DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

Mario Williams Tweet: Link

Said its looking good. For what its worth. Again, this is why its worth spending the money to get big players on a small market team. They start selling it to other guys.

This could be a very good defensive line, especially if everyone stays healthy.

Note: If Anderson signs, Edwards is out. Who else? Kelsay? Merriman? Spencer Johnson? Personally, I'd prefer we keep Johnson and get rid of Kelsay. Seems more likely Johnson and Edwards are cut unless Merriman tears another ligament in camp.

I can't imagine that that would be the case, as I think Edwards figures prominently in the team's plans as a backup DT and substitute interior pass rusher. I find it far more likely that Spencer Johnson, who's base salary is $3M, would be released in lieu of Edwards ($3.8M base salary).

To me, it makes no sense to cut Kelsay, as he is a good fit at DE in a 4-3 and can definitely contribute alongside 3 other extremely talented linemen.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills are going to be rolling in so many defensive linemen that when the third quarter comes around and opposing oline's are exhausted they aren't even going to know who they are lining up against on any given play.

...and if I may quote the Preacher in Blazing Saddles, that is when they turn around to their QB and say after the first bullet flies,

Buscaglia is referring to a conversation he just had with Bryan Scott:

Joe Buscaglia ‏ @JoeB_WGR

Bryan also told me he just got off the phone with Mark Anderson. Said he doesn't know what the outcome will be, but Mark was excited. #Bills

The players & Nix love Kelsay. Buddy gushed about him last season saying that they basically paid him as much as they did for his leadership. He won't get cut, depth is a great thing. He will look much better with this line than he ever has.

+1

Thanks Mario for the update. That would be great if this happens and would kill two birds with one stone -- upgrade our pass rush even further and hurt a division rival.

P.S. It is amazing the love that Kelsay gets on this board.

I feel bad for the guy. While not a star, he is a decent, lunch bucket player. Yet, he and a few others are the whipping boys on this board.

Do you mean 'hate?'

Thanks Mario for the update. That would be great if this happens and would kill two birds with one stone -- upgrade our pass rush even further and hurt a division rival.

P.S. It is amazing the love that Kelsay gets on this board.

I feel bad for the guy. While not a star, he is a decent, lunch bucket player. Yet, he and a few others are the whipping boys on this board.

Kelsay has been loved by every coach that has ever been on the Bills with him, and that includes guys who have had success elsewhere like Perry Fewell, they were not all idiots. When other players talk about the Bills, I am sometimes surprised how often Kelsay's name comes up. It's impossible to know, but if Kelsay were a FA, he would be in as high a demand as Mark Anderson is, even after the 10 sacks.

I think he has huge limitations, and I get pissed at him too when I watch the games. I think we overpaid him when we re-signed him. But he is a very decent and pretty valuable player, and there is extremely little chance he gets cut.

Kelsay has been loved by every coach that has ever been on the Bills with him, and that includes guys who have had success elsewhere like Perry Fewell, they were not all idiots. When other players talk about the Bills, I am sometimes surprised how often Kelsay's name comes up. It's impossible to know, but if Kelsay were a FA, he would be in as high a demand as Mark Anderson is, even after the 10 sacks.

I think he has huge limitations, and I get pissed at him too when I watch the games. I think we overpaid him when we re-signed him. But he is a very decent and pretty valuable player, and there is extremely little chance he gets cut.

+10000000000000

If his cap number is ever an issue, he is the type of player that would renegotiate and stay.

From Twitter:

Alex Marvez

BTW - #Bills close to signing DE Mark Anderson and should be done soon, @FOXSports.com has learned. Story coming asap

unrelated but funny:

From Kirk Morrison/Merriman:

Lol. You silly RT @shawnemerriman: Christ I won't even buy or use "Bounty" paper towels no more #Crazy

From Twitter:

Alex Marvez

BTW - #Bills close to signing DE Mark Anderson and should be done soon, @FOXSports.com has learned. Story coming asap

unrelated but funny:

From Kirk Morrison/Merriman:

Lol. You silly RT @shawnemerriman: Christ I won't even buy or use "Bounty" paper towels no more #Crazy

:lol: That bounty line is hysterical.

Is this really happening...? Our D-line can go from a weakness to a HUGE strength. I know everyone wanted Mario, but to add Anderson to the mix really gives the Bills a formidable front 4 with a pretty decent rotation too. It also really gives us some flexibility in the draft because I was still looking at a D-line addition (hoping the Bills could trade down to #15 and pick up Ingram or Upshaw). Looks like if we can get this done, we can look at OL, WR, LB and CB for the majority of the draft.

I still can't believe just how incredible this is BEFORE the draft.

Remaining wishlist: Bell accepts our original offer, we draft Martin anyway at 10, WR in the 2nd.

That's what the insiders call a "flawless offseason."

I know Wiki is suspect, but I like the way this looks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Anderson_%28American_football%29

Holy ShiZ!!!!! We finally got us another OKIE!!!!! I had no idea this fine young fellow played ball in the greatest high school football region in the country! I know who's jersey I'm buying. Welcome to the Buffalo Bills young man.

Seriously, I'm gonna have to hit him up somehow. There aren't very many Bills fan here in T-Town.

Anderson was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He attended Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, and was a letterman in football and basketball. He was a teammate in both sports of Robert Meachem and Felix Jones, both also current NFL football players. In football, he was an All-Metro selection and was named as a Big 12 Prep pick. Mark Anderson graduated from Booker T. Washington High School in 2001. Anderson recorded 104 tackles and 9 sacks along with 9 receptions and 3 touchdowns during his senior season to help the Hornets to an 11-2 record. In his best game he notched 20 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 blocked punts in 1 game as a senior