Is Peyton Manning retiring?

FluffHead

Rob Lowe ( yes, that rob Lowe ) is claiming on twitter that Peyton manning is retiring. What are the chances he knows something and what are the chances this is a ploy for followers? I say 80 percent ploy, but who knows. It would be funny if some random celebrity broke this news before the insiders

Has anybody bothered checking wikipedia to see if this is valid?

There is a lot more to the internet than Wikipedia. They might have taken a step back with this move, imo. The info. I was looking for today was found elsewhere... quickly.

The real story here is that Marv Levy was contacted as a possible replacement to Caldwell, but since Marv did not have his hearing aids in, he did not hear the call. :rolleyes:

...in other news, offensive line coach Pete Metzelaars and wide receivers coach Frank Reich were released today a source with knowledge of the situation said.

Those moves are likely to be followed by others on the coaching staffafter head coach Jim Caldwell was fired on Tuesday.

Let's say he did say he's retiring...We all know that doesn't mean anything anyway...

Favre, Palmer, ect...

With his mangled neck, at 36, he probably should though

Agree on both points. The man has had a stellar career. If his neck is pain-free right now after surgery, why not retire and increase the odds of it staying that way?

His team is rebuilding, it's not like he can contend successfully for a title in the next year or two (I think)

Its all clear now...with john parr(singer of st. elmos fire theme song) singing a song about tebow...rob lowe is part of that pack of actors, i think they have their finger on the pulse of the nfl....

Emilio Estevez and Jud Nelson vehemently deny this rumor.

JinVA, on 18 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Has anybody bothered checking wikipedia to see if this is valid?

Yeah. Let's check out Faux Noise for some (COUGH!,COUGH!!) "facts" :w00t::doh:B-):lol::w00t:

That went right over your frozen head..

retiring?--whats he gonna do for money?

I know your being scarastic. But, Peyton could have a future in mroe TV commercials, acting. Be hillarious to see him on the Rodgers Discount Double Check commercial.

Yeah but what's worse is that because of this, the Jets might get Manning.. Not good.. :)

Tim-

If we can rush the passer finally we will be fine. Manning is never a good pressure QB. But I can't see him going to such a dysfunctional team with really no great receivers. I think Washington with Santana Moss is more likely. Perhpas Arizona? Imagine him and Larry Fitzgerald!

I know your being scarastic. But, Peyton could have a future in mroe TV commercials, acting. Be hillarious to see him on the Rodgers Discount Double Check commercial.

he could be the new State Farm salesman or spokesperson in those commercials because, as the couple say in them, he used to play football..... professionally.

P. Manning is done. Doesn't seem like whatever weird operation he had overseas panned out. Everything's tight-lipped because he's due for a 28 million dollar payday soon. In a few months, there'll be more heightened rumors, and then the inevitable emotional news conference. Rob Lowe just blurted out what the Colts FO and the Manning camp have known for some time.

Edited by #34fan

Right now, Peyton is considering what is best for him and his family. His current options are...

1. Become the personal (passing) trainer for Tim Tebow.

2. Take over the Head Coaching job for Indianapolis, where he has been serving as Offensive Coordinator for years.

3. Become part of the group that is looking to buy the Bills.

4. Retire and move in with Eli to cut back on expenses.

5. Sign on to provide expert football analysis for one of the TV networks.

6. Merge with Madden for the football gaming franchise. It will be called "Maddening NFL."

7. Go back and play for the Colts for the next few years, ruining his spectacular playing legacy as they suffer as a mediocre team.

Please, Peyton, don't choose number 7.

Edited by BillsfaninFl