We are Down one great Bills Fan

plenzmd1

As some of you may recall, my brother was fighting lung cancer, and unfortunetly lost his fight early Friday. We were all with him, and he passed peacefully surroonded by his 5 boys, his wife and I. May he rest in peace..he deserves it.

But his passing made me think about our relationship over the last 48 years. Lordy, the amount of great victories and soul crushing games we attended in person..the constant phone calls during games when we were apart bitching bout the refs, the coachs, the play calls etc...lordy I am going to miss that. I know so many folks say we put too much importance on this silly sports stuff..but you can never convince me of that. I am not saying we would not have been tight without sports...but the common bond we had in the love of the Bills and Sabres was really special to us.

A few of the highlights (just Bills)in my mind in terms of games we were attended together

Games at the Rockpile with the Old Man

Jerry Butler Big Ben Game( we still say Big Ben..not Hail Mary)

Friggen Tom Dempsay !

The Streak Is Over

The Conga Line Game agaisnt the Rams

AFC East Clincher againsnt the Jets

First Home Playoff Game EVER

Biscuits First Play

77 Seconds

51-3

Comeback

First Dallas SB

Second Dallas SB

Jimbo's last Game

Pats game Last year!!! That was friggen awesome..his tumors were shrinking, we had nothing but positive thoughts, one of the greatest Bills games ever, Hammers lot till 7 playing with kids(my briothers true joy was coaching kids).

I dunno what I want to post..emotions are still high. I guess it is just this....

I am so friggen pissed he passed before ever getting to experience a Cahmpionship with these friggen Buffalo Teams..and being 51 he has been a fan his entire life.

But, the more overwhelming emotions is pure joy at the thought of those great memories and the time spent with Kenny at the Ralph and the Aud.

A little bit of him(literally) will be going with me to the opener this year..and leaving those ashes in the place we called the shrine.

Lets Go Buffalo :thumbsup:

Bummer.

It's cool that you have so many good memories of your brother. I'd expect his boys will appreciate you bringing up stories of those memories when you get together in the future.

So sorry for your loss.

I have 2 sisters one younger one older & we have good relationships & I love them dearly but man I always wanted a brother. & hearing memories like the ones you just shared makes me realize I really missed out on some fun stuff not having a brother.

As some of you may recall, my brother was fighting lung cancer, and unfortunetly lost his fight early Friday. We were all with him, and he passed peacefully surroonded by his 5 boys, his wife and I. May he rest in peace..he deserves it.

But his passing made me think about our relationship over the last 48 years. Lordy, the amount of great victories and soul crushing games we attended in person..the constant phone calls during games when we were apart bitching bout the refs, the coachs, the play calls etc...lordy I am going to miss that. I know so many folks say we put too much importance on this silly sports stuff..but you can never convince me of that. I am not saying we would not have been tight without sports...but the common bond we had in the love of the Bills and Sabres was really special to us.

A few of the highlights (just Bills)in my mind in terms of games we were attended together

Games at the Rockpile with the Old Man

Jerry Butler Big Ben Game( we still say Big Ben..not Hail Mary)

Friggen Tom Dempsay !

The Streak Is Over

The Conga Line Game agaisnt the Rams

AFC East Clincher againsnt the Jets

First Home Playoff Game EVER

Biscuits First Play

77 Seconds

51-3

Comeback

First Dallas SB

Second Dallas SB

Jimbo's last Game

Pats game Last year!!! That was friggen awesome..his tumors were shrinking, we had nothing but positive thoughts, one of the greatest Bills games ever, Hammers lot till 7 playing with kids(my briothers true joy was coaching kids).

I dunno what I want to post..emotions are still high. I guess it is just this....

I am so friggen pissed he passed before ever getting to experience a Cahmpionship with these friggen Buffalo Teams..and being 51 he has been a fan his entire life.

But, the more overwhelming emotions is pure joy at the thought of those great memories and the time spent with Kenny at the Ralph and the Aud.

A little bit of him(literally) will be going with me to the opener this year..and leaving those ashes in the place we called the shrine.

Lets Go Buffalo :thumbsup:

I feel the same way about my brothers and football. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

Go Bills.

Sorry for you loss plenz. Brothers are the best and cancer can suck my balls.

Sounds like you got to spend a lot of time with him during his life which is great. I've been apart from my brother for over 30 years but I'm glad I'm in a career now where I can head back to see him and the rest of the family at least once a year.

Thank you all for your kind words. I know this is internet geekdiom at its finest..but I also know you all understand my disjointed thoughts..

Let's go Bills is what he would say at this moment...just know those mofos will will win upper bowl now :worthy:

Edited by plenzmd1

Oh man, Plenzmd.

Death eventually visits each and every one of us but some leave earlier than they should.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Your brother's passing certainly makes one hope for an afterlife… especially one in which we can still enjoy our favorite things.

Deepest condolences, Bills Brother.

Thank you all for your kind words. I know this is internet geekdiom at its finest..but I also know you all understand my disjointed thoughts..

Let's go Bills is what he would say at this moment...just know those mofos will will win upper bowl now :worthy:

I don't know man. I think we'll all join your brother one at a time and he'll ask:

"Did you get one?"

"Nope"

"Sorry man...here, have a beer."

I don't know man. I think we'll all join your brother one at a time and he'll ask:

"Did you get one?"

"Nope"

"Sorry man...here, have a beer."

His funeral was yesterday, and we had plenty o those.

friggen Hollywood sccript for his kid, who plays baseball for Grand Island. GI was in the Far West Regional last night..winner goes to final four for NY state in bignghampton this week. Coach rightfully was reluctant ro play my nephew, so he sat the bench rhe entire game. we got about 40 family there and were quite the boisterous crowd .

Anyway,They go down 3 runs in the top of the tenth, but get a couple runners on the corners with one out when they put my nephew on 3 rd just to get him the the game..speed is not exactly a Lenz trait..but place goes crazy and really cheers for him..it was awesome

Couple hits later, winning run on third and 2 outs. Tough fly ball to centerfield, but looks like dude will make catch and ame over..but center fielder trips/falls just as the ball was arriving..GI wins.

First thing out of my mouth was holy chit, Kenny just tripped that kid...guy next to me says Nah, he would not have trippedd him, looked more like a push to me :worthy:

Here is the link to the story..my nephew Matt got the game ball

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/high-schools/article889473.ece

Edited by plenzmd1

I don't know how I missed this plenz, my condolonces to you and your family on the passing of your brother. My older brother and I share a similar bond through Buffalo sports teams. And what an amazing baseball story and special moment for your nephew and entire family. I'm going to the Durham Bulls game tonight, my first order of business will be to tip a cold one in honor of your brother.

Read that story earlier today. Then going through this thread all I could think of was how bad lung cancer was... "Jeeze, my dad, JoPa, the guy from the BN story, now plenzmd1's brother... What a horrible year for lung cancer." Then to find the latter two are related?

So sorry for your loss. The pain never goes away but in time, you'll make room for it. :cry:

• 1 month later...

K so I lied, posting one last time.

Little long, but I think touching and cool about the story from WGRZ TV..course he was my brother so a bit more of a tie there I suppose :thumbsup:

http://tonawandas.wgrz.com/news/news/67715-one-big-loss-one-grand-win

still get a tear watching this

Wow, that was amazing...thanks for bumping, I didn't see this the first time.