[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the real truth is Vick ordered "Buffalo wings" while at a restaurant and someone heard "Buffalo" and texted their friend...and so on.

:blink:

text 1: Vick wants Buffalo wings

text 2 - with typo: Vick wants Buffalo sings

text 3 - assumed correction of typo: Buffalo to sign Vick?

It's that easy :blink:

FWIW

Not that I believe it but I just heard a third-hand rumor that Vick flew into Buffalo tonite. Just saying.

More fuel to substantiate this...it came from a friend of a friend (blah, blah), but they said around 6:30 last night, Vick rented a car from National at the Buffalo Airport. I'd be really surprised if the Vick entourage could avoid all media and sneak into town undetected, but honestly, when you hear it from multiple sources (and I purposely didn't post this last night until I saw someone else post about the rumor of him being in town), you have to wonder if there is some credibility to these rumors. Again, it's what I heard, so now I'm just sayin'.

Maybe it's just a conspiracy set up by an Airport Security guy, a car rental agent, and a hotel clerk. :blink:

I am anti-Vick.

But witnessing the diahreah called Fitzpatrick makes me panic about the season.

Something needs to be done at the QB position for sure.

Can I get behind Vick? No. But my seasons are already paid for and my tailgates are planned.

More fuel to substantiate this...it came from a friend of a friend (blah, blah), but they said around 6:30 last night, Vick rented a car from National at the Buffalo Airport. I'd be really surprised if the Vick entourage could avoid all media and sneak into town undetected, but honestly, when you hear it from multiple sources (and I purposely didn't post this last night until I saw someone else post about the rumor of him being in town), you have to wonder if there is some credibility to these rumors. Again, it's what I heard, so now I'm just sayin'.

Yes, he isn't incognito, as there have been sightings, but NO legit reports about it. Maybe it was a sports reporter and paparazzi holiday, or something.

Sure, he's in Buffalo. :blink:

I have to get this on record, but anyone who's spent five minutes with me knows this already ...

I don't want him here. I still can't forgive the nature of what he did. I am an animal lover. All three of my cats ae rescues. A crime against a domestic animal is particularly aggregious because they are ... well, DOMESTIC. They are bred to trust us. It's not like shooting a bear or a deer while hunting. You don't say "Here, bear..." and the bear comes running - eyes wide with unconditional trust - to be shot. What Vick did would not allow me to ever pay money to support a team that signs him. Including my beloved Bills. And again, if you know me, you know what it takes to say that... Fan since '68 ... attended 275 games (so far) ... It would take a LOT to get me to boycot. This would qualify.

Two cats right now and I hope to get a dog some day. I couldn't agree with you more, Petrino.

I can forgive Michael Vick, but I don't think I can forget enough to cheer for the guy when he crosses the endzone in a Bills jersey.

...sorry, I just can't.

PS - sorry to make this more horrible, but during an episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel last year I saw in a story they were doing on dog fighting that they will kidnap long since domesticated and gentle dogs out of people's yards, tape their mouths shut, and let them be tortured as training fodder for the fight dogs.

...so, you out there tell me that I should cheer for him?

More fuel to substantiate this...it came from a friend of a friend (blah, blah), but they said around 6:30 last night, Vick rented a car from National at the Buffalo Airport.

The "Vick is in Buffalo" rumor is all over Twitter too.

Two cats right now and I hope to get a dog some day. I couldn't agree with you more, Petrino.

I can forgive Michael Vick, but I don't think I can forget enough to cheer for the guy when he crosses the endzone in a Bills jersey.

...sorry, I just can't.

PS - sorry to make this more horrible, but during an episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel last year I saw in a story they were doing on dog fighting that they will kidnap long since domesticated and gentle dogs out of people's yards, tape their mouths shut, and let them be tortured as training fodder for the fight dogs.

...so, you out there tell me that I should cheer for him?

hey buddy- these are dogs. i hope you get just as upset about abortion, cause otherwise it's pretty sad you can't forgive the guy. but what do i know - im an evil hunter who likes to shoot bambi and use my dogs to hunt wabbits!!!

The "Vick is in Buffalo" rumor is all over Twitter too.

Twitter ? Really ? Tell me it is over Facebook and I will believe you.

