Top Remaining Free Agents of Interest

ngbills

There are quite a few names available. I try to pick up a couple WR - Tyler Boyd and somebody. Some decent DB's to be had as well - give me Simmons and Gilmore or Howard. Add some DL for our rotation to compete for a job. 

WR

Tyler Boyd (Titans)

OBJ (MIA)

Michael Thomas

Michael Gallup (Raiders)

Corey Davis

DJ Chark (Chargers)

MVS (BUF)

Hunter Renfrow

Zay Jones (AZ)

RB

Joshua Kelly

OL

Connor Williams

Donovan Smith

Dalton Risner

Andrus Peat (Raiders)

D.J. Humphries

David Bakhtiari

S/CB

Justin Simmons

Stephon Gilmore

Quandre Diggs

Xavien Howard

Adoree Jackson

Jamal Adams

Steven Nelson

Micah Hyde

Ahkello Witherspoon

Patrick Peterson

Eddie Jackson

DL

Calais Campbell

Emmanuel Ogbah

Lawrence Guy

Yannick Ngakoue

Tyus Bowser

Markus Golden

Bud Dupree (Chargers)

Carl Lawson

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

There are quite a few names available. I try to pick up a couple WR - Tyler Boyd and somebody. Some decent DB's to be had as well - give me Simmons and Gilmore or Howard. Add some DL for our rotation to compete for a job. 

WR

Tyler Boyd

OBJ

Michael Thomas

Michael Gallup

Corey Davis

DJ Chark

MVS

Hunter Renfrow

RB

Joshua Kelly

OL

Connor Williams

Donovan Smith

Dalton Risner

Andrus Peat

D.J. Humphries

David Bakhtiari

S/CB

Justin Simmons

Stephon Gilmore

Quandre Diggs

Xavien Howard

Adoree Jackson

Jamal Adams

Steven Nelson

Micah Hyde

Ahkello Witherspoon

Patrick Peterson

Eddie Jackