About This Club

For Bills Fans in the ROC Area

Rochester, New York
  1. What's new in this club
  2. Also Greece NY here - not far from Van Putte Landscape. Go Bills!
  3. Pretty new to this site so wondered if the ROC regulars meet up at training camp at Fisher? If not done to date, would any of you be interested in doing so?
  4. Have lived in Ontario for 27 years. North off 104, towards the Lake.
  5. Was busy yesterday so I'm a day late with this one. Anyone living in Rochester remember what you were doing 30 years ago? Chances are you were walking, not driving around. The great ice storm hit 30 years ago yesterday. It was Monday morning, woke up at 6:00 AM in spite of power being out. Called the police department to see if the bay bridge was open so I could get to work (seasonal swing bridge wasn't open until 1998.) Response was "everything's closed sir, stay home." My power was out for 12 days. The guy who took the video in the link below must be absolutely crazy...it was taken with a full sized video-camera, one hand on the wheel, one on the video-camera, no cell phones in those days. At least none that took video. Really cool if you can get past the windshield wiper noise.
  6. Northern border of the United States of America, Northwest border of the town of Irondequoit. Next door neighbors are the Coast Guard, Silk O'loughlin's, and the Summerville Grille.
  7. Last time I lived in town was for five years, moved to Ct in 2005 for the third time, aced the quiz, never heard of the tidbits thing, but I do fall into the old guy category 😁
  8. Here's a Rochester Business Journal article on Silk O'Loughlin by Scott Pitoniak. Note my comment on the bottom outlining that the popular bar/restaurant on the river (which I patronize on a regular basis...might call me a regular) is actually named after his namesake nephew, not Silk the ump. Hope you can patronize the place when it opens, the owner lost most of 2017 and 2019 because of high waters, now this.? https://rbj.net/2020/04/15/recalling-rochesters-silk-oloughlin-beloved-character-victim-of-1918-pandemic/
  9. Yeah my first perfect score I need to move
  10. 100% Could've missed tidbits though, never heard that one.
  11. Hey, season is over and the draft is over 2 months away, have to kill time some how. If you're really from Rochester you should get 100% (I did.) https://www.women.com/vanessa/quiz-only-a-true-rocheser-local-can-ace-this-test-can-you?utm_source=wdc_fb&utm_medium=FBsharerbutton&utm_campaign=20170414&fbclid=IwAR2YB1KnhQjK9JbGkj9fLwhinTw6smuWqsC2T3AxDaq0T6anD9pWUkw0VQ8#/results
  12. Just say the Rochester Club. I moved to the Rochester area a year ago last November. I live in Gates, about a half mile from the Wegmans on Lyell Ave. at Howard Rd.
  13. I still own a bunch of land on Thayer Road nearby there.
  14. Grew up mostly in the downtown area. Then out to Penfield half way through HS. Currently living in Palmyra. I pass the Egypt/Mason rd/Casa Larga area every day lol.
  15. good wings, fairly central location, I'd be in. Happy this is still running.
  16. @RocCityRoller got me thinking about this again after it fell off the radar last year. When the schedule comes out next month, let’s figure out a game or two for an ROC TBD meetup. I’m thinking Duff’s on West Henrietta because it’s central and right on 390. It’s also the official ROC Bills Backers bar, so maybe we could hop on their thing a little bit, but set aside a TBD table or something. I will reach out to their leadership and see how feasible it is. I’ll also post a thread on the main board to drum up interest and get people to join this club. 39 members ain’t bad, but I know there have to be many more rochesterians on TBD. Let me know thoughts.
  17. Not super active, but I think we’re all still figuring out how best to utilize the club system on TBD. SDS made mention of some software upgrades to come, I think to make the club content more front and center, or easier to find anyway. I started this club just because I thought ROC fans could use a place to discuss ROC-related things that the rest of the board doesn’t necessarily care about. Places to watch games, best routes to/from OP, stuff like that. So I guess I technically “run” it, but it should be more about the community than any specific poster. I do like the idea of having an ROC TBD meetup to watch a Bills road game this season. Some place central maybe, like Duff’s in West Henrietta. The schedule will be out in a month or so, let’s take a look at it then and see if we can settle on a date.
  18. hello everyone, i have been wanting to join for a while. i live in chili center. please bear with me and my assaults on proper grammar.
  19. yes 111 right across from stop sign at circle, may not have had stop sign when you were here. Our friends live at 82 yes, many days driving home off 90 came up turk hill and by the time i got to Mason rd, different snow amounts etc.
  20. Do you live on Grandview perhaps?? Or are you on actual Mason? I ask because 81 Grandview is where I lived lol
  21. if funny that you mention that! our road is the one next to the lilac stand. our house happens to be on a hill on that road, (we're already at the top of turk hill) and we have the strangest weather. it's literally different a few blocks away. i work in victor, and when i talk to my wife during the day, we have completely different weather...6 miles away.
  22. yes we are off mason across from Church of the Resurrection. Love the view from Casa Larga btw! Somedays seems like there is a micro-climate up there