If OT KALIL isn't taken by the VIkings

TheKidd

It is probably unlikely, but if the Vikings pass on Kalil, the Bills should try to trade up. If I was Nix, and Kalil slid past the Vikes, I would try to trade our 1st and a 4th round pick to move up. (We have two 4th round picks.)

Kalil is the only OT that warrants going in the top 15. The other offensive tackles are a reach at the 10th pick.

It is probably unlikely, but if the Vikings pass on Kalil, the Bills should try to trade up. If I was Nix, and Kalil slid past the Vikes, I would try to trade our 1st and a 4th round pick to move up. (We have two 4th round picks.)

Kalil is the only OT that warrants going in the top 15. The other offensive tackles are a reach at the 10th pick.

No way. We'll have to give up too much.

A 4th round pick to swap firsts isn't even going to get the Bills up one draft slot. You have to give up mulitple top picks to move up anywhere inside the top ten picks.

Absolutely not worth it. Besides, the Vikings are taking him.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

At a minimum, you'd have to give up the second round pick to move from 10 to 4th...

Kalil is worth trading up for if we can get him. I disagree in that Rief may not even make it to 10 and I see Martin as a good choice at 10. We have to cure arterial bleeding (read OT) before we shore up other areas, and there are only three tackles who can fill our needs.

Kalil is worth trading up for if we can get him. I disagree in that Rief may not even make it to 10 and I see Martin as a good choice at 10. We have to cure arterial bleeding (read OT) before we shore up other areas, and there are only three tackles who can fill our needs.

Chan and Buddy do not seem to share your opinion regarding the position.

Chan and Buddy do not seem to share your opinion regarding the position.

Chan and Buddy are running a team that is the joke of the NFL. The team hasn't made the playoffs this ENTIRE century!! So if they disagree that is PROOF that I know how to build a team. When the worst in the business disagree with you, you know you are on the right track.

The Bills have finished LAST in the division FOREVER, great leaders they have. ROFL. The Pats have OWNED them for the past 20 years.

Chan and Buddy are running a team that is the joke of the NFL. The team hasn't made the playoffs this ENTIRE century!! So if they disagree that is PROOF that I know how to build a team. When the worst in the business disagree with you, you know you are on the right track.

The Bills have finished LAST in the division FOREVER, great leaders they have. ROFL. The Pats have OWNED them for the past 20 years.

You're no Crayonz. Hell you aren't even half a jimmy spags.

No, I don't think we're a joke. You, on the other hand.....

You think the Vikings would take the bills 1st and 4th pick to trade down 7 spots? You're dreaming. It would take our 1st and 2nd at least. That being said, I would trade our 1st and 2nd to get kalil, no question. He's about a close as there is to a sure thing in this draft. Plug him in at LT for the next 5 years and never look back. Resigning him after his rookie contract is up will be tough.

Does Mom know you got past the firewall?

I'm not sure that would get you to pick #9.

Chad and Buddy have completed two years of a rebuilding project centered around a team badly mismanaged for over a decade. Of course, I should have realized that you are a 5-time Super Bowl champion coach/GM.

We'll just pick him at 10.

I would not be against this but Kahil would need to slide a lot further....in order to move up we would need to give up multiple picks....

Perhaps our 1st, our 3rd, a 4th, and a 2nd next year?

That sounds reasonable John. If he is that much of a stud (me personally I don't know that) I'd do it. I'm tired of having that one big piece missing. It's too bad that we didn't have that whole Jason Peters thing work out. Could you imagine what our team would look like if it did??!!!

You are a factory of sadness!

martin and reiff aren't the lts everyone is claiming them to be, there is only one true day one lt in this draft and thats kalil. Just watch USC games this guy is literally incredible. If we trade up for him and don't give up the boat I will be pretty happy, if we don't get him I would rather us take floyd or kuechly, none of the other tackles are worth a top 10 selection, reiff is a guard and at best a rt and martin is probably a rt as well.

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

It's time to sit back, and have a beer. Maybin is the guy we need to go after. 2nd chance don't you know. The Jets got T-Bow and they would take a 2nd for him I'm sure. We all know that the draft is a crap shoot and all this talk means nothing. Buddy has a plan and he will continue to amaze us. Just wait and see.

I would not be against this but Kahil would need to slide a lot further....in order to move up we would need to give up multiple picks....

Perhaps our 1st, our 3rd, a 4th, and a 2nd next year?

