Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

His 40 time is irrelevant because he arrived at the combine overweight and out of shape.

Do you have an opinion about T'eo and his prospects for success in the NFL?

Manti Te'O will be the best Linebacker the Bills have had since London Fletcher.

That's my prediction.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manti Te'O will be the best Linebacker the Bills have had since London Fletcher.

That's my prediction.

Hopefully they sign him as a free agent after the Rams elect to pursue other options.

:mellow:

I've been saying for a while now that Te'o was more Rey Maualuga than Ray Lewis...I think tonight we saw exactly that...But let me say this, he should still be a good, productive Pro...Like Maualuga, I think Te'o has a good NFL future...He's just not going to be confused with Patrick Willis any time soon...And I don't think he's a Top 10 pick... B-)

Man this whole draft is starting to look bad, all the QBs are average and there are no sure fire superstars, hopefully we find the few gems out there.

Man this whole draft is starting to look bad, all the QBs are average and there are no sure fire superstars, hopefully we find the few gems out there.

Definitely slimmer pickings than 2011 huh? The top of that Draft was loaded with talent...It does seem to me like the 2013 Draft is going to have some real nice talent at OL in the first few Rounds...I'll tell you what...I don't think The Bills will go O-Line at #8 whatsoever...but if they stay there, they're going to pass on a couple real nice O-Line prospects...

The QB's in this Draft don't lack talent, but most are no where near NFL ready...I think a certain team (like The Bills for example) could start Geno Smith next year and have some success with a strong running game and smart-safe game planning...But a team that starts Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, or any of these other 2013 QB's as a Rookie, better have a hell of a good plan...And a heck of a lot of patience...I'm not overly impressed with the WR's in this Draft either...

There is always a ton of talent in every Draft, but it is tough for me to get too excited about this group so early in the process...Right now, especially considering The Bills primary needs, it looks a lot like meh...To me at least...

We'll see...I'll be giddy again in April like most everyone else... B-)

Definitely slimmer pickings than 2011 huh? The top of that Draft was loaded with talent...It does seem to me like the 2013 Draft is going to have some real nice talent at OL in the first few Rounds...I'll tell you what...I don't think The Bills will go O-Line at #8 whatsoever...but if they stay there, they're going to pass on a couple real nice O-Line prospects...

The QB's in this Draft don't lack talent, but most are no where near NFL ready...I think a certain team (like The Bills for example) could start Geno Smith next year and have some success with a strong running game and smart-safe game planning...But a team that starts Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, or any of these other 2013 QB's as a Rookie, better have a hell of a good plan...And a heck of a lot of patience...I'm not overly impressed with the WR's in this Draft either...

There is always a ton of talent in every Draft, but it is tough for me to get too excited about this group so early in the process...Right now, especially considering The Bills primary needs, it looks a lot like meh...To me at least...

We'll see...I'll be giddy again in April like most everyone else... B-)

Barret Jones would make a great addition to this team.

Also don't like Geno, if we draft him Doug will be gone in 3

I've been saying for a while now that Te'o was more Rey Maualuga than Ray Lewis...I think tonight we saw exactly that...But let me say this, he should still be a good, productive Pro...Like Maualuga, I think Te'o has a good NFL future...He's just not going to be confused with Patrick Willis any time soon...And I don't think he's a Top 10 pick... B-)

Also have been saying it...

The problem is, he has been on a very average Notre Dame defense for 3 years, then this year Notre Dame was good and his stock shot up. I was completely confused with all the hype surronding him. He will certainly become a solid LB, but should haver been considered a #1 overall(what MLB is?).

Kuechly was first LB off the board last year @9. Which means Teo could be there this year when we draft 8 and he's probably not the 1st LB to go either.

Teo looks like a baby out there......haven't watched much ND football but from last night I just don't see it.

Lacy shook him way too easily. Kuechly dont miss tackles. First drafted lb last year

If he drops in the draft as a result of this performance, then it is even more incentive to trade down in the first for a later 1st and an extra 2nd round pick if there are any offers. While he may not be the superstud we all thought, I still think he will develop into a solid, reliable player for years to come and be a real value as a later round one pick.

http://sports.yahoo....338--ncaaf.html

Edited by simpleman

manti teo is getting EXPOSED by alabama.......no way he is going top ten in draft....

Rather than focus on Te'o, I was looking at Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack. That Alabama line dominated ND all night. Te'o never had a chance. It was almost funny how much ND looked like the Bills defense at times. Huge holes. Big yards.

Noting that the Bills do not have a professional LB on their roster, I'd still take Te'o.

Agreed. The most coveted LB prospect looked more like Poz over persuing and out of position 80% of the time.

I was seeing that too - like he looks so much smaller on the field than his listed size too - same with Poz. Poz is a good pro, but he wasn't worth a 1st/2nd rounder, and this level of player doesn't belong in the top half of the first for sure.

The missed tackles were particularly brutal since it's much harder to blame that on the competition.

Teo looks like a baby out there......haven't watched much ND football but from last night I just don't see it.

Lacy shook him way too easily. Kuechly dont miss tackles. First drafted lb last year

I agree kuechly looked like the better physicsl specimen. But Teo may make up with it with somewhat better instincts. I thought he had a better 2nd half so maybe his poor performance had something to do with 1 month layoff. I'm not 100% sold on him but with our needs he has to at least be someone we consider at 8

I don't know much about him outside of the hype..but I'd like to learn about his entire body of work as opposed to one game played after a 4+ week layoff

And his offense helped out by doing nothing all night. That D was on the field the entire first half.

His DL played just as soft as he did, and the Bama OL blew up all the gaps....they looked like a pro unit.

I'd still take him, not at 8 though....he's not as bad as he looked last night....not as good as the hype.

Rather than focus on Te'o, I was looking at Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack. That Alabama line dominated ND all night. Te'o never had a chance. It was almost funny how much ND looked like the Bills defense at times. Huge holes. Big yards.

Noting that the Bills do not have a professional LB on their roster, I'd still take Te'o.

I'll take him too - in the second round - maybe. :mellow:

Jones looked good - and sadly the Bills may need a center/guard.