[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

I heard from a good source that the Bills are close to a deal. I hear the deal is done and is waiting on a physical to be passed. No financial info but is 2 year deal.

I dont believe this rumor but my source has always been reliable. I guess we will soon see. I will try to get some more info from him. Like I said just a rumor right now.

YES! The rumors keep on flowing. :nana:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a good source that the Bills are close to a deal. I hear the deal is done and is waiting on a physical to be passed. No financial info but is 2 year deal.

I dont believe this rumor but my source has always been reliable. I guess we will soon see. I will try to get some more info from him. Like I said just a rumor right now.

so basically you arent confident in what you are selling?

Ay caramba. We have a first hand, trustworthy (? :nana:) report of someone who spoke to a highly placed person within the BUFFALO BILLS ORGANIZATION, who said that the team is not interested.

Shefter says it is Buffalo or Dallas, for what it is worth, on espn.com

That's not what he said. He said the Bills and the Cowgirls are the two teams he thinks are in the hunt but aren't being widely considered with much seriousness.

Ay caramba. We have a first hand, trustworthy (?) of someone who spoke to a highly placed person within the BUFFALO BILLS ORGANIZATION, who said that the team is not interested.

And yet that same person just said that someone else he knows (also "in the know") says that Vick is in the area. But maybe he's just seeing the sights.

We KNOW John Warrow has these sources.

For a fact.

Who knows if any of these other posters do?

John Wawrow was the one that posted a colleague at lunch said these things. I'm guessing he wouldn't have posted that if the "colleague" was the copy machine repair man.

Shefter says it is Buffalo or Dallas, for what it is worth, on espn.com

If that is tru its clearly buffalo vick stands no chance of ever starting in Dallas and a gaureentee to spot start at leat 1 to 2 games maybe more depending on the injury and would alos be part of the game plan every game so he would definatly get his chances in Buffalo.

Personally I dont want him.

And yet that same person just said that someone else he knows (also "in the know") says that Vick is in the area. But maybe he's just seeing the sights.

He did no such thing. He posted that he thinks it's funny that the rumors keep percolating, despite the frank statements by the Bills organization that there is no interest. He said that a friend received the same obviously fake email about a friend whose friend works at the Buffalo airport and saw Vick there last night.

Never mind the fact that everyone who in the Bills' FO and coaching staff are in Rochester.

Who is going to see Vick work out? Chuck Lester?

Who is going to see Vick work out? Chuck Lester?

Chuck is obviously the hub of the Bills inner circle.

This team has been boring me to tears for a decade. They're not going anywhere this year anyways so I think it would be hysterical if they signed Vick just for teh entertainment value.

Ohgod, if this happens, it would be terrible. So many reasons for me, here are a few:

1) I would be morally conflicted - I really hate the bastard for what he did, and would seriously have to consider not supporting the team any longer.

2) If I did keep supporting them, I'd have to explain why to my wife, who hates the bastard even more than I do. This problem cannot be understated.

3) From an X's and O's standpoint, how in the hell is this going to work out? Yeah, like our coaches are going to be the ones to finally get through to the guy to teach him how to read a defense. Right. And while that plan fails, Edwards' career here gets stabbed fatally in the back.

4) The media circus that T.O. has brought will become something like a mob from Escape from New York, with the PETA folks, the tabloids, everyone, converging on the Bills' on- and off-field failures.

Pleaseno. Pleaseno.

John Wawrow was the one that posted a colleague at lunch said these things. I'm guessing he wouldn't have posted that if the "colleague" was the copy machine repair man.

Not at all trying to speak for John, but from what I read of his posts....

John said his colleagues received text messages saying Vick was in the area. He did NOT say his colleagues believed these text messages. My guess, if they believed the messages, they'd have ended lunch and been on the story right then.

And John also said he stands by his post that the Bills are not interested in Vick.

In all seriousness I have it from someone with great authority that Brandon said this morning they have no interest in Vick. This person, who is very close to the Bills, said the only way they would consider him is catastrophic injury to Edwards, and that is what Brandon meant when he said "We're not interested at this time". He also mentioned Favre and other QBs they may look at first IF there were a catastrophic injury to Edwards, which there isn't.

In other words, unless Brandon lied to this person for the first time ever, the Bills ain't interested.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.