Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

This is interesting.

I remember people here saying that there's no way they'd want Big Ben on the Bills in the immediate wake of his sexual escapades amidst rumors that the Rooneys were fed up and were thinking of releasing him.

I think one really has to remove the emotion from the equation.

This is the way I see it (and I don't know what happened to him in college so my mind isn't set):

1) Second rounder, 44th overall, talented player.

2) Rookie contract, will be cheap.

3) Bills are VERY thin at wide receiver.

So why not put in a waiver claim, bring him in for an interview and work him out?

If you don't like any aspect of the visit, cut his ass.

If you and your group of decision makers is convinced that this guy has sincerely received his wake-up call, then bring him to camp and let him work to redeem himself.

Is it necessary for the entire world to punish him for his misdeeds in Detroit?

Yeah, it's kinda is necessary. For the kid. Let him sit. Find Jesus, Tony Dungy, Chris Carter or something. He needs a shift in his point of view and it's not going to come with underserved 2nd (3rd, 4th) chances.

Edited by JPS

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero problem bringing in an !@#$ or problem child as long as he's brought in at minimum wage and then has to earn a job.

Considering Titus' behavior, any team that does differently is incompetent and deserves exactly what they get.

I have zero problem bringing in an !@#$ or problem child as long as he's brought in at minimum wage and then has to earn a job.

Considering Titus' behavior, any team that does differently is incompetent and deserves exactly what they get.

Earlier in the post it said he gets paid whatever his deal says. He's a waiver pick up, not a free agent.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6533/titus-young

So according to Rotoworld he gets $750K in 2013 and $850K (round numbers) in 2014. It also says they think no one will touch him in waivers, waiting for him to clear and stay out of trouble in the off season.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

In the department of leaving no stone unturned, I do not see why OBD would not at least take a look at the kid. See if they can find out all the facts, talk to him etc. If he has any interest at all in playing in the NFL, you would think he would be on his best behavior. We all know that some other team -- whether it is the Bills or whomever -- is going to take a chance on him. If he becomes a problem for that team and is sent packing, his career is over. Even if he is too dumb/arrogant to understand that, I am sure his agent will make that fact very clear to him.

In the department of leaving no stone unturned, I do not see why OBD would not at least take a look at the kid. See if they can find out all the facts, talk to him etc. If he has any interest at all in playing in the NFL, you would think he would be on his best behavior. We all know that some other team -- whether it is the Bills or whomever -- is going to take a chance on him. If he becomes a problem for that team and is sent packing, his career is over. Even if he is too dumb/arrogant to understand that, I am sure his agent will make that fact very clear to him.

He still isn't on his best behavior. He's been a mess as recently as the last couple weeks. He declared himself better than Calvin Johnson during the playoffs and you think he will be happy with teams "kicking the tires?" He's a diva and has been for a long time - it's shown no sign of stopping, and in fact may be escalating

Yeah I made an idiotic statement on here yesterday that we maybe should take a look at him, after looking into the way he conducts himself as a professional and as a person I take all that **** back. He's a hot mess to say the least.

This is interesting.

I remember people here saying that there's no way they'd want Big Ben on the Bills in the immediate wake of his sexual escapades amidst rumors that the Rooneys were fed up and were thinking of releasing him.

I think one really has to remove the emotion from the equation.

This is the way I see it (and I don't know what happened to him in college so my mind isn't set):

1) Second rounder, 44th overall, talented player.

2) Rookie contract, will be cheap.

3) Bills are VERY thin at wide receiver.

So why not put in a waiver claim, bring him in for an interview and work him out?

If you don't like any aspect of the visit, cut his ass.

If you and your group of decision makers is convinced that this guy has sincerely received his wake-up call, then bring him to camp and let him work to redeem himself.

Is it necessary for the entire world to punish him for his misdeeds in Detroit?

1. Big Ben is a completely different situation. The aversion to him had nothing to do with on-field performance. People didn't want him because they like to cheer for their team, and even if the players really are !@#$s, it's nice to think they're not. It kind of ruins the fun when your team's icon is a complete scum bag. But with this Young kid you get the best of both worlds. He's a problem both off and on the field - and he's a problem in the locker room. He hit the problem child trifecta.

2. It has nothing to do with punishing him. It has to do with not creating another problem for your team. It's not like he made a mistake or just had some maturity issues - that you can deal with. Rather, he's had a long and consistent history of causing problems everywhere he's been. It's who he is, and a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Sure, if he doesn't work out you can cut him, but why waste valuable time and resources on someone who's almost certain to make you regret dealing with him in the first place?

1. Big Ben is a completely different situation. The aversion to him had nothing to do with on-field performance. People didn't want him because they like to cheer for their team, and even if the players really are !@#$s, it's nice to think they're not. It kind of ruins the fun when your team's icon is a complete scum bag. But with this Young kid you get the best of both worlds. He's a problem both off and on the field - and he's a problem in the locker room. He hit the problem child trifecta.

