Only pre-season, but playoffs???

While I am only listening on the radio, Fitz' stats were UGLY. Is it just him or a combination of the undrafted QB and a lack of talent at WRs?

I know it is only pre-season, but I also really don't like the lack of runs while the 1s were in.

We can hope that things will get better...

While I am only listening on the radio, Fitz' stats were UGLY. Is it just him or a combination of the undrafted QB and a lack of talent at WRs?

I know it is only pre-season, but I also really don't like the lack of runs while the 1s were in.

The goal is not winning, it's about testing guys in situations. A poor showing can be a great learning experience for coach and player. I'd rather they try what they aren't good at now.

The goal is not winning, it's about testing guys in situations. A poor showing can be a great learning experience for coach and player. I'd rather they try what they aren't good at now.

Don't bring logic like that in here. Next thing you'll believe they could possibly have looked at running plays they were bad at in practice with no regard for the score or how polished they looked to fans!

You mean where graham refused to go after that ball over the middle in order to avoid a hit.

I don't have a clue how good Graham will be, but you have to stop listening to Tasker. That throw was at his knees and he didn't have time to react to it. (at least that's what I saw)

I don't have a clue how good Graham will be, but you have to stop listening to Tasker. That throw was at his knees and he didn't have time to react to it. (at least that's what I saw)

And it is preseason...no need ot take a hit now and potentially get hurt

The ugliness was in part due to play calling. They were in 4 or 5 wr sets and shotgun for every play. They didn't even pretend they might think about running. Lots of medium to deep passes. They were clearly working on a specific phase of the o. I don't think Freddie touched the ball for even a playaction fake. Washington sent 5 or 6 after fitz on each down.

Also wood is the core of the offense. It's so clear to me now. The guy is a stud and forms the pocket. He was the key difference between the good bills and the bad bills last year.

this is the first year in about 15 years where our preseason is 100% meaningless.

this is all about backup positional battles.

please please please just enjoy the games, get ready for the season, and hope no one gets injured.

you think gailey is going to roll out a gameplan that we would use in the regular season?

vanilla vanilla vanilla. it's about putting players on the cusp of making the team, in vanilla situations, to compare how they do against their competition.

to be honest, im surprised fitz threw 14 passes. thats about 4 too many.

no injuries tonight? then we WON.

Team needs a lot of work. Hopefully we improve before the season starts, today's game was rough.

this is just awful. i came on here hoping there would be nothing like this. but here it is.

Didn't anyone else expect Fitz to be a little better? New quarterback coach and emphasis on fundamentals and all that?

After an offseason of hype, I was hoping for a little more.

I thought they might run a more regular paced offense. The communication in the no huddle seemed to be pretty bad and Glenn seemed to struggle and get stood up a lot. It's less than I expected, but it's a preseason game. There's just a lot of posters on here that swing one way and only one way to an extreme which I think skews the expectations of readers.

There were 2 maybe 3 throws that looked really bad. The rest seemed to be misfires on timing routes or lack of communication with receivers. If those issues persist, then it is a cause for concern. In the 1st preseason game, something to talk about, but nothing to read any great deal into.

Brady has looked good before. Bad example.

Its a perfect example. The New England Offense is based on timing routes and they have looked terrible before in preseason. It hammers home the point that preseason isn't about 'looking good', it's about fixing mistakes.

I've thought very highly of Brooks since we signed him - and, because of him, and Justin Rogers, and A. Williams and Gilmore, I think we'll have the best young secondary in the league, not to mention our studs at safety in Wilson, Searcy, and Byrd.

I wouldn't put any stock in this game. As for what we didn't see - running, for instance, early on - I count all methods of attack that are left off the board during the preseason as good. We don't have to win now - now is the time to see if we can simply execute various things. I'd like to point out that most teams played poorly tonight - Saints and Pats had as bad of a showing or worse, and we know that means nothing. I recall last year we all thought, "we're doomed" after the preseason, and then we looked like a totally different team when the season started.

Now, I have been concerned for a long time now with our QB's. If Fitz doesn't work out, we are in trouble.

this is just awful. i came on here hoping there would be nothing like this. but here it is.

That was not the worst thing posted here by any measure.

Take it easy, it was just a preseason game. The Bills offense did struggle. Bad penalties. The defense gave up a long touchdown drive. There were positives too. Vince Young can do it with his feet. Nice to see Graham get a lot of time on the field. According to Chris Brown Marcel and Kyle looked great in the first half.

Try and temper all the angst. Realistically, the Bills need to improve on this performance going forward.

Also, check out Trent Edwards for the Eagles. He looks huge in the neck area. Dude put on some weight but he still lofted a ball on an out route that should have been picked. Master of checkdowns looks like he went with the HGH over the past season.

That was not the worst thing posted here by any measure.

Take it easy, it was just a preseason game. The Bills offense did struggle. Bad penalties. The defense gave up a long touchdown drive. There were positives too. Vince Young can do it with his feet. Nice to see Graham get a lot of time on the field. According to Chris Brown Marcel and Kyle looked great in the first half.

Try and temper all the angst. Realistically, the Bills need to improve on this performance going forward.

Also, check out Trent Edwards for the Eagles. He looks huge in the neck area. Dude put on some weight but he still lofted a ball on an out route that should have been picked. Master of checkdowns looks like he went with the HGH over the past season.

me? take it easy?

i dont even want this game discussed!

did fred jackson and/or cj spiller even see the field?

i mean... they ARE our offense! them not touching the ball... who cares what our offense looked like!

i hope our starters continue to only play 15 snaps.

the only... i repeat.. the ONLY thing i am checking in the box score is injuries.

quick - what was the giants record last preseason?

exactly.

i know this is a bills message board, i know were all passionate about the bills... but my god. these games (for the first time in a very long time,) are

MEANINGLESS. enjoy that feeling.

we have arrived as a franchise. we actually have positional battles that need to be settled, but aside from that, i could care less if fitz throws for 500 yards and 6 tds, or no yards and 6 picks. you think gailey is installing an offense to beat the redskins this week?

Chan specifically said in his interview after the game that they didn't want to show a full gameplan for Washington's 3-4 defense, which leads me to believe that they wanted to work on the no huddle beacause of that. If anything people should be happy that maybe now Chan will see that we should be a little bit more of a running team come the regular season, but that doesnt neccessarily mean that they'll show it for the remaining 3 pre season games. Why give the Jets or anybody else good film to watch or risk injury to Freddy or CJ over a stupid preseason game?