One of the best hits I have ever seen.

I hate that whole "defenseless receiver" crap. As long as it's not spearing, or a shot to the head region, it's all part of the game...IMHO.

I'm really excited about this kid...special teams monster and likely a contributing member to our LB corps. Hopefully a future starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGYwJaqIzLU

:thumbsup:

Certainly a shame to see a technically solid, clean hit like that penalized. No contact with the helmet, just shoulder to chest. By the way, I watch ACC football regularly, and the officiating has to be the worst in college football. These guys are atrocious.

Certainly a shame to see a technically solid, clean hit like that penalized. No contact with the helmet, just shoulder to chest. By the way, I watch ACC football regularly, and the officiating has to be the worst in college football. These guys are atrocious.

Completely agreed. And not just because i'm an FSU fan. there have been plenty of other ACC games where the officials make you shake your head in disbelief. Hell, we've gotten calls going our way that i feel dirty for accepting the penalty. The ACC officials are absolute garbage.

The way the QB stared down the reciever for the entire play, then rolled to his right and threw it back accross his body (a big no no) I think the QB should have been penalized for endangering his reciever. In fact they should do away with defenseless recieve BS altogether and start penalizing the QBs for endangering the reciever.

Plus to throw the kid out when he didnt complain or moan after a total bogus call is even worse. At least the Bills added a very level headed kid.

Forget about the officiating, this kid is strong. Watch the slow replay, the opposing player bounces off of him and crumples up...He didn't so much as lean from that hit, just stood there like he batted down a fly. A lot of those big hits can be rough on both players, but for him it was like the other player wasn't even there...

Put one of those on Brady please...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The good news is that he'll be making those hits for us from now on. Can't wait to see him lay one on Welker.

Agreed, but as we've seen last year you can't hit Welker. He is so small and ducks into hits that it will always be penalty on the defensive player. Can't remember who it was (Byrd maybe) who got a penalty last year for tackling Welker cleanly.

I hate that whole "defenseless receiver" crap. As long as it's not spearing, or a shot to the head region, it's all part of the game...IMHO.

I'm really excited about this kid...special teams monster and likely a contributing member to our LB corps. Hopefully a future starter.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGYwJaqIzLU

:thumbsup:

You do reallize that you essentially just said "I hate defenseless receiver rules, except when it's properly called"

You do reallize that you essentially just said "I hate defenseless receiver rules, except when it's properly called"

Spearing and hits to the head are always penalties... Unfortunately if a WR is hit hard (even shoulder to shoulder) while in the air or going for a catch, the "defenseless receiver" rule is called, I think that is what he is pointing out. Basically you either have to let the receiver catch the ball or take a penalty.

Great hit and I love the Sir in front of his name. He sounds like an English action hero. The penalty was basically because the guy got hurt. It sucks because no one loves big hits more than me but after hearing stories like Seau, the league is probably right in their crusade.

I think Bradham is my favorite of all the draft picks. Seems like he was guilty of being too good and strong on that play. I don't see what else he could've done. He was the slower moving object in that collision. The WR was the one with all the speed. His QB lead him into a brick wall. Is Bradham supposed to avoid making a legal hit because the WR is so weak and feable? If that were Vernon Davis making the catch, would there still be a flag? Doubt it.

Edited by mountainwampus

Wow. Looked like the type of pass Fitz would throw. -Probably with the same result.

So I will resist the urge to tell you to go out and close the garage, and start the car and instead ask you a simple question;

Why take a sniper shot at our QB?

Even if you are right(you are not)Why take this shot on a thread that has nothing to do with him?

I took the semester off of tbd because of peeps like you. Peeps who refuse to let facts get in the way of their opinion.

Fact: Buddy and Chan are not responsible for the failures of the first decade of this millennium.

Fiction: same old..... anything, see above fact.

Fact:When the line, the wr's and most importantly the QB were all healthy, the Bills were very competitive with a crappy D-line in 2011.

Fiction: we were worse than under Jauron because our record was not as good. Any one with eyeballs knows we have a better team now.

Go watch foxnews if you want to indulge in make believe and negativity.

