Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

Ok so draft 2013, should really be the year that the Bills draft a QB with their first pick of the first round.

However if for some reason the draft doesn't work that they need to get their defensive QB of the future.

This kid looks special, he is a leader, he plays hard, he won't allow slackers on his team. He seems like he could make everyone on the team better.

I've been watching all season after this game for me its official the dude has NFL stud written all over him.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Eifert, but T'eo's a pretty good player, just don't think he's a difference maker. Think he's a 2nd round pick to be honest, but that's not a knock on T'eo. You need guys like him, solid no nonsense football player.

Ok so draft 2013, should really be the year that the Bills draft a QB with their first pick of the first round.

However if for some reason the draft doesn't work that they need to get their defensive QB of the future.

This kid looks special, he is a leader, he plays hard, he won't allow slackers on his team. He seems like he could make everyone on the team better.

I've been watching all season after this game for me its official the dude has NFL stud written all over him.

exactly and hopefully Tyler bray doesn't "play too good" and we can get him in the second.

Why would Tyler Bray come out this year and go in the 2nd or 3rd?

IF he comes out...I don't think he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd...Meaning he'll come out if he gets a 1st Round Grade from the Advisory Board... B-)

I think it's important to remember that QB's are going to continue to be over-drafted due to the Rookie Salary scale...

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'd rather have Eifert, but T'eo's a pretty good player, just don't think he's a difference maker. Think he's a 2nd round pick to be honest, but that's not a knock on T'eo. You need guys like him, solid no nonsense football player.

I'm pretty sure Te'O is a concensus Top 20 pick and may play himself into first LB of the board.

Eifert is nice but I'm pretty high on the 6'7" Chandler. Unless the Bills plan to run a two TE offense like Pats and Eifert is the Herndez TE I'm not sure what Eifert gives you.

I'm pretty sure Te'O is a concensus Top 20 pick and may play himself into first LB of the board.

Eifert is nice but I'm pretty high on the 6'7" Chandler. Unless the Bills plan to run a two TE offense like Pats and Eifert is the Herndez TE I'm not sure what Eifert gives you.

I'd like to see either of those two in a Bills uniform, but it doesn't matter since the Bills braintrust never drafts anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

I'm no QB guru, but I've seen some tape of Tyler Bray against top competition, and no doubt he's got a great arm, but the accuracy seemed badly lacking.

That's why he needs to stay, I've seen games were he was deadly accurate (NC State) and others were it sailed (Georgia) but he has got all the Tools to be a great pro, just needs a little more seasoning.

IF he comes out...I don't think he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd...Meaning he'll come out if he gets a 1st Round Grade from the Advisory Board... B-)

I think it's important to remember that QB's are going to continue to be over-drafted due to the Rookie Salary scale...

Osweiler came out, you never know with theses kids.

I'm not sure what a draft board in October has to do with where he's drafted, or if he's actually a top 20 player. Jimmy Clausen was a 1st round lock to many, how'd that go?

I'll say this, Manti Te'o can't hold Lavonte David's jock and he went in the 2nd round, I have other comps but why get into it. I think he's a 2nd day pick, that's not a bad thing, plenty of good players go in the second or even third.

Edited by bouds

I'm not sure what a draft board in October has to do with where he's drafted, or if he's actually a top 20 player. Jimmy Clausen was a 1st round lock to many, how'd that go?

I'll say this, Manti Te'o can't hold Lavonte David's jock and he went in the 2nd round, I have other comps but why get into it. I think he's a 2nd day pick, that's not a bad thing, plenty of good players go in the second or even third.

Jimmy Claussen was never a concensus 1st round pick.

Lavonte David is a good LB and has had a great start for the Bucs.

He has a leader for Nebraska.

You're welcome to your opinion but Te'O without a doubt looks like a better prospect to me.

What a ridiculous post. WTF does Clausen have to do with T'eo?

You don't have a clue if you can't see T'eo's value.

• 4 weeks later...

