[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this disgusting story about two teenagers who abused a defenseless puppy yesterday in Lockport. Then realize what Vick admitted to doing is a thousand times worse. This A-hole can rot for all I care. He does not deserve another chance. No one should sign him, including the UFL. Of course I don't believe this "rumor" of a Vick sighting but if the Bills were stupid enough to sign him, then they will have lost me as a fan, for whatever that's worth.

Not to restart any debate, but as a dog-owner what Vick did was deplorable and he deserved as much punishment as he got, perhaps even moreso. However, he pled guilty, was sentenced and served real jail time. He declared bankruptcy. In my book, he paid his debt to society and now can move on with his life. If that involves playing football for my favorite team, so be it, as long as he helps the Bills win games.

I know this was in a thread yesterday, but just heard Peter King on the Cowherd show, and he again reiterated he thinks there are three teams that makes sence for Vick..Green Bay, Steelers and Buffalo. Now, he also mentioned there are prolly more teams interested, but it does a team no good to say they may be interested and then do not get him.

Again, he did not say that Buffalo was absolutely interested and actively pursuing Vick, but I find it starange that Peter King comes out of the Canton weekend, where he got an award and where there where Bills folks everywhere and just pulls the Bills name from out of thin air. I am really starting to think there may be something to this Vick to Buffalo stuff

Seems like the Bills are selling their soul, if these rumors are true. I have to agree with you also about the possibility.

On the brightside, the PETA folks will be filling up hotel rooms in Buffalo if the signing happens. Buffalo will be a media circus, if it wasn't already with T.O.

Read this disgusting story about two teenagers who abused a defenseless puppy yesterday in Lockport. Then realize what Vick admitted to doing is a thousand times worse. This A-hole can rot for all I care. He does not deserve another chance. No one should sign him, including the UFL. Of course I don't believe this "rumor" of a Vick sighting but if the Bills were stupid enough to sign him, then they will have lost me as a fan, for whatever that's worth.

I was actually going to make a tasteless Vick joke about that, but it was too horrible of a situation in Lockport. And besides any dog/Vick jokes are childish and I feel embarrassed for even thinking about posting something of that nature. I really hope this was an awful accident or else I hope they really teach these teens a lesson. I was really sickened when I heard this on the news a couple days ago. I hope and pray the Bills do not sign Vick. He would be a great addition to the team football wise, but at what price. It's just not worth it IMO...

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think. Also TO is a big supporter of Vick. He could be pulling for Vick to be a Bill.

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think

I differing view of the "win now" mentality (if the Bills actually have it, which I doubt)

But anyways, if the Bills have a "win now" mentality, why would they bring in a new QB after camp has started. A QB who is totally unfamiliar with the playbook and hasn't played a down since 2006

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think. Also TO is a big supporter of Vick. He could be pulling for Vick to be a Bill.

Thats exactly why you don't want Vick on the team. Trent is the man right now he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. If Vick is on the team and the Bills are 1-3 and TO is unhappy I don't want to have a guy calling for Vick to start. Let Trent have his team and have no controversy. I doubt TO would be calling for Fitz to start.

Trent needs this year to show the organization what he has even if the Bills go 7-9 or 6-10 but Trent throws for 3500 yards and 20 TD's with 10 ints than you know that Trent is likely to be your guy going froward. I want to put Trent is a position to have success not to have him be undermined later in the year.

Just stop with all this Vick talk. He is a bad fit and a distraction waiting to happen.

The blog linked by the OP isn't the original source; that source is here (as linked from that blog): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229533-...-visits-buffalo

If it were true I'd totally fail to see as to why; Vick is a runningback that can throw the ball half the the time he throws, and arent we kinda decked out on rb's allready?

Local ESPN Radio here in NY said Buffalo is one of 5 teams interested in Mike Vick. I heard it myself today at 4:10pm on ESPN Radio on 1410am (Watertown) New York. They also went on to say Buffalo could be the favorite to land him if he does not take more money and play in the UFL.

If the Bills are, in fact, interested in Vick, then it makes the most sense for him to sign for multiple reasons:

1)Its a small market time so he can revive his career with less distractions. TO would most likely be center of attraction.

2)No pressue to start plus good opportunity to be 2nd qb since current backups are nothing special.

3)Bills are desperate for a winning season and will utilize Vick after his suspension.

Local ESPN Radio here in NY said Buffalo is one of 5 teams interested in Mike Vick. I heard it myself today at 4:10pm on ESPN Radio on 1410am (Watertown) New York. They also went on to say Buffalo could be the favorite to land him if he does not take more money and play in the UFL.

I thought that they could only get 250,000 tops .