But seriously, there is inconsistency in these rumors. One said he flew into Buffalo relatively late at night. Another says he rented a National car ~ 6:30 pm. So one of them is wrong (I hope all of them are)

But seriously, there is inconsistency in these rumors. One said he flew into Buffalo relatively late at night. Another says he rented a National car ~ 6:30 pm. So one of them is wrong (I hope all of them are)

If they sign him, my seasons are going up for sale ASAP

hey buddy- these are dogs. i hope you get just as upset about abortion, cause otherwise it's pretty sad you can't forgive the guy. but what do i know - im an evil hunter who likes to shoot bambi and use my dogs to hunt wabbits!!!

rpcolosi, no offense my friend and fellow bills fan, but you are missing my point, well, some of my point, that's cool, though. (actually, maybe you do, may be you don't)

Hey, I am glad you are a hunter, hell, I love hunters, you want to bring the venison over my friend, I will give you the address and i promise to do it up in the the skillet to make it nice and juicy...mmmm deer meat!!! The mistake, is grilling it, too lean to grill!!!

Check Petrino's post who I quoted from, I was mainly agreeing with his thoughts.

However, i highly doubt, as a dog owner, you would do what was indicated in that Real Sports story.

if you did though, I doubt I would cheer for you. :blink:

This holds a lot of water with me. Schefter is the man.

More fuel to the fire..................

Whitner's tweet last night....

"I'd love to have Mike Vick as a teammate! The guy is unbelievable...he made a mistake, but haven't we all??"

Donte has Tweeted about other players in the recent past, most notable that linebacker from St. Louis. He signed elsewhere. But I do think he'd know if Vick was in town or even being seriously considered. Then again, if he was privy to that info, wouldn't he be told to keep it quiet?

I think the backlash would be terrible, but we need a backup. The team has shown it is willing to go all in now.

We can get a team together to piece together a timeline of Vick's alleged movements. Anyone have a rumored sighting of him eating last night? Maybe a dog fight somewhere?

I heard what I heard, but I'll wait until it's posted somewhere in the media before I believe it.

If they sign him, my seasons are going up for sale ASAP

If they're good seats, I'm all over them! :blink:

rpcolosi, no offense my friend and fellow bills fan, but you are missing my point, well, some of my point, that's cool, though. (actually, maybe you do, may be you don't)

Hey, I am glad you are a hunter, hell, I love hunters, you want to bring the venison over my friend, I will give you the address and i promise to do it up in the the skillet to make it nice and juicy...mmmm deer meat!!! The mistake, is grilling it, too lean to grill!!!

Check Petrino's post who I quoted from, I was mainly agreeing with his thoughts.

However, i highly doubt, as a dog owner, you would do what was indicated in that Real Sports story.

if you did though, I doubt I would cheer for you. :blink:

obviously i hate, absolutely hate what vick did. And i see the entire moral dilemma with it, but I can forgive the guy for that. It's a mistake, a big mistake, but its not a human life. I guess what gets me is how a guy like Vick is put away for what, 2 years? for some horrible acts done to dogs, living creatures yes, btu still dogs. While a guy like Donte Stallworth and be wasted and kill a HUMAN BEING and get a month. Obviously this is far more political than the normal stuff I talk about on here, but it blows my mind. That guy, no way, no how, should be allowed back into the NFL. I think Goodell is a straight shooter so he will really F up Stallworths come back, if its even allowed. But I think Vick has really taken on a huge penalty for his sins, and I think his stardom is part of the reason people came down so hard on him - to really make an example.

I really hope we don't get him, I do not want a QB controversy here. That said, if TE gets hurt - i'd much much rather him take over than fitzpatrick. and if at that point he outplays TE, then fine. But I stand by the notion TE was 7-5 when he wasn't hurt last year. if he can beat some of the AFC East teams this year, we have a legit shot. And I am afraid Vick culd mess that up.

obviously i hate, absolutely hate what vick did. And i see the entire moral dilemma with it, but I can forgive the guy for that. It's a mistake, a big mistake, but its not a human life. I guess what gets me is how a guy like Vick is put away for what, 2 years? for some horrible acts done to dogs, living creatures yes, btu still dogs. While a guy like Donte Stallworth and be wasted and kill a HUMAN BEING and get a month. Obviously this is far more political than the normal stuff I talk about on here, but it blows my mind. That guy, no way, no how, should be allowed back into the NFL. I think Goodell is a straight shooter so he will really F up Stallworths come back, if its even allowed. But I think Vick has really taken on a huge penalty for his sins, and I think his stardom is part of the reason people came down so hard on him - to really make an example.

I really hope we don't get him, I do not want a QB controversy here. That said, if TE gets hurt - i'd much much rather him take over than fitzpatrick. and if at that point he outplays TE, then fine. But I stand by the notion TE was 7-5 when he wasn't hurt last year. if he can beat some of the AFC East teams this year, we have a legit shot. And I am afraid Vick culd mess that up.

Well said, my friend, and, although i would hate it, would it be better if Edwards goes down and we had Vick...Yeah, damn straight it would be.

The more important thing is that you made no comment with respects to my suggestion to pan-sear deer meat, the only proper way to get true flavor and juiciness out of it.

