unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and traces back solely to JLC's nfl.com blog post, which conflicts with Schefter's tweets.

Around and around we go .... wheeeeeeeeeeeee ...

Lori,

Certainly Cowher knows and hears all the speculation right now. What could be the reason not to release a statement and clear the air?

Lori,

Certainly Cowher knows and hears all the speculation right now. What could be the reason not to release a statement and clear the air?

He's out walking his dog all day... he hasn't heard any speculation.

Lori,

My cynical mind suggests that he might not WANT to clear the air just yet. Just how high might the Bills be willing to go? Hmm, maybe it wouldn't hurt to find out.

As always, JMO.

My cynical mind suggests that he might not WANT to clear the air just yet. Just how high might the Bills be willing to go? Hmm, maybe it wouldn't hurt to find out.

As always, JMO.

IMHO he has no intention on coaching the Bills and are using them as leverage for a job he really wants.

At least no more posts like "you got me good you !@#$er!" about the Peter Pan picture. Did we need two and a half pages of those responses??

i am only to assume i ate quite a few words already today while partaking in some alphabet cereal <_<

There was a message in my Alpha-Bits today, it said "ooooooooo"...

And again, Jim called 90% of his own plays at the LOS ! Listen , you people want another coach with no spine that is fine, but me, I'll take a guy that has more fire in his belly then Godzilla vs Rodan ..perhaps a bad analogy but you get my point . ☺ but moving on.........

Yeah, the guy that led the biggest comeback in history in the NFL playoffs and the then-biggest comeback in college history against an incredible Miami team....he has no fire at all. You sure know your football.............

IMHO he has no intention on coaching the Bills and are using them as leverage for a job he really wants.

Or the Bills could be leaking this "intel" in an attempt to pay someone less because they have no where near as much experience as Cowher (IE a college HC or OC).

It makes no sense I know, but I'm trying to think like Ralph and Russ. IT'S ALL ABOUT MARKETING!!!

Schefter and Mortenson reported yesturday that Cowher was unlikely to return based on total speculation.

They didn't have any sources close to Cowher tell them anything, they just reported what they wanted to hear.

Schefter has gone down hill since becoming a reporter for ESPN, he used to be reliable when he worked for NFL Network. But he has became influenced by the biased reporting that is ESPN.

I dont see Cowher coaching Buffalo next year. Do any of you really? I mean really? Not hoping. And before you point to the T.O signing, they are two totally different things.

First T.O had just been fired. He was being blamed for ruining 3 teams. Not too many clubs were calling, and i bet none offered $6.5 mil gauranteed.

Personally i think it is a bad year for Cowher to try and coach again.

Fox is staying in Carolina, Shanahan to D.C.

Oakland who knows and who wants it?

Dallas is the wild card. If they dont win a play off game Wade is out. But does Cowher want to work for Jerry Jones?

I think he stays in the warm confines of the studio for another year.

Sorry Bills fans. Not saying that its a bad thing either. Maybe Buffalo gets the next young 'fire in his belly' cord, who turns out to be here for the next 10 years.

I'm having a hard time wondering why ANY big name coach would want to come to our outback city. The situation is a total mess, it will take YEARS to straighten out, and FAR MORE attractive situations will surely open up in the near future. So I just don't see any big time name taking the Bills HC job, even for a ton of cash.

Schefter and Mortenson reported yesturday that Cowher was unlikely to return based on total speculation.

They didn't have any sources close to Cowher tell them anything, they just reported what they wanted to hear.

Schefter has gone down hill since becoming a reporter for ESPN, he used to be reliable when he worked for NFL Network. But he has became influenced by the biased reporting that is ESPN.

Riddle me this, Batman: why would either Schefter or Mortensen CARE whether or not Cowher ultimately takes the job in Buffalo (or anywhere else)?

Riddle me this, Batman: why would either Schefter or Mortensen CARE whether or not Cowher ultimately takes the job in Buffalo (or anywhere else)?

Mort hates Bills fans due to our disdain for his buddy Donahoe, so he has an agenda. Schefter, on the other hand, doesn't... but my guess is that neither of these two clowns has a clue.

