Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manti Te'O will be the best Linebacker the Bills have had since London Fletcher.

That's my prediction.

Not sure if you saw the game last night. Te'O came up REAL SMALL. We already have a bunch of LBs that misread plays and can't tackle, lets not waste a high draft pick on another one.

Man this whole draft is starting to look bad, all the QBs are average and there are no sure fire superstars, hopefully we find the few gems out there.

at least you and i are in agreement in our sigs! BJOOOOOERN!!!!!

I"d be willing to take a gamble on Jarvis Jones

they are not meaningless...but it should not be held as the standard...4 weeks away from actual game play should never be the end all be all barometer...the 12 games leading up to that bowl game should be....the coaching is what should be commended or blasting..these coaches have 4 weeks to implement special schemes and plays that they don't have the luxury of doing with that kind of precision in the week to week regular season...te'o looked pedestrian at best last night, it may hurt his draft status...but i don't think he needs to be thrown out of the discussion of top prospects...

He was horrible. Missed tackles, consistently took the bait and went in the wrong direction. Clueless player.

(Of course, according to TBD, bowl games are meaningless>>>LOL)

they are not meaningless...but it should not be held as the standard...4 weeks away from actual game play should never be the end all be all barometer...the 12 games leading up to that bowl game should be....the coaching is what should be commended or blasting..these coaches have 4 weeks to implement special schemes and plays that they don't have the luxury of doing with that kind of precision in the week to week regular season...te'o looked pedestrian at best last night, it may hurt his draft status...but i don't think he needs to be thrown out of the discussion of top prospects...

yup, nothing made me happier than seeing hot-head kelly's face turning purple on the sidelines. clown.

Or it could have been the level of talent he played all year, I think if you look at the teams ND faced you will see why he is a bit over hyped, great story and played through a lot of adversity but just does not have the speed and recognition of Jones or Chritian Jones from FSU.

manti teo will be lucky if he stays in first round....

jarvis jones and bjoern werner will be off the board by the 8th pick.....

the best available player still on the board when the bills pick will be Chance Womack (Guard Alabama).....just saying.

i believe the bills will draft a QB here or trade down.

a qb that high in this draft scares me...i just don't see real top 10 draft quality qb's this year...if aaron murray or johnny manzeil were here, yes, but barkley, smith, glennon....i see them as mid-late first round at best...nassib low-mid second round...but again...i don't watch these guys with any regularity so i can only go by my limited knowledge....therefore i will trust those that get paid to know

the best available player still on the board when the bills pick will be Chance Womack (Guard Alabama).....just saying.

And with ND - it's closer to 6 weeks, without a conference championship.

Thanksgiving was the last game.

Mingo, Jones, Moore, Werner, or Milliner. ONE of them will be there when we draft and we better scoop him up.

lol and marrone will be the best bills coach since ggreggg williams?

he was exposed like that sham that is notre dame football.

Clearly Alabama was the better team last night. That in no way diminishes what Notre Dame did this year. They beat five team ranked in the pre-season top 25. They deserved to be there and just got beat by a better team last night. Manti Te'o obviously did not have his best game last night, but there are reasons for that. My guess, and it's only a guess based on what I've seen of him, is that he will be a very good NFL linebacker for many years. I understand that haters gotta hate, so hate on. It has no effect on reality.

Clearly Alabama was the better team last night. That in no way diminishes what Notre Dame did this year. They beat five team ranked in the pre-season top 25. They deserved to be there and just got beat by a better team last night. Manti Te'o obviously did not have his best game last night, but there are reasons for that. My guess, and it's only a guess based on what I've seen of him, is that he will be a very good NFL linebacker for many years. I understand that haters gotta hate, so hate on. It has no effect on reality.

the problem is all season (and continues today) - either they had to be considered the best ever, or a total pretender. there was no "very good team" category. they put together a tough schedule that wasnt filled with just directional schools and military academies - some of those tough teams did underachieve though.

the same evaluation can be put on Teo - it wasnt fair to discuss him #1 overall, but that doesnt mean after one bad game hes suddenly lucky to be a second rounder.

C'mon now - This is not a matter of "hate", it is a matter of what everyone saw on the big stage last night? A one game flop by Te'o, or perhaps something more concerning? i.e., missed tackles are missed tackles, no "hate" going on there.

C'mon now - This is not a matter of "hate", it is a matter of what everyone saw on the big stage last night? A one game flop by Te'o, or perhaps something more concerning? i.e., missed tackles are missed tackles, no "hate" going on there.

the problem is theres very little "maybe hes not the best lb ever" its jumped to "omg why is he allowed on a college field yet alone pro" with a lot of the people. if his combine reflects the mid tier (unimpressive, but not damning) speed that is expected - this game more realistically likely bumped him from 10-15 into 20-30 range. if he comes out FAST than he is likely still around 10, 4.8+ and we may discuss early second.

i dont think scouts ever had him top 5 yet alone in discussions at 1 like many draft experts predicted.

Edited by NoSaint