Yeah, I mean, look at what Washington had to give up to move up how many spots - 4 or 5 - Three 1st round picks!!!!

No way would we be able to move up much at all without having to give up a ton.

Frankly, Almost every year there end up being players at various positions - and tackle is always one of them - where there are a few mid to later round guys that end up being really good pros. This year's crop of Tackles in the draft will not yeild only 2 good LT's. It's up to Buffalo's scouts to have done their work and to have found what we need.

We should remember - this is the first draft where Nix and Gailey have had their men in place - really, the whole organization has been in place for the first time under Nix - so, this draft will be a display of excellent talent evaluation, I think. I feel like we'll end up getting 3 or 4 starters out of this draft. We're going to get a WR, a LT, a LB, and perhaps a CB, QB, and TE, too. When the dust settles, and the UDFA's have signed, we'll have a rookie at LT, QB, WR, TE, LB, QB - and maybe even D-line. But, as I said, I think we'll have 3 or 4 starters on our roster, come fall, that were drafted this year.

A first round LT would start. That's a good question - where would a first round pick NOT START? We're set on the D-line, interior O-line, and two LB's, and all but one secondary spot. So, we could see a Tackle, WR, LB - or very good DE, be selected in the first round. Because, when it comes down to it, that pick will have to be a starter.

I think they could end up with a starting LT/WR/LB combo in the first three rounds. I don't think a LT is guaranteed to start unless he's a first rounder, though, because Hairston played well last year at times. I think with a suspect #2 WR spot, and Morrison as our best OLB option, you could see a 2nd round WR like Sanu coming in and starting, and a 3rd round LB being good enough to start, as well (Sam Cowhert was not a first rounder - someone like him, or Shepperd).

say minnesota does pass on him...the other teams inside the top ten have decent to pro bowl tackles(I can't see the rams spending another top pick on a tackle). If he did get passed on which is highly unlikely he could pass all the way down to ten. Though its more likely another team jumps us to take him. We have a need at lb and wr and I hope we get Bell resigned but if Kalil was there I'd be happy if he was selected.

martin and reiff aren't the lts everyone is claiming them to be, there is only one true day one lt in this draft and thats kalil. Just watch USC games this guy is literally incredible. If we trade up for him and don't give up the boat I will be pretty happy, if we don't get him I would rather us take floyd or kuechly, none of the other tackles are worth a top 10 selection, reiff is a guard and at best a rt and martin is probably a rt as well.

Martin is definitely NOT a RT.

Edited by NickelCity

Yeah, I mean, look at what Washington had to give up to move up how many spots - 4 or 5 - Three 1st round picks!!!!

No way would we be able to move up much at all without having to give up a ton.

Frankly, Almost every year there end up being players at various positions - and tackle is always one of them - where there are a few mid to later round guys that end up being really good pros. This year's crop of Tackles in the draft will not yeild only 2 good LT's. It's up to Buffalo's scouts to have done their work and to have found what we need.

We should remember - this is the first draft where Nix and Gailey have had their men in place - really, the whole organization has been in place for the first time under Nix - so, this draft will be a display of excellent talent evaluation, I think. I feel like we'll end up getting 3 or 4 starters out of this draft. We're going to get a WR, a LT, a LB, and perhaps a CB, QB, and TE, too. When the dust settles, and the UDFA's have signed, we'll have a rookie at LT, QB, WR, TE, LB, QB - and maybe even D-line. But, as I said, I think we'll have 3 or 4 starters on our roster, come fall, that were drafted this year.

A first round LT would start. That's a good question - where would a first round pick NOT START? We're set on the D-line, interior O-line, and two LB's, and all but one secondary spot. So, we could see a Tackle, WR, LB - or very good DE, be selected in the first round. Because, when it comes down to it, that pick will have to be a starter.

I think they could end up with a starting LT/WR/LB combo in the first three rounds. I don't think a LT is guaranteed to start unless he's a first rounder, though, because Hairston played well last year at times. I think with a suspect #2 WR spot, and Morrison as our best OLB option, you could see a 2nd round WR like Sanu coming in and starting, and a 3rd round LB being good enough to start, as well (Sam Cowhert was not a first rounder - someone like him, or Shepperd).