I'll forgive the avoidance if you are making sausages out of it, or if you are marinating it, but no other excuse, rp.

:blink::blink:

first TO and then Vick? the bills would be guaranteed to be in the national spotlight all year.

all arguements aside, signing vick would help the bills get more exposure and regardless of how the team plays the talking heads would be forced to pay the bills(no pun intended) lip service

oh my gosh , i just had a thought. maybe if the bills stopped signing just "high character" players and started signing players with ability, they might get back into the playoffs.

The rumor of Vick at the airport last night is really picking up steam on the social networks, especially Twitter. Not saying I believe it, as I don't, but a lot of people are talking about it now.

The rumor of Vick at the airport last night is really picking up steam on the social networks, especially Twitter. Not saying I believe it, as I don't, but a lot of people are talking about it now.

Just like here, one wayward report spreads virally and the spread of the wrong report is reinforced by the crowd. This phenomena is magnified by an infinite factor in the Twitter & Facebook world.

I miss the old days when there was a modicum of fact checking in news.

Just like here, one wayward report spreads virally and the spread of the wrong report is reinforced by the crowd. This phenomena is magnified by an infinite factor in the Twitter & Facebook world.

I only agree to an extent. I love the ability to get all this different stuff from the Internet, both the valuable information and the garbage, and would never prefer to go back to "the good old days when there was a modicum of fact checking in the news". Sure I wish people would check facts but it's easy enough to check them yourself now. There is so much more stuff immediately available, and if you're a decent fan or have any amount of intelligence we're so much more informed rather than less informed. Weeding through the nonsense and wackos and viral rumor-mongering is a price you pay for all the goodies but IMO all the goodies far outweighs the lack of it and the good ol' days.

Gimme the bad new days every time.

The Vick to Buffalo rumblings started way back in Feb. I am starting to wonder if it wasnt leaked out to gage fan reaction before anything really started moving..There is a lot of smoke being bantered about Vick in Buffalo..I have no problem with him playing football for the Bills..He did his time and its time to move on..

yep,you are 100% dead on.

next thing you know, we'll get the news that ralph died..........again :blink:

I only agree to an extent. I love the ability to get all this different stuff from the Internet, both the valuable information and the garbage, and would never prefer to go back to "the good old days when there was a modicum of fact checking in the news". Sure I wish people would check facts but it's easy enough to check them yourself now. There is so much more stuff immediately available, and if you're a decent fan or have any amount of intelligence we're so much more informed rather than less informed. Weeding through the nonsense and wackos and viral rumor-mongering is a price you pay for all the goodies but IMO all the goodies far outweighs the lack of it and the good ol' days.

Gimme the bad new days every time.

My fear is that the darn kids these days are moving closer to the camp of "I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true" than "I saw it on the Internet, so let me check if it is true." Laziness will trump skepticism every time for the majority.

I know we're in the middle of a massive shift of how news is delivered, so I take it upon myself to automatically warn what should be obvious.

This is not from me, but from a fourth hand account, but my friend's friend was texted a message from his friend that he saw Michael Vick at the pet store, and he had his money clip out with a wad of bills, and he was eyeing a couple of pitbulls. Awesome!

My fear is that the darn kids these days are moving closer to the camp of "I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true" than "I saw it on the Internet, so let me check if it is true." Laziness will trump skepticism every time for the majority.

I know we're in the middle of a massive shift of how news is delivered, so I take it upon myself to automatically warn what should be obvious.

Good point.

Talk about being ripe for the picking. Very disconcerting.

GO BILLS!!!

What does this have to do with anything? No news organization has reported on this rumor.

A producer I met recently just told me his reporters are hearing from sources outside of Buffalo that this may be the real deal, that he now believes he is actually in talks with Buffalo. He is trying hard to confirm where Vick is right now. The guy is reliable, he says his sources are reliable.

A producer I met recently just told me his reporters are hearing from sources outside of Buffalo that this may be the real deal, that he now believes he is actually in talks with Buffalo. He is trying hard to confirm where Vick is right now. The guy is reliable, he says his sources are reliable.

This, kids, is what you call homework.

We can get a team together to piece together a timeline of Vick's alleged movements. Anyone have a rumored sighting of him eating last night? Maybe a dog fight somewhere?

I heard what I heard, but I'll wait until it's posted somewhere in the media before I believe it.

If they're good seats, I'm all over them! :blink:

Ya i saw him at Teds eating a "Hot Dog"

Are you in favor of signing Vick?

Hey, not fair asking a real football question during journalism slamming.

But, my answer is yes, because he's probably the best available option right now as I'm less than thrilled about the QB position. I thought that Garcia would have been the best choice in FA (of course that would have meant that TO wouldn't have come here).