Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teo is perfect for a 3-4 defense, not us, unfortunately. Unless of course we want to just skip back to the 3-4 as the defense dujour for the next coach on the carousel and make a four or five year plan for rebuilding. Teo doesn't have the physical makeup for a 4-3. I see him going to Pittsburgh.

Um, the consensus is Te'O is a prototypical side line to side line 4-3 MLB that can also play SILB in a 3-4.

I've never heard anyone say he is not a fit for a 4-3.

Where are you getting this information from?

I mean the only knock I hear, is that no one knows how fast he is, so his 40 time in his underwear in Indianapolis is going to get some scrutiny but no one is concerned with his game speed in pads.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Really, a bunch of over ranked Big 10 teams, a USC team that was pitiful, Wake Forest, the miliutary academies (a staple of their weak lineup) and Stanford. Compare that to playing an SEC schedule. ND is a joke.

Please don't let you hatred for ND get in the way of actually seeing what a great player looks like. I forgot though no player outside of teh SEC has ever been good in the NFL.

I forgot Alabama only plays tough teams like Western kentucky, FAU, Western Carolina, Missouri and Auburn

Edited by CountDorkula

That would be dominating SEC teams like Florida and LSU?? Keep up kids, the SEC is usually the powerhouse for sure, but they are looking really bad this Bowl season.

As for Te'O - I'd love him in a Bills uniform - but I don't love the chances that he'll still be there when they pick.

Please don't let you hatred for ND get in the way of actually seeing what a great player looks like. I forgot though no player outside of teh SEC has ever been good in the NFL.

I forgot Alabama only plays tough teams like Western kentucky, FAU, Western Carolina, Missouri and Auburn

OK, coming from a guy who has the Cowboys as a choker avatar. Makes a lot of sense, especially from a Bills message board. Missouri and Auburn are conference teams, nothing about scheduling here. Remember that ND got a lucky call and a missed FG from Pitt and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. ND is irrelevant.

OK, coming from a guy who has the Cowboys as a choker avatar. Makes a lot of sense, especially from a Bills message board. Missouri and Auburn are conference teams, nothing about scheduling here. Remember that ND got a lucky call and a missed FG from Pitt and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. ND is irrelevant.

Not sure what my avatar about the Cowboys has to do with this conversation but carry on.

That would be dominating SEC teams like Florida and LSU?? Keep up kids, the SEC is usually the powerhouse for sure, but they are looking really bad this Bowl season.

As for Te'O - I'd love him in a Bills uniform - but I don't love the chances that he'll still be there when they pick.

Yeah, Georgia looked real bad in carving up Nebraska .....

I can't wait to seeAlabama crush them. Play a real schedule and join a conference. Teo will be a bust.

You know he was the top LB recruit coming out of High School and was likely going to take over for Cushing, Maoluga, and Mathews but went to ND instead.

He could have played at any SEC school, and I'm sure he had offers.

I think your SEC man crush is clouding your vision.

But we get to see first hand on Tuesday.

He carried a very average ND team to the title game.

There isn't anything average about ND's front 7 or Offensive line. Nothing at all.

That game was tied going into the fourth quarter and Georgia gave up almost 250 yards on the ground.

Florida looked like crap. South Carolina had to rally to beat Michigan. MSSU got spanked by a team that hasn't won a bowl in like 70 years. I'm interested to see how A&M plays against Oklahoma.

That's 1...

The SEC is fine - just saying they aren't what they've been, and it's been showing up this winter. Admittedly "really bad" is relative.

Edited by BobChalmers

You know he was the top LB recruit coming out of High School and was likely going to take over for Cushing, Maoluga, and Mathews but went to ND instead.

He could have played at any SEC school, and I'm sure he had offers.

I think your SEC man crush is clouding your vision.

But we get to see first hand on Tuesday.

Shh, he went to ND so obviously no other School wanted him. ND players are neevr any good. Regardless of who wins that game it wont be because Te'o is a bad player.

There isn't anything average about ND's front 7 or Offensive line. Nothing at all.

That game was tied going into the fourth quarter and Georgia gave up almost 250 yards on the ground.

Florida looked like crap. South Carolina had to rally to beat Michigan. MSSU got spanked by a team that hasn't won a bowl in like 70 years. I'm interested to see how A&M plays against Oklahoma.

ND had I want to say 3-4 top recruits on the D line in the past couple year or two. All coveted by SEC schools. Stephon Tuitt(Hybrid DE/DT) and Louis Nix are two of the best DT's in college. Kapron Lewis-Moore is another hybrid DE/DT and can play either position very well.

You're right. I was talking more about the offense but ND does have a very good front 7. Still, Te'O is a flat out special LB. And I definitely think the SEC is as weak as it's been in years. It will be interesting to see if ND's offense can score but I hardly think Bama's average offense will do much against ND's defense unless AJ has the game of his life.

Really, a bunch of over ranked Big 10 teams, a USC team that was pitiful, Wake Forest, the miliutary academies (a staple of their weak lineup) and Stanford. Compare that to playing an SEC schedule. ND is a joke.

You're an idiot. We'll just leave it at that.

Only real teams plays Western Kentucy, Florida Atlantic, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy and Western Carolina. :lol:

Teo is perfect for a 3-4 defense, not us, unfortunately. Unless of course we want to just skip back to the 3-4 as the defense dujour for the next coach on the carousel and make a four or five year plan for rebuilding. Teo doesn't have the physical makeup for a 4-3. I see him going to Pittsburgh.

Uh... wow He's a 4-3 LB, first and foremost. Wow. In fact you could almost say he is perfectly built for the 4-3. I'm in shock. Look Bama's been my favorite team since I was 5 yearsold (until my Son got a college coaching job in No. Carolina) but Te'o is about the only player other than Keenan Allen from Cal and Matt Elam from Florida who I think have no chance at being a bust. none of those 3 may be stars but they will all be in the league for many years. 1. Because Teo's instincts, 2. Allens freakish abilities and hands and 3. Elam is probalby the meanest hitter in years. For any who say Te'o will be a bust, I would really like to know your definition of bust. Not being sarcastic but the guy is going to be playing and starting for a long, long time Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Uh... wow He's a 4-3 LB, first and foremost. Wow. In fact you could almost say he is perfectly built for the 4-3. I'm in shock. Look Bama's been my favorite team since I was 5 yearsold (until my Son got a college coaching job in No. Carolina) but Te'o is about the only player other than Keenan Allen from Cal and Matt Elam from Florida who I think have no chance at being a bust. none of those 3 may be stars but they will all be in the league for many years. 1. Because Teo's instincts, 2. Allens freakish abilities and hands and 3. Elam is probalby the meanest hitter in years. For any who say Te'o will be a bust, I would really like to know your definition of bust. Not being sarcastic but the guy is going to be playing and starting for a long, long time

I don't see how anyone can say Te'O will be a bust. I'm just not convinced he's the second coming of Ray Lewis, either. I agree with you, I think he'll have a long and productive NFL career. Based on what I've seen of him this year, and he's been a great college player, I have not been overwhelmed by his physical dominance, etc. I don't see the 'pop' that I've seen over the years from different college LBs going back 40 years.

But I'd gladly take a Daryl Talley type with all the leadership qualities that entails. He would instantly upgrade our team in many areas.

GO BILLS!!!