Here's where I tend to skew away from you- if you could count in 3-4 left tackles annually, and I figure by good I would say a guy that's a relatively healthy quality starter long term.... If those 4 guys averaged playing til 30 there would be enough good starters to go around (3-4 guys starting an 8-10 year career would yield a solid 32 Nfl quality starters. I don't disagree you pull that many out of any draft that will start some games but I'd say only 1-2 are really lockdown starters any given year (on average), and the rest start based on need or draft slot.

Honestly, I wish I could say I've seen more of Kalil. Wasn't big on USC and haven't seen many players that may end up here. Just haven't invested the time with so many other guys and teams I've been interested in (both pro and college). Care to share some cliffnotes on how he seperates from the #1 tackle any given year?

If we could trade up for a 1st and a 4th round pick, I'd be all for it but I don't think that would be nearly enough. It's a sellers market when you're trading up.

You are a factory of sadness!

Best fan video of all time!

Edited by Hopeful

Are you saying that Rief and Martin won't go on Day One? I gaurantee they will both go in the first round, and I'm not even sure Rief won't go before 10. You guys kill me. Chan and Buddy both know that the biggest need is OT, and if they don't address it in free agency they haven't got much choice but to go with one of these guys. I see both of them being successful in the NFL.

Think of this objectively. Min could easily take Blackmon as they have no receivers, or some other guy.

The teams that pick next are:

Browns – Top LT already

Bucs – Possible landing spot

St. L – two top picks invest in solid tackles recently, Rodger Saffold at LT

Jax – Same as St. L (Eugene Monroe at LT)

Car – Top LT already

Miami – Top LT already

Buffalo – Drafts Kalil with no questions asked.

Then look at the next ten teams drafting that could theoretically trade up. Only Arizona really needs a LT, and they don’t have their 2nd this year (Kolb trade)

If Min passes on him and TB does too – it will be very hard for a team to trade up in front of us, and I don’t see another team already ahead of us taking him.

Think of this objectively. Min could easily take Blackmon as they have no receivers, or some other guy.

Browns – Top LT already

Car – Top LT already

Miami – Top LT already

Then look at the next ten teams drafting that could theoretically trade up. Only Arizona really needs a LT, and they don’t have their 2nd this year (Kolb trade)

If Min passes on him and TB does too – it will be very hard for a team to trade up in front of us, and I don’t see another team already ahead of us taking him.

tampa has penn already starting and who is coming off a pro bowl.

Just stop right there. he won't get past Minnesota so its a moot point they know he's the only one worth the pick too.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Browns – Top LT already

Car – Top LT already

Miami – Top LT already

i would be shocked if he slides like that. TB has an LT - but a number of those LT situations are not near as steady as you make them out to be, and a team still has incentive to make the move. First, upgrade the LT position while also saving money over a vet contract you may not love. Second, without huuuuge deals to these young guys, you can create bookend tackles at a fair value and let a guy like Kalil play RT for a year or two before moving him over to replace a guy that at that point may be aging, have an expiring contract, or have even been injured.

Well I didn’t know about Tampa’s LT but them having a good one only helps our case. I guess St Louis could ditch that Smith guy who they took a few years back at #2, but they also need weapons for Bradford and knowing Fisher he will want to build up their DL, so I could see one of the stud DTs being their pick. I think the chances of Kalil falling are better than we think – assuming he slips Min obviously.

I'd be fine with that. Then again, I'd be fine with most potential draft moves. Getting the D-line solved leaves me happy with almost any pick but Couples.

i would be shocked if he slides like that. TB has an LT - but a number of those LT situations are not near as steady as you make them out to be, and a team still has incentive to make the move. First, upgrade the LT position while also saving money over a vet contract you may not love. Second, without huuuuge deals to these young guys, you can create bookend tackles at a fair value and let a guy like Kalil play RT for a year or two before moving him over to replace a guy that at that point may be aging, have an expiring contract, or have even been injured.

Latest Mock Draft by Brian Baldinger on nfl.com

Yet another mock draft

Shows Kalil dropping to 6th to the Rams... would that be a tempting trade-up? Per the draft value chart, to move from 10 to 6 would likely cost our 3rd and our first 4th round pick this year... 2nd rounder is too rich.

Any takers in this scenario?? Seems like a good move if this came to pass?

If he isn't selected by the Vikings, he will be selected by the Rams. The left tackle they selected before hasn't lived up to expectations, which is why they were mocked to select Kalil before they traded the second over pick.

At this point, I'm more concerned they will select Martin, who is the only other tackle who could start on the left side.