he would realize he is not in a position to be anything but grateful for another chance.

Well in a perfect world......some team takes the time to realize maybe it is psychological, signs him, and gets him help...................then the world bitches and moans because their team didn't get him. I hate to watch anyone with such talent waste it because they were too stubborn to get help

Well in a perfect world......some team takes the time to realize maybe it is psychological, signs him, and gets him help...................then the world bitches and moans because their team didn't get him. I hate to watch anyone with such talent waste it because they were too stubborn to get help

According to those around him, he's turned help from former coaches/mentors the last few months and thinks everyone else is the problem. Until that changes your only wasting time.

I wanted the Bills to do what Jeff Fisher did.

Now that the Rams have released him, I'm pretty sure the kid needs to get his act straightened out.

Typically that means that he has to acknowledge that there is a problem.

Reading between the lines, he still doesn't think he has a problem.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

I wanted the Bills to do what Jeff Fisher did.

Now that the Rams have released him, I'm pretty sure the kid needs to get his act straightened out.

Typically that means that he has to acknowledge that there is a problem.

Reading between the lines, he still doesn't think he has a problem.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

That's what worried me on his original release when he was still tweeting about being a hall of famer, and his high school coach shared some stories about reaching out to him over the holidays before the rams experiment..... There seemed to be no sign of remorse or regret over how things played out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...