I know we have a lot of needs (QB, CB, etc) but I don't think there will be anyone worthwhile available at those positions and I think we need to take a good hard look at Manti Te'o with our first pick. The guy is a winner. I think he's going to be the next Ray Lewis. He's not just a good ILB but he knows what it takes to make the guys around him better. We don't have anybody with that kind of passion on our defense. Barnett was good last year in the 4-3 but this year I haven't heard his name called too often and he's getting old. Let's get a young exciting player in there that will take on the ball carrier in the hole and lay him out. And he has the intangibles to make him much more valuable to a defense like ours that seems lost and looking for some direction. We need his leadership and his fire and his excitement. I think he could be the spark we are looking for

I know we have a lot of needs (QB, CB, etc) but I don't think there will be anyone worthwhile available at those positions and I think we need to take a good hard look at Manti Te'o with our first pick. The guy is a winner. I think he's going to be the next Ray Lewis. He's not just a good ILB but he knows what it takes to make the guys around him better. We don't have anybody with that kind of passion on our defense. Barnett was good last year in the 4-3 but this year I haven't heard his name called too often and he's getting old. Let's get a young exciting player in there that will take on the ball carrier in the hole and lay him out. And he has the intangibles to make him much more valuable to a defense like ours that seems lost and looking for some direction. We need his leadership and his fire and his excitement. I think he could be the spark we are looking for

I don't disagree at all with you that we need someone with his leadership, fire and excitement. I just think we need a quarterback MORE. We've neglected the position for far too long, and I do believe there are several good QB's, potential franchise changing QB's coming out of the draft.

And don't forget that Darius was a winner at this point prior to his draft, and Stephon was a winner this time last year, and....

those guys were never THE guy. they were just good players on really good teams

I don't disagree at all with you that we need someone with his leadership, fire and excitement. I just think we need a quarterback MORE. We've neglected the position for far too long, and I do believe there are several good QB's, potential franchise changing QB's coming out of the draft.

I agree that we DESPERATELY need a QB. This is a QB driven league. I just don't think anyone available at number 12 or whenever we pick will be that guy that we so desperately need

I 100% agree. No point in taking the 3-4th best QB in this years draft, which is what we are likely to get stuck with, when a game changer like Te'o is available. We can get that 3-4th best QB early in the second round, or trade back into the first.

exactly. would love to get him. if were gunna use a pick on quarterback, it better be one of the top 2 or 3 and as close to a sure thing as you can get. otherwise were set back even more years. im not a fan of the qbs coming out this year either so im worried were gonna screw it up

Well then you had better put in a memo to Nix b/c last year the guy i was hoping for was Kuechly & if Nix & company aren't willing to take a chance & put a trade together to move up the same thing will happen next year that happened this year .

When it comes to our pick the best players will be gone & we will have to take the next best player available . Which i think Gilmore is going to be a good player for us but Kuechly would have been a higher impact player quicker , have you heard the rap on him in Carolina ?? He's is a football player !!

So unless we are willing to take chances in the draft that warrant getting a really good player we must relegate our selves to getting the left overs !!

Can you imagine if we would have jumped 2 years ago & taken The LB that went to Denver & then done the same to get Kuechly ?? We wouldn't be having these talks on how bad our D sucks this year !!!

I 100% agree. No point in taking the 3-4th best QB in this years draft, which is what we are likely to get stuck with, when a game changer like Te'o is available. We can get that 3-4th best QB early in the second round, or trade back into the first.

and you for a minute think Te'o will be there at 11 or112? No chance. With the rookie cap in place, taking a LB at 8 o 9 is an easy decision.

great player at a need position. But the priority is QB. Buddy said it and rightly so. He did say he would trade up this year because they filled enough holes.

I think they are going to pick one and "get after it" . May not be the first round but i think most of us agree to mortgage the farm. Ryan is limiting the game. I love the guy but...

But i feel we actually have many needs still which sucks. Not enough draft picks have turned out for Nix and Whaley. I will not list them. all we should care about is QB. and a Fa WR to catch the ball alongside Stevie.

