Tua holding out?

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not sure what part of voluntary people don't understand

Lets try it this way "Josh Allen skips voluntary mini camp and  team activities"

I can't imagine what we would be reading. Well...yes I can. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Contrary opinion here, Tua has them by the balls.  They've splashed out to surround the QB with weapons, with contracts that are going to look really bad in a couple years if not sooner.  If they let Tua walk, who on earth are they going to plug in that's going to give them any shot?  In terms of watching the dolphins be a bad football team, they would definitely be worse without Tua, and we can all point and laugh when they inevitably make him the highest paid QB in the league but i don't see that they have a choice.  OTOH a couple things go their way last season and they're playing KC in Miami in the warm instead of what they got, and things might look different.  They're not as far out of the paint as we make them out to be

Kirk Cousins might be available :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Lets try it this way "Josh Allen skips voluntary mini camp and  team activities"

I would rather Josh just skip the offseason stuff if he’s going to use it to work on his acting career. My employer wouldn’t let me work no damn second job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not sure what part of voluntary people don't understand

I mean yeah technically, but is it really for a first contract supposedly franchise QB....hell technically later round QBs and backups don't really get a pass either if they're trying to make a team or prove they can actually be the guy.

31 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Josh is getting to the point where he could because he's an established guy, some people would moan about it sure but as long as he still plays at a high level no one will care, except for the obvious thing we're all obsessed with the team getting done.

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't know who is in the tougher spot Dallas or Miami.  They have offenses that are ready to go with the qb's but the qb's because of the market are going to be paid way more than they are worth yet the team will not win in the short term without them.  

These guys are going to get like 60 a year. 

Man if I was Dallas, I would have been working hard to ship Dak out to one of the teams in the top 10 for picks. 

Tua is the Bills MVP.  Beane.  Get on the phone and trade some salary cap for a conditional 2058 7th.  Help the Fins lock this guy up.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Really curious what the value of his contract will be.  Last year when Lamar held firm, he was able to get the Ravens to the table at his price.  Tua's leverage isn't as great, but there isn't a logical candidate to fall back on in Miami.  So that does give him some.  Would be fun to be on the inside of some of these negotiations where they discuss the merits of things.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean yeah technically, but is it really for a first contract supposedly franchise QB....hell technically later round QBs and backups don't really get a pass either if they're trying to make a team or prove they can actually be the guy.

Josh is getting to the point where he could because he's an established guy, some people would moan about it sure but as long as he still plays at a high level no one will care, except for the obvious thing we're all obsessed with the team getting done.

I agree as long as he's playing to his elite level. I've read so much "Josh plays too much golf" or "he's too Hollywood now" and so on. I'd imagine that crowd would not be happy. 
As far as obsessions go. 
my cats name is Lombardi. My fav restaurant is lombardos and I only sit in couches with lumbar support.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DJB said:

He can’t afford to slip in the shower and hit his head again 

Needs to secure the bag

After seeing how Tua was layed out in those games with his fingers curled up he should secure the bag. 

I could never feel right giving him a contract based on strength of the damage that dude look like he took.  

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yes