If the Bills are, in fact, interested in Vick, then it makes the most sense for him to sign for multiple reasons:

1)Its a small market time so he can revive his career with less distractions. TO would most likely be center of attraction.

yea that's not going to happen, TO is the center of the attention right now, but if the Bills signed Vick, you can damn well bet TO takes a backseat to the drama and the media frenzy that would surround Vick

If the Bills sign Vick then lets just cut Edwards and make Vick the starter. Why put up with weeks and weeks of "QB controversey"? You know you want Vick to start. And when he fails miserably and he and T.O. are at each others throats we can then talk about drafting Tim Tebow with our #1 pick overall.

PTR

I've read this entire thread, and it's mind-boggling. The joys of a web-based forum. This having been said, PTR, your point referenced above is the one that strikes a chord. As in "Horseradish Enema". The LAST thing this franchise needs is another:

Flutie/Johnson

Losman/Holcomb

Edwards/Losman

nightmare. I'm sure there are others, and I'd imagine that they'll be posted within minutes. But seriously - does ANYONE want THAT crap again?

Mike Vick - run far, far, far away. We have enough headaches.

I've read this entire thread, and it's mind-boggling. The joys of a web-based forum. This having been said, PTR, your point referenced above is the one that strikes a chord. As in "Horseradish Enema". The LAST thing this franchise needs is another:

Flutie/Johnson

Losman/Holcomb

Edwards/Losman

nightmare. I'm sure there are others, and I'd imagine that they'll be posted within minutes. But seriously - does ANYONE want THAT crap again?

Our back up QB's on the roster now totally suck! Can Trent Edwards stay healthy enough for the entire season?

Our back up QB's on the roster now totally suck! Can Trent Edwards stay healthy enough for the entire season?

I'm not disputing that our back up quarterbacks suck....although Hamdan (IMHO) clearly outperformed Fitz. The FO is going to re-evaluate the contract they inked with the young man from Harvard.

The point is whether you're looking to bring in the next Frank Reich as the back up quarterback, or Jeff George. Think about that for which you wish. Do you REALLY want this place to have the next Romo/TO/Jessica Simpson/Jerry Jones drama? You bring Vick into this place with Terrell Owens, and the soap opera extends far beyond Buffalo/Rochester/Western New York. It gets plastered onto ESPN, and blathered about by the nose-picking vacuum-heads who know NOTHING about the team.

But it shows up on ESPN, and your team gets attention, so that's FUGGIN' great, right? Please spare me. THINK about it.

"London Town" - Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald

i find it comical how many people actually want the Bills to sign Vick...did any of you guys even watch the guy play or did you just use him on Madden?

the fact is Vick never was and never will be a good or even a quality NFL quarterback...he was sacked once every 10 times he dropped back to pass during his last year playing QB...thats horrible for any QB but even worse for a guy that is supposed to be able to make plays with his feet and avoid sacks

Vick was never a pocket passer and for the most part could only be an effective passer when he would bootleg left but once teams started just sending a rusher right at him and ignoring the run he couldnt even do that

Vick was an incredible athlete with a canon for an arm that just never developed into an NFL QB

all this and the guy has been away from the game for two years and brings a lot of bad attention to any team that signs him so why in the hell would the Bills even consider it

If anyone thinks this guy is gonna help this team, and end the playoff woes, you have problems.

I wonder how sick of it you will become when you are driving to the ralph, some with your kids, and there are protesters lining the street at every game with huge signs of dead dogs, beaten animals. These people will practically be standing in some of your front yards. All this for a guy who really isnt that good of a FB player, and the biggest distraction in the league?

Its crap.

And why would Vick not play here? Its not like we have a stud at QB who never gets hurt. The guy makes plays and is exciting. You think Ralph gives a sh-t about dogs? I very much doubt it. He wants to win football games. Is Vick Tom Brady, obviously not? But can the guy makes things happen? He sure can. And for all you posters who are morally appalled by Vick, deal with it. The guy served his time. Let it go. Or just go root for another team.

Vick will be on the Bills by next week. You heard it here first. And I believe I was one of about 3 posters on this board who said TO would be on the Bills as well.

