Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up thinking, I gotta see how bad the tsw is killing Te'o right now. Yep. He's dead. Well, not really, but kinda. ND ran up against the best in the business. No ones close. Eddie Lacy is a monster. A stud in the NFL. He got the best of Te'o by a mile. That's not to say Te'o isn't good, he is. He's just not that special MLB that we'd like. I don't think he'll ever be Lewis, Willis, Seau or even Navarro Bowman. That doesn't mean he won't be a very good LB. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. The combine is more important to him than ever. Could he slide like Ray Maualuga? I could see it, if his combine isn't up to par. If we took him at number 8, as of now, I'd be ok with it, just not happy about it. I think there are better options (as always, trading down is the best option) but wouldn't be that upset as I think his floor his very high. He might not have the highest ceiling, but I'm confidant he'd be a leader on our D for years to come.

Edited by NewEra

I woke up thinking, I gotta see how bad the tsw is killing Te'o right now. Yep. He's dead. Well, not really, but kinda. ND ran up against the best in the business. No ones close. Eddie Lacy is a monster. A stud in the NFL. He got the best of Te'o by a mile. That's not to say Te'o isn't good, he is. He's just not that special MLB that we'd like. I don't think he'll ever be Lewis, Willis, Seau or even Navarro Bowman. That doesn't mean he won't be a very good LB. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. The combine is more important to him than ever. Could he slide like Ray Maualuga? I could see it, if his combine isn't up to par. If we took him at number 8, as of now, I'd be ok with it. I think there might be a few better options (as always, trading down is the best option) but wouldn't be upset as I think his floor his very high. He might not have the highest ceiling, but I'm confidant he'd be a leader on our D for years to come.

Yes, he got exposed and it will cost him millions. I think he slides to the 3rd or 4th rounds now.

He is staying but he would be the concensus #1 LBer if available or Jarvis Jones.

Mosely said he's staying? Ugh

Yes, he got exposed and it will cost him millions. I think he slides to the 3rd or 4th rounds now.

I wouldn't be shocked, but if we drafted a QB in round 1, I wouldn't want to pass on him in the 2nd. I still think he's a good LB that will produce. Especially of we somehow decide to hire a DC that runs a 3-4. 3-4 ilb is his best position IMO.

I woke up thinking, I gotta see how bad the tsw is killing Te'o right now. Yep. He's dead. Well, not really, but kinda. ND ran up against the best in the business. No ones close. Eddie Lacy is a monster. A stud in the NFL. He got the best of Te'o by a mile. That's not to say Te'o isn't good, he is. He's just not that special MLB that we'd like. I don't think he'll ever be Lewis, Willis, Seau or even Navarro Bowman. That doesn't mean he won't be a very good LB. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. The combine is more important to him than ever. Could he slide like Ray Maualuga? I could see it, if his combine isn't up to par. If we took him at number 8, as of now, I'd be ok with it, just not happy about it. I think there are better options (as always, trading down is the best option) but wouldn't be that upset as I think his floor his very high. He might not have the highest ceiling, but I'm confidant he'd be a leader on our D for years to come.

If you are drafing at #8 overall, you should try to get a player who will be special. You can get a 'very good' LB much later in the draft. I would be beyond pissed if they take Te'o at 8.

People are going to overreact like they always do. He & ND got worked. Bama's oline were the MVPs. It's impossible to play linebacker when you are constantly being engaged by blockers. Urlacher & Ray Lewis struggled without good linemen as well.

Bottom line, the guy has overcome his grandmother & girlfriend dying in the same week. He had a terrible game but I'm not betting against. Watch him slide, some team drafts him later, gets a steal, & people wonder why he fell. If he switched teams, how good would he have looked?

P.s. what's the draft prospects on Barrett Jones? A guy who can play LT, C, & guard seems like a great bargain.

That's as crazy as the people arguing he'd go number 1.

Agreed. I think the 3rd or 4th is a reach, but if his combine is terrible, I wouldn't be shocked

If you are drafing at #8 overall, you should try to get a player who will be special. You can get a 'very good' LB much later in the draft. I would be beyond pissed if they take Te'o at 8.

I understand. I don't blame you guys for feeling as such. Maybe I'm just scarred from previous picks completely busting. I want good football players, especially at LB. I think he's good. Not great. I'm just not a big fan of this draft as a whole. The top of the board seems filled with good players, but I don't see a lot of greatness. Especially at #8. If we can add 2 good LBs and a QB, I'd be happy with this draft. Sad, but true.

After last night, Manti's combine and pro day performances will matter that much more. They will either confirm suspicions about his speed and athleticism to play the position or not.

But perhaps the most troubling aspect of his performance last night was the sheer number of times he whiffed on clean, unobstructed opportunities to make the tackle. Lacey's first TD run is a case in point and proved to be an omen for the rest of the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Is there a chance we take Arthur Brown at #8? A reach according to mocks and rankings, but he's exactly what we need. A 3 down MLB that can cover like a demon. If I have to watch Barnett and Scott line up at nickel LB again, ill be depressed. I love this kid

Edited by NewEra