Holmgren is looking to hire John Fox. If that happens, and possibly via a trade, then Holmgren is all but gone.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...ic_mangini.html

If Holmgren does grab Fox no way we win the Cowher sweepstakes. The ownership in Carolina is in flux however always seemed like this is his dream job. One story a few weeks back implied that Cowher could end up with an ownership stake in Panthers as well. Wish I had the link but cant find it at this point

"Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America Schefter, and then Team AmericaSchefter goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money." :thumbsup:

"Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America Schefter, and then Team AmericaSchefter goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money." :thumbsup:

Not bad. :D

I am so sick of "As the NFL turns" This drama is getting old. I say the Bills send a message to everyone and hire the 2nd best HC candidate (Cowher being 1st of course) by the end of this week. If it takes this long for Cowher to decide to take the Bills job, how much effort will he put in knowing that this isnt what he wanted.

Cowher and the Bills are playing a waiting game until Shannahan signs his deal to determine what the market value for a top notch football coach is.

It is being reported that Shannahan is going to get 10+ million to coach the skins. I would bet that Cowher would end up costing a franchise like the Bills a bit more than that. Thanks Dan Snyder.

Cowher and the Bills are playing a waiting game until Shannahan signs his deal to determine what the market value for a top notch football coach is.

It is being reported that Shannahan is going to get 10+ million to coach the skins. I would bet that Cowher would end up costing a franchise like the Bills a bit more than that. Thanks Dan Snyder.

It is truly amazing to watch Snyder just throw money at that team. He seems not to learn from his own mistakes. He does not want to accept that you can't buy a championship.

Just got back on. Did Fewell interview today? Not likely anything will transpire untill this ruse is out of the way.

'Yeah, we just kicked you and everybody you know to the curb yesterday but hey, we're 'interested' in you as our coach going forward..'

IMO, any way you look at this, from Fewell's point of view, this is very ugly.

You must have read this thread at Bills Zone. Pat Moran was throwing crap on the walls all day. I sort of doubt this. I think it's more likely Cowher is waiting for another job...any job....to open up besides the Bills. But I do agree that once dollars are being hammered out, Cowher will be bending ol' Ralph over a barrel.

PTR

i agree, i just posted the same thing in one of the 50 other "cowher" threads....."IF" the bills are willing to match shanahan's deal, i think Cowher would accept.

I can see this big time. They know what Shanny was looking for and I am sure Cowher wants as much or more maybe even part ownership. I hate Dan Snyder and I think him and Shanny are going to melt down together. Alos if Cleveland dumps Magic man and Fox goes to Browns Panthers wants Cowher bad

Just got back on. Did Fewell interview today? Not likely anything will transpire untill this ruse is out of the way.

'Yeah, we just kicked you and everybody you know to the curb yesterday but hey, we're 'interested' in you as our coach going forward..'

IMO, any way you look at this, from Fewell's point of view, this is very ugly.

it would be somethin if after firing his assistants that Fewell REFUSED this bogus Bills interview.

Giants, Bears may compete for Fewell

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 5, 2010 7:12 PM ET

Perry Fewell will interview for the Bills head coaching job this week, but he's a long shot to land that job.

It doesn't sound like he will be out of work for long, though.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports Fewell is likely to become Lovie Smith's new defensive coordinator in Chicago if he doesn't get the Bills gig. Bears fans wanted an entirely new defensive scheme, but that would require a new head coach.

As we were just about to post that news, the Associated Press reported that Fewell will interview Thursday with the Giants about their defensive coordinator position.

Fewell is a natural fit in Chicago, as he worked under Smith in St. Louis and Chicago in 2005. The Giants don't run a Tampa 2 defense, the scheme Fewell was raised in.

OK, Cowler is from Carolina, (or is it his wife) so he want's to coach at "Home" Can understand that. But why go to a team where supposedly the owner is trying to sell, he just fired his own two kids this year, (or did they resign, can't recall which) but was under a bit of shady terms it seemed. He's trying to screw John Fox out of a years pay by playing games and trying to make the conditions so bad he'll resign to avoid paying him. Richardson isn't exaclty known as a big spender either.

The only two advantages Carolina seems to have is; it's home, and probably a better roster than the Bill's but also older, which in todays NFL doesn't take much to go from a vet team to over the hill.

So why would he run to Carolina if offered the job? Why is that job much better than Buffalo other than the reasons mentioned?