I hope this ass clown is right. I would love it if Vick came here.

i find it comical how many people actually want the Bills to sign Vick...did any of you guys even watch the guy play or did you just use him on Madden?

the fact is Vick never was and never will be a good or even a quality NFL quarterback...he was sacked once every 10 times he dropped back to pass during his last year playing QB...thats horrible for any QB but even worse for a guy that is supposed to be able to make plays with his feet and avoid sacks

Vick was never a pocket passer and for the most part could only be an effective passer when he would bootleg left but once teams started just sending a rusher right at him and ignoring the run he couldnt even do that

did you watch just him or the falcons offense?

vick while in atlanta did not have ANY receivers. he helped turn alge crumpler into a pro bowler with dump offs. he helped warrick dunn and tj duckett in the running game by effectively giving the dirty birds a 3 back set, but the guy never had ANYONE to throw to. the falcons receivers mostly sucked save for maybe brian finneran.

part of the reason for his poor career comp % and qb rating is that he HAD to throw into coverage most of the time when he did throw.

now i'm not saying that without going to prison vick would have been the next joe montana, because thats just bull, but what i am saying is he would help the bills with his arm strength(something trent seems to lack) and his speed should trent go down.

From 1957 to 2003 how many opposing quarterbacks had won playoff games in Lambeau Field? One. Mike Vick.

Yeah I've seen him play and I've talked about his flaws as a QB tons. He would simply be the best, most dangerous, back-up QB a team could possibly have. Do you want him as your week in week out guy who you need to make reads and beat schemes? No. What you want him for is his ability to come in off the bench in an emergency, with few weekly reps, and be able to make an impact on the game for you.

Being a good back-up QB is sort of like being a good pinch hitter. Good hitters are not always good pinch hitters and vice versa. Good everyday hitters have routines and get into the flow of the game and have game plans for the starting pitcher, are used to getting a lot of ABs, etc. Conversely most good pinch hitters are too flawed to be everyday players which is partly why they are pinch hitting. For example, you don't want Matt Stairs as an everyday OF or DH for your ballclub. He's too slow, he strikes out too much, and he plays no defense at all. But for pinch hitting he's a scary guy to face simply because of the raw power. If he comes in late in a game with people on base there's a decent chance he's going to hit a ball hard somewhere and there's a possibility that he'll put a ball in orbit like he did in the NLCS vs. LA. He's able to hit well without lots of reps. Some guys can't.

If TE were to go down mid-game what other back-up QB would you rather have coming in than a guy who can throw a little, make plays with his feet, and improvise on the fly? If the back-up were a good pocket passer he'd be starting. Back-up QBs are all flawed in some way. Which flaw do you want. Do you want Fitzpatrick who is not super mobile and has an arm that makes Kelly Holcomb look like John Elway? Or a guy like Vick who has a big arm but is inaccurate but can run like hell? I'd argue that a guy like Fitzpatrick is far more reliant on timing to be successful. He doesn't throw hard enough to be late. It's hard to have that kind of timing coming in cold. Vick doesn't have that problem. You find a way to force the defense to play man coverage by formation/personnel and let him do his thing.

Wildcat and all the rest of that stuff is gravy. It's January 3rd, Bills are down 4, 4th Quarter. Dwight Freeney just knocked TE cold. The Bills need to win the game to make the playoffs. Who do you want coming in to lead that drive? Vick or Fitzpatrick?

Flutie/Johnson

Losman/Holcomb

Edwards/Losman

THe problem is noow we have

Edwards/no-one

and no Oline to speak of.

It may be rumor, nothing more. It may be substantiated somehow. Just because something doesn't come from an "insider" doesn't make it false.

A couple months ago everyone here would have said the same thing if it were posted that TO was seen in Buffalo.

Chances are that it's false, completely made up drivel. However, there may be a small chance that it's not.

That being said, I really hope we aren't interested in Vick. He wasn't even an average quarterback when he played everyday. Two years away probably hasn't helped that. I have a feeling that if he were to sign with Buffalo it wouldn't be long before TO was on his soap box pushing for Vick to be the starter. It would be a can of worms best left unopened.

Actually, he was a decent passer. It never fails to amaze me how few people recognize or acknowledge that. But the neat thing about Mike Vick is that he makes your rushing game formidable almost single-handedly. It is hard to defend against the run, the pass, and the scramble on the same play, and as a result, teams end up overcompensating and getting run all over. Just check the Atlanta Falcons numbers from when Vick was there - they lead the league in rushing easily. When Vick left, so did that tremendous success. It was not coincidence.

Also, I don't give 2 ***** either about you people who want to act sanctimonious. Two years in prison was more than just punishment for his convictions, and who the hell are you to continue passing judgment? Scream boycott all you want, but we will be just as well off without your dumb asses in the stands anyway.

The Bills will be so much more dangerous with this guy on the roster. If you want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, then how can you question the Bills acquisition of a player who brings so much to the table? I guess it comes down to what is more important - winning, and thus having a team to root for, or some dogs you've never seen who were bred to fight and would have never even lived to begin with if not for that?

