[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the stuff on all Blogs is rumors. Just people having fun thats all.

Yeah but then the more times it is posted, the more people read about it, then an actual source decides to pick up the story in hopes it is true and they are the first to have it, then...

It just keeps snowballing. Let's nip this in the bud.

Great. Another "reliable source" heard from. :doh:

Of course, since the Bills were in Pittsford, getting ready to head out to Canton, I'm not quite sure what good a visit to Buffalo would have done Vick anyway.

Of course, since the Bills were in Pittsford, getting ready to head out to Canton, I'm not quite sure what good a visit to Buffalo would have done Vick anyway.

Alright, you got me.

Vick was visiting me.

I'm starting up my own backyard football league and we were going over his contract.

Negotiations broke down when we couldn't settle on how many ham sandwiches I would owe him for a one year deal.

Geez, you media types are vultures!

A complete fabrication. Michael Vick will never play here.

And why would Vick not play here? Its not like we have a stud at QB who never gets hurt. The guy makes plays and is exciting. You think Ralph gives a sh-t about dogs? I very much doubt it. He wants to win football games. Is Vick Tom Brady, obviously not? But can the guy makes things happen? He sure can. And for all you posters who are morally appalled by Vick, deal with it. The guy served his time. Let it go. Or just go root for another team.

Vick will be on the Bills by next week. You heard it here first. And I believe I was one of about 3 posters on this board who said TO would be on the Bills as well.

And why would Vick not play here? Its not like we have a stud at QB who never gets hurt. The guy makes plays and is exciting. You think Ralph gives a sh-t about dogs? I very much doubt it. He wants to win football games. Is Vick Tom Brady, obviously not? But can the guy makes things happen? He sure can. And for all you posters who are morally appalled by Vick, deal with it. The guy served his time. Let it go. Or just go root for another team.

Vick will be on the Bills by next week. You heard it here first. And I believe I was one of about 3 posters on this board who said TO would be on the Bills as well.

I hope you're right! :doh:

Mods, please delete this thread. This is how rumors and crap gain headway.

It may be rumor, nothing more. It may be substantiated somehow. Just because something doesn't come from an "insider" doesn't make it false.

A couple months ago everyone here would have said the same thing if it were posted that TO was seen in Buffalo.

Chances are that it's false, completely made up drivel. However, there may be a small chance that it's not.

That being said, I really hope we aren't interested in Vick. He wasn't even an average quarterback when he played everyday. Two years away probably hasn't helped that. I have a feeling that if he were to sign with Buffalo it wouldn't be long before TO was on his soap box pushing for Vick to be the starter. It would be a can of worms best left unopened.

Wouldn't he be going to meet with Brandon, who doesn't travel with the team?

Brandon was in Canton, and I believe he was also at every practice I've attended so far this summer.

Even if Lori hadn't shot that one down already, the notion of Vick negotiating directly with Brandon, without an agent or 'handlers', is about the most hysterical thing I've ever read here on TSW.

Read this disgusting story about two teenagers who abused a defenseless puppy yesterday in Lockport. Then realize what Vick admitted to doing is a thousand times worse. This A-hole can rot for all I care. He does not deserve another chance. No one should sign him, including the UFL. Of course I don't believe this "rumor" of a Vick sighting but if the Bills were stupid enough to sign him, then they will have lost me as a fan, for whatever that's worth.

Even if Lori hadn't shot that one down already, the notion of Vick negotiating directly with Brandon, without an agent or 'handlers', is about the most hysterical thing I've ever read here on TSW.

I know this was in a thread yesterday, but just heard Peter King on the Cowherd show, and he again reiterated he thinks there are three teams that makes sence for Vick..Green Bay, Steelers and Buffalo. Now, he also mentioned there are prolly more teams interested, but it does a team no good to say they may be interested and then do not get him.

Again, he did not say that Buffalo was absolutely interested and actively pursuing Vick, but I find it starange that Peter King comes out of the Canton weekend, where he got an award and where there where Bills folks everywhere and just pulls the Bills name from out of thin air. I am really starting to think there may be something to this Vick to Buffalo stuff

I'm just having a good time picturing Vick running the no-huddle.

Whether its true is another story. I, for one, wouldn't mind having him as a backup.

http://wnywatercooler.blogspot.com/2009/08...falo-rumor.html

If the Bills sign Vick then lets just cut Edwards and make Vick the starter. Why put up with weeks and weeks of "QB controversey"? You know you want Vick to start. And when he fails miserably and he and T.O. are at each others throats we can then talk about drafting Tim Tebow with our #1 pick overall.

PTR

I'd love to know if hot on Vick's trail means "actively negotiating" or just "should be interested"

IDK. Personally, I believe there is no chance in France Vick will be a Bill, but I felt the same way about TO, so who knows???

Yeah but then the more times it is posted, the more people read about it, then an actual source decides to pick up the story in hopes it is true and they are the first to have it, then...

It just keeps snowballing. Let's nip this in the bud.

Good point! Now here is some truth...Dungy stated last night he believes Vick will be with a team by weeks end however he never elaborated any further.

I agree. Beyond Trent, the Bills qbs are pathetic. What could be:

I think we have a team right now that is dying to win and would welcome him with open arms. And I think most fans would welcome him too. Of course many animal lovers will not. buffalo is one of a few places where he can land. I dont see him landing in a large market.

I know this was in a thread yesterday, but just heard Peter King on the Cowherd show, and he again reiterated he thinks there are three teams that makes sence for Vick..Green Bay, Steelers and Buffalo. Now, he also mentioned there are prolly more teams interested, but it does a team no good to say they may be interested and then do not get him.

Again, he did not say that Buffalo was absolutely interested and actively pursuing Vick, but I find it starange that Peter King comes out of the Canton weekend, where he got an award and where there where Bills folks everywhere and just pulls the Bills name from out of thin air. I am really starting to think there may be something to this Vick to Buffalo stuff

I concur