Spearing and hits to the head are always penalties... Unfortunately if a WR is hit hard (even shoulder to shoulder) while in the air or going for a catch, the "defenseless receiver" rule is called, I think that is what he is pointing out. Basically you either have to let the receiver catch the ball or take a penalty.

hits to the head are not always penalties. in fact every lineman gets hit, and many tackles are helmet to helmet. you cant do it when a player is defenseless (ie, in most cases cant protect themselves because their job requires them to take eyes off the player coming to take their head off).

the phrase helmet to helmet has really confused A LOT of people that watch football.

when called right, its not a bad rule, as the original poster referenced. unfortunately it sticks out when called wrong (shoulder to shoulder as you reference). you can light a guy up, but refs are supposed to throw the flag if they think the helmets hit - theyve been instructed to err on the side of caution, and i think that instruction is the real issue most people have, without realizing it.

Edited by NoSaint

My question is: "How did this guy not get drafted higher?"

He looks like the prototypical LB

Maybe Ramius can back this up but I have a really good friend who is a huge FSU fan. He says NB was the best LB on a team that was a top 10 defense most of the year. He said his biggest issue who is get out of position and plays a little wild at times.

At first glance it looked like he massacred the guy. The receiver was down and out. The announcers were not out of line saying what they said, and they were not afraid to change their stance once they saw the replay. I loved it when the crowd saw the replay and went nuts. Also, the coach pointing at the scoreboard and screaming at the ref. But again the refs refuse to look up at reality, so they threw him out of the game.

Hello Gronk? Hello? Can you hear me? No that was not a truck. That was Nigel. Nigel from Spinal Tap. That hit was an eleven. Yeah, it was one louder. Hold on, here comes your mommy.

My question is: "How did this guy not get drafted higher?"

He looks like the prototypical LB

Supposedly his instincts are not great, and he's better in a "straight line" than side to side.

Completely agreed. And not just because i'm an FSU fan. there have been plenty of other ACC games where the officials make you shake your head in disbelief. Hell, we've gotten calls going our way that i feel dirty for accepting the penalty. The ACC officials are absolute garbage.

I don't watch too much acc football (only the national games) so I won't necessarily disagree but.... In my experience the SEC rules over all when it comes to bad officiating. Their streak of 6 straight championships is slightly tainted in my book. It seems whatever team is the top team in the conference (and one with the best shot of getting in the "nc" game) gets many calls to keep them undefeated and in the hunt. I can think of several calls for florida and bama (their first "championship") that were iffy to say the least. I do remember the ACC doing something along the same lines when FSU had that ridiculous streak when they enetered the ACC so I'm sure it continues to this day but the SEC def stands out to me as well.

Lol. The dude never even left his feet. It reminds me of movies when you watch some 150lb guy run around a corner and bump into Bubba Smith and fall to the ground or something. What a joke. Looked like the refs were being paid off to take out the leading tackler to me.

Lol. The dude never even left his feet. It reminds me of movies when you watch some 150lb guy run around a corner and bump into Bubba Smith and fall to the ground or something. What a joke. Looked like the refs were being paid off to take out the leading tackler to me.

luckily they waited til 2 mins left in the game

Maybe Ramius can back this up but I have a really good friend who is a huge FSU fan. He says NB was the best LB on a team that was a top 10 defense most of the year. He said his biggest issue who is get out of position and plays a little wild at times.

Yup. that's his biggest weakness is over-agressiveness. He flies around all the time, lots of times looking for the kill shot. (Frankly, our D could use some attitude like that). Because of that, he can find himself over pursuing of out of position. And he's taken a few personal fouls for late hits where he went in to deliver the big hit instead of pulling up at the last second. But nothing malicious.

Go watch foxnews if you want to indulge in make believe and negativity.

ROTFLMAO! :worthy:

You could have also said, go turn on your radio and listen to Rush, too. Just as good! :lol:

Imagine that hit on Wes Welker or Gronk. That would send a message.

PTR

Somehow I don't think the result would have been quite the same if it had been Gronk, though. :flirt:

Imagine that hit on Wes Welker or Gronk. That would send a message.

PTR

I could imagine it...but he woulda wiffed on Welker(short guy eyes in the back of his head)

and Gronk wouldn't have budged an inch.