2. It has nothing to do with punishing him. It has to do with not creating another problem for your team. It's not like he made a mistake or just had some maturity issues - that you can deal with. Rather, he's had a long and consistent history of causing problems everywhere he's been. It's who he is, and a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Sure, if he doesn't work out you can cut him, but why waste valuable time and resources on someone who's almost certain to make you regret dealing with him in the first place?

This is the part the "what's the harm" crowd misses with every ridiculous suggestion to bring in some bust or problem child. A coaching staff only has so much bandwidth for player evaluation. You aren't going to uncover the next Russell Wilson in camp if he's sitting on the bench because you brought in Tebow, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell and six other losers 'just to kick the tires'.

This is the part the "what's the harm" crowd misses with every ridiculous suggestion to bring in some bust or problem child. A coaching staff only has so much bandwidth for player evaluation. You aren't going to uncover the next Russell Wilson in camp if he's sitting on the bench because you brought in Tebow, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell and six other losers 'just to kick the tires'.

that, and titus young has a history of assaulting teammates, which is never good.

Wait...So are you saying we shouldn't draft 6 QBs this year? B/c I heard that was the way to go.

Earlier in the post it said he gets paid whatever his deal says. He's a waiver pick up, not a free agent.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6533/titus-young

So according to Rotoworld he gets $750K in 2013 and $850K (round numbers) in 2014. It also says they think no one will touch him in waivers, waiting for him to clear and stay out of trouble in the off season.

PTR

Waivers are only good for 48 or 72 hours. If hr clears waivers he is a free agent and his contract is null and void. So, once he clears waiver, pay him minimum wage and give him a $25 gift card to Mighty Taco as a signing bonus. Make him earn every penny of that minimum wage contract.

How this is likely going to play out is that some team is gonna pick him up. Then at some point before the season is half over he is gonna piss the HC off and get kicked to the curb. Then at some point he's going to have an encounter with the wrong cop at the wrong time in the wrong place and get his azz taised and the snot and feces beaten out of him, and likely spend some time in the slammer. If he's still stupid after that, he can't be fixed.

Waivers are only good for 48 or 72 hours. If hr clears waivers he is a free agent and his contract is null and void. So, once he clears waiver, pay him minimum wage and give him a $25 gift card to Mighty Taco as a signing bonus. Make him earn every penny of that minimum wage contract.

How this is likely going to play out is that some team is gonna pick him up. Then at some point before the season is half over he is gonna piss the HC off and get kicked to the curb. Then at some point he's going to have an encounter with the wrong cop at the wrong time in the wrong place and get his azz taised and the snot and feces beaten out of him, and likely spend some time in the slammer. If he's still stupid after that, he can't be fixed.

waivers this time of year stretch like a week or two i believe. itll be mid february at the earliest from what i believe i heard.

The Bills have a first year head coach. the last thing he needs is a player that could cause him problems in the locker room.

he SHOULD go to a team like N.E. N.E. has a strong HC, good locker room and a QB that would not put up with a second of his antics.

That said i doubt NE picks him up. If they do it would come after BB and Brady have both sat down with him.

Over inflated ego, thinking the is a future Hall of Famer and all the other rot is the sign of an immature individual. NFL is populated by men with diva attitudes. He committed the great football "sin" by openly admitting to lining up in the wrong place on purpose. He has a history of being in trouble with his own team mates. Take a flyer if you have veterans who can influence him by leading by example. Right now, I am not sure the Bills are that team. He has a lot of talent and can be productive. It all depends if he can control his emotions and mature mentally. This is a young man in need of a mentor.

No way Marrone comes near this guy. He's the biggest head-case I've ever seen. Being a pain to your team and fans by your antics is one thing, intentionally lining up in the wrong place, etc. and hurting the team on the field is inexcusable. Can't take a player like that.

hes a grade A idiot...............living the dream of being in the NFL and he had to mess it up by "keeping it real".................he's a dumb hoodrat who deserves to be broke and out of the league by his own undoing IMO.

Titus hasn't done anything and wants the world to treat him like he's Calvin Johnson (who go figure never has any issues and doesn't ask for accolades)

I agree. This isn't a one-time problem, or a guy like TO whose antics don't really hurt the team (and who most teammates liked). He's good, but I'd rather bring in an old vet like TO over this guy.

I was wrong. He's a Ram.

pac man, haynesworth, britt, jenkins, heck gregg williams.... young seems like he could be a jeff fisher guy. hell, the lions were built by jeff fisher guys too.

no one ever mentions fisher as a guy that takes head cases for some reason, even though hes had some of the worst in the nfl pass through his locker rooms.

Edited by NoSaint

pac man, haynesworth, britt, jenkins, heck gregg williams.... young seems like he could be a jeff fisher guy. hell, the lions were built by jeff fisher guys too.

no one ever mentions fisher as a guy that takes head cases for some reason, even though hes had some of the worst in the nfl pass through his locker rooms.

Yep.

Got a good rookie season out of Janoris Jenkins.