Tua holding out?

2 hours ago, julian said:

Last year was the first season Allen has had a good oline, he’s thrived with mediocre oline play. There would be no need for excuses if Allen had a hobbled Hill and Waddle because Allen can make plays on his own, that’s why paying Tua 50+ per is going to be a day to celebrate on this board.

Obviously the Dolphins are also uncertain about Tua, otherwise they would have already signed him to the new contract he wanted.  However, it is unfair to just ignore the injuries the Dolphins offense was dealing with at the end of last season.

Yes, Allen can make the off-platform play that Tua can't dream of doing but there is no need to denigrate Allen's teammates to make that point.  Allen's oline was pretty decent in 2020 also.   

7 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Obviously the Dolphins are also uncertain about Tua, otherwise they would have already signed him to the new contract he wanted.  However, it is unfair to just ignore the injuries the Dolphins offense was dealing with at the end of last season.

Yes, Allen can make the off-platform play that Tua can't dream of doing but there is no need to denigrate Allen's teammates to make that point.  Allen's oline was pretty decent in 2020 also.   

The 2020 oline ranked 10th by PFF, slightly above average oline. I’m not ignoring the Dolphins injuries, It’s actually the opposite because in the NFL everybody deals with injuries and had Tua shown an ability raise his game in the face of adversity, he’d already have been paid like you suggested.

I’m hoping he’s the NFLs highest paid QB before the season starts.

On 5/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, MJS said:

I'm not scared of Tua, but he is good. Not great, but good. I'd rather the Dolphins not sign him and then see them struggle to find another QB for a few years. Even if they find another good QB, it will take 2 or 3 years for him to develop, and then there is no guarantee he is better than Tua. Chances are he'll be worse.

So, I'd rather see a QB carousel in Miami, honestly. Finding an elite QB is extremely hard to do. That's why they have to pay Tua, because even though he isn't elite, he is good, and the alternative is far too risky.

Paying a good not great qb the amount of money he’s looking for is kind of the kiss of death though in the medium/long term.  Short term though yea it helps if he stays 

Hey he is trying to cash in like all other QB's have in the last couple of years.  QB contracts have be crazy money the last two years alone. 

Some of these QB's got paid a lot of money and didn't do squat after getting paid.

Definitely can't fault a guy that wants to get paid.  Who doesn't want

Mo' Money   Mo' Money   Mo' Money.......

giphy.gif