Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will put in a claim for him, but he wont last long if he contiues those antics

i wouldnt be 100% confident.

its one thing to be a legal or publicity headache - its another to be an on field problem. this is his second team to boot him if you include college. the rumors of him lining up wherever he wanted after play calls is the type of thing that can get a guy black balled real quickly. especially one with a lot of other baggage.

I hope we pass on him talk about a prima donna !! Just ask him how good he is and you'll be in for a long drawn out explanation of just how good he thinks he is ...

I hope he's out of the NFL for a while that just might humble his brash ALL ABOUT ME attitude !!

He makes T.O. look like a choir boy !!

Edited by T master

i wouldnt be 100% confident.

its one thing to be a legal or publicity headache - its another to be an on field problem. this is his second team to boot him if you include college. the rumors of him lining up wherever he wanted after play calls is the type of thing that can get a guy black balled real quickly. especially one with a lot of other baggage.

That's what I was thinking. If the story is true about him screwing over his team in a tight OT game when they desperately needed a win, and he's !@#$ing around like a spoiled child who didn't get his way, I can't imagine any GM worth his salt even giving this guy a glance.

He is young. Hopefully this experience taught him a little something about what it takes to be a productive member of an NFL team. That said, he would be an incredible pickup if we could snag him. Add in one of the other FAs or a good draft pick, and our WRs could be on the other side of respectable next year.

He is young. Hopefully this experience taught him a little something about what it takes to be a productive member of an NFL team. That said, he would be an incredible pickup if we could snag him. Add in one of the other FAs or a good draft pick, and our WRs could be on the other side of respectable next year.

You mean like when he was kicked off his college team?

You mean like when he was kicked off his college team?

Lol really did.

So some of you are saying that coach Marrone cant handle a kid like this ?

Bring him in asap. Beat some sense into him. If that doesn't take hold, dump him pre season and let him hang himself and his nfl career he just pissed away.

Not much to lose for us but effort and some time on a flier. That has skills.

To be fair, there are some significant monetary implications to keeping this behavior up. I'm not saying to just bring him in regardless. You talk to the guy, get a read on him, and write up a contract with an easy out just in case you need to dump him.

I like having players that are good guys, but talent is talent. If he isn't a clear detriment (he could be - I'm not saying either way) he can help. A lot of good teams have less-than-stellar persons on them.

Someone will take a flier on him, especially with 2 more years on the contract at minimal cost. You can bring him in, and if he doesn't shape up, cut him at the end of camp.

Sounds like the other Young, Vince.

Yeah, like Vince Young and many others like him learned anything. It's not like shaping pottery.

To be fair, there are some significant monetary implications to keeping this behavior up. I'm not saying to just bring him in regardless. You talk to the guy, get a read on him, and write up a contract with an easy out just in case you need to dump him.

I like having players that are good guys, but talent is talent. If he isn't a clear detriment (he could be - I'm not saying either way) he can help. A lot of good teams have less-than-stellar persons on them.

Actually, if you claim him off waivers, you acquire his current contract. He's still on his rookie deal, so you'd be getting him for 2 years more and a total of slightly over 1 mil. Contract isn't the issue.

the key question for any team that picks him up is can you make a determination that he will 'straighten out' before the final cutdown date. bc if you make a committment to carry him on the final roster you are going to have to release some other player you could have kept. roster spots are critical, especially for a new coach trying to add talent to a team that has underperformed. that one roster spot could have been some other young prospect without that kind of very hazardous baggage. come along game two or six or ten you could easily find yourself with this guy making trouble for you and the guy that could have helped you is already on somebody elses roster

frankly his sins are so severe that i personally wouldnt think that is a good enough risk and would pass

First I wouldn't put a claim in on this guy but maybe just maybe some of this is the Lion's staff fault. The whole staff was a mess. Maybe the culture of the Lions is horrible and that in a better organization this guy could do well. Probably not worth the risk but as has been pointed out he would come cheap.

I can't believe even 1 person on this board suggested picking this POS up. Amazing.

He could show up to his first practice drunk and slap marrone and we'd have people arguing he could grow up before cut day and he deserves a chance.

First I wouldn't put a claim in on this guy but maybe just maybe some of this is the Lion's staff fault. The whole staff was a mess. Maybe the culture of the Lions is horrible and that in a better organization this guy could do well. Probably not worth the risk but as has been pointed out he would come cheap.

He had issues in HS, his HS coach reached out to try and talk to him about being humble a few weeks ago and Titus said screw that I'm better than Calvin Johnson

He was booted from his college team.

He's been sent home 3 times from the lions in 8 months.

He's fought teammates on the lions, and in his younger years.

He's been a cancer everywhere he has been, and still hasn't seen the light if he's playing the games he has been on twitter the last few weeks.

I can't believe even 1 person on this board suggested picking this POS up. Amazing.

This is interesting.

I remember people here saying that there's no way they'd want Big Ben on the Bills in the immediate wake of his sexual escapades amidst rumors that the Rooneys were fed up and were thinking of releasing him.

I think one really has to remove the emotion from the equation.

This is the way I see it (and I don't know what happened to him in college so my mind isn't set):

1) Second rounder, 44th overall, talented player.

2) Rookie contract, will be cheap.

3) Bills are VERY thin at wide receiver.

So why not put in a waiver claim, bring him in for an interview and work him out?

If you don't like any aspect of the visit, cut his ass.

If you and your group of decision makers is convinced that this guy has sincerely received his wake-up call, then bring him to camp and let him work to redeem himself.

Is it necessary for the entire world to punish him for his misdeeds in Detroit?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

This is interesting.

I remember people here saying that there's no way they'd want Big Ben on the Bills in the immediate wake of his sexual escapades amidst rumors that the Rooneys were fed up and were thinking of releasing him.

I think one really has to remove the emotion from the equation.

This is the way I see it (and I don't know what happened to him in college so my mind isn't set):

1) Second rounder, 44th overall, talented player.

2) Rookie contract, will be cheap.

3) Bills are VERY thin at wide receiver.

So why not put in a waiver claim, bring him in for an interview and work him out?

If you don't like any aspect of the visit, cut his ass.

If you and your group of decision makers is convinced that this guy has sincerely received his wake-up call, then bring him to camp and let him work to redeem himself.

Is it necessary for the entire world to punish him for his misdeeds in Detroit?

and in college and in HS...