Not to mention, considering the porous state of our O-line, it might not be a bad idea to obtain a QB who is quick on his feet. Just a thought.

Actually, he was a decent passer. It never fails to amaze me how few people recognize or acknowledge that. But the neat thing about Mike Vick is that he makes your rushing game formidable almost single-handedly. It is hard to defend against the run, the pass, and the scramble on the same play, and as a result, teams end up overcompensating and getting run all over. Just check the Atlanta Falcons numbers from when Vick was there - they lead the league in rushing easily. When Vick left, so did that tremendous success. It was not coincidence.

Also, I don't give 2 ***** either about you people who want to act sanctimonious. Two years in prison was more than just punishment for his convictions, and who the hell are you to continue passing judgment? Scream boycott all you want, but we will be just as well off without your dumb asses in the stands anyway.

The Bills will be so much more dangerous with this guy on the roster. If you want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, then how can you question the Bills acquisition of a player who brings so much to the table? I guess it comes down to what is more important - winning, and thus having a team to root for, or some dogs you've never seen who were bred to fight and would have never even lived to begin with if not for that?

Not to mention, considering the porous state of our O-line, it might not be a bad idea to obtain a QB who is quick on his feet. Just a thought.

I'm really not sure why you say he was a good passer. He had a 53.8 completion percentage and a 75.7 passer rating. He had the same Roddy White that Matt Ryan has turned into an All-Pro $50M man, and did NOTHING with him. I also live here in Georgia, and watched many of his games where he had no touch on his passes or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He's undeniable when it comes to his running ability, and that is the only thing that made him dangerous. He has a strong, inaccurate arm. He led the Falcons to two out of four winning seasons. He has been out of the NFL for the past two years. I wouldn't expect too much from this guy, and if his agent (same as Maybin I think) wants big bucks, forget him.

I already posted his stats earlier which say he has a career completion percent of 53.8. In 6 seasons, he had 71 TDs versus 52 interceptions. Passing yard average is 6.7. All show that he is NOT a decent passer.

Let us look at the Falcons record since Vick joined them

Games Started Team Record

2001 2 7-9

2002 15 9-6

2003 4 5-11

2004 15 11-5

2005 15 8-8

2006 16 7-9

2007 0 4-12

2008 0 11-5

The 2004 season was the best for the Falcons when Vick played almost the entire season. They took a dip in 2007 after the Vick fiasco but last season was 11-5. This data does not help make the case that he was instrumental in their success. In any case, the word 'tremendous' is not the first that jumps to mind.

I already posted his stats earlier which say he has a career completion percent of 53.8. In 6 seasons, he had 71 TDs versus 52 interceptions. Passing yard average is 6.7. All show that he is NOT a decent passer.

Let us look at the Falcons record since Vick joined them

Games Started Team Record

2001 2 7-9

2002 15 9-6

2003 4 5-11

2004 15 11-5

2005 15 8-8

2006 16 7-9

2007 0 4-12

2008 0 11-5

The 2004 season was the best for the Falcons when Vick played almost the entire season. They took a dip in 2007 after the Vick fiasco but last season was 11-5. This data does not help make the case that he was instrumental in their success. In any case, the word 'tremendous' is not the first that jumps to mind.

As a pocket QB, Vick blows. There is not much else to say about that. He stinks in the traditional role.

He can be effective on the move.

Question: Does anyone see Jauron/Turk allowing Vick to do the things that make him a more effective QB? I sure don't. Even if he hadn't missed two years and had no image issues, Vick is simply the wrong QB for this team, at this time. Add the other stuff, and it makes absolutely no sense, IMO.

As a pocket QB, Vick blows. There is not much else to say about that. He stinks in the traditional role.

He can be effective on the move.

Question: Does anyone see Jauron/Turk allowing Vick to do the things that make him a more effective QB? I sure don't. Even if he hadn't missed two years and had no image issues, Vick is simply the wrong QB for this team, at this time. Add the other stuff, and it makes absolutely no sense, IMO.

First of all, I agree that Jauron will not allow a QB to play in constant broken-play mode.

Secondly, I do not particularly like this type of QB in general. Let alone for the Bills. A scrambling QB tends to confuse the blockers and WRs. While he may add positive yardage, passing skills and knowing when to hand off to the RB are crucial in scoring TDs.

Overall, besides all the moralistic issues surrounding Vick, I entirely agree with you that he is NOT the right QB for the team as primary or backup.

Half the stuff on all Blogs is rumors. Just people having fun thats all.

Yeah but then the more times it is posted, the more people read about it, then an actual source decides to pick up the story in hopes it is true and they are the first to have it, then...

It just keeps snowballing. Let's nip this in the bud.

See what I mean?