Offense fixed ?

yep.

those guys were never THE guy. they were just good players on really good teams

I agree that we DESPERATELY need a QB. This is a QB driven league. I just don't think anyone available at number 12 or whenever we pick will be that guy that we so desperately need

And you think Te'O will be available at number 12 of whenever we pick? Doubtful. I'd LOVE to grab him if a good QB isn't on the board, but its a pipe dream unless we only win 1 or 2 more games.

• 1 month later...

There is no doubt the Bills are in desperate need of a capable play maker to hold this defense together. With all the hype and glory Manti Te'o has been receiving from 'experts' across America, I am here to state that I am not 100% convinced on this guy. First, I'll state my 3 point argument. Then I would love for someone to convince me otherwise...Is this guy the real deal? Or a product of an inflated heart-warming story?

1) I love that he is a motivational leader and a competitor. Well, so is Kelvin Sheppard...

2)Te'o has 103 tackles this season through 12 games. And apparently, only missed 2 tackles (very objective and almost impossible to track). Well lets do some math. On average, a college offense runs 65 offensive plays. That is 780 offensive plays against the ND defense this season. Since he made 103 tackles and only 'missed' two tackles, that means he is only around the ball at best 15% of plays (105/708= 13.4% but I'll leave room for error.) A middle line backer should be around the ball more frequently than this. I fear he is often eaten up by guards and once blocked, stays so.

**the true test is when they play 'Bama's o-line**

3) The Irish have undoubtedly had a good season. The problem? Their strength of schedule was moderate at best. Has Te'o proven himself to be the best against the best?

I cannot take away from the amazing job this guy did in the past couple seasons. I'm not here to trash the guy, but to make sure we aren't buying into the media and asking our own questions. The organization needs to do some research before just 'going with the flow'. I personally think it's too early to see if this guy is worth our pick. I'd love to hear others opinions. Most importantly, Go Bills.

There is no doubt the Bills are in desperate need of a capable play maker to hold this defense together. With all the hype and glory Manti Te'o has been receiving from 'experts' across America, I am here to state that I am not 100% convinced on this guy. First, I'll state my 3 point argument. Then I would love for someone to convince me otherwise...Is this guy the real deal? Or a product of an inflated heart-warming story?

1) I love that he is a motivational leader and a competitor. Well, so is Kelvin Sheppard...

2)Te'o has 103 tackles this season through 12 games. And apparently, only missed 2 tackles (very objective and almost impossible to track). Well lets do some math. On average, a college offense runs 65 offensive plays. That is 780 offensive plays against the ND defense this season. Since he made 103 tackles and only 'missed' two tackles, that means he is only around the ball at best 15% of plays (105/708= 13.4% but I'll leave room for error.) A middle line backer should be around the ball more frequently than this. I fear he is often eaten up by guards and once blocked, stays so.

**the true test is when they play 'Bama's o-line**

3) The Irish have undoubtedly had a good season. The problem? Their strength of schedule was moderate at best. Has Te'o proven himself to be the best against the best?

I cannot take away from the amazing job this guy did in the past couple seasons. I'm not here to trash the guy, but to make sure we aren't buying into the media and asking our own questions. The organization needs to do some research before just 'going with the flow'. I personally think it's too early to see if this guy is worth our pick. I'd love to hear others opinions. Most importantly, Go Bills.

1) And so is Ray Lewis. The 'motivation' factor is certainly second to physical achievement, but not to be ignored.

2) The number of tackles plus missed tackles doesn't represent how often a defensive player is "Around the ball". The linebacker position is all about gap assignments when you're not rushing the passer. Oftentimes, getting blocked means doing your job perfectly. Your equation also doesn't account for times he made a play easier for a teammate.

3) Fair enough. But how many GREAT NFL players came from supposedly weak conferences or small schools, with considerably weaker schedules than ND this year? We could spend all day on this.