Joe B WGR: Did Trent turn down the Dolphins?

Just doesn't seem right to me. Then why did he accept the invitation to try out on Tuesday in the first place?

It's a try out for both sides. Maybe he didn't like the coaching staff. Or something didn't sit right. I have been offered jobs before and turned them down but excepted the job interview.

It's a try out for both sides. Maybe he didn't like the coaching staff. Or something didn't sit right. I have been offered jobs before and turned them down but excepted the job interview.

Were you unemployed at the time?

Yes. And a huge savings account and a Stanford degree.

Seriously though- I have, while unemployed. If you are confident in your ability (and in his case not just football) you don't have to jump on the first offer. Laying an egg with a bad Miami team doesn't further any of his career choices. In fact it could end his football options if it's the wrong fit.

Well, Miami was the actual scene of his ultimate undoing. Everyone points to the Arizona game in Week 4 of the 2008 when he suffered the now infamous concussion. However, he did come back 2 weeks later and play very well against the Chargers. The following week the Bills traveled to Miami, went into halftime with a lead -- and even scored a TD (with Marshawn doing an embarrassing dance) on their first drive after the half. Then all hell broke loose. Trent was stripped by Joey Porter and fumbled in the endzone. He fumbled a QB sneak. He made an ill-advised INT... I can remember all of this like it was yesterday... How do you think Trent feels.

That is also the game where Terence McGee cam back too soon from an injury and got torched by... Ten Ginn.

He has millions of dollars. I don't think he's in any 'position' to do anything he doesn't want to do..

He made a little over $2M for his 3+ years in Buffalo and handful of games in Jax. While not chump change, he's not really in a position to refuse work, considering his options are severely limited and his time in the NFL is quickly running out.

That being said, I do have to give him props for rejecting the Dols. :thumbsup:

Edited by Doc

He made a little over $2M for his 3+ years in Buffalo and handful of games in Jax. While not chump change, he's not really in a position to refuse work, considering his options are severely limited and his time in the NFL is quickly running out.

That being said, I do have to give him props for rejecting the Dols. :thumbsup:

You're right, you can't hardly live on 2 million.

I have turned down jobs when I was unemployed. I had the financial position at the time to have the luxury to do so.

My impression is that Trent is a smart guy who either is or hires good financial managers - no high livin' spendthrift there. I'm sure he's in the financial position to turn down a job offer if he wants to.

Whether it's true he had the opportunity to turn it down, is another question. (See Williams Jr., Hank)

Trent's favorite sport is Volleyball. He does not love football, so it is not a surprise that he turned down a chance that any real NFL prospect with any love of the game and desperation to play it would have killed to get. Trent is a joke of a QB.

http://sports.yahoo....t_over_dolphins

The Miami Dolphins made Trent Edwards(notes) an offer after working him out earlier this week, but the quarterback turned it down.

I assume he saw state of their Offensive Line and decided it was better for his health and career to wait and take a chance of playing some other time. I think 'unemployment' is author's hyperbole rather than actually collecting since he would need to justify turning down offer.

Wait, no State Income taxes, and great weather...Either Edwards wants to really put his Stanford degree to use, or he has lost his mind. On second thought, he probably asked Miami if he could sleep on it, and awoke in the middle of the night with visions of Dareus, Wilfork and Gang Green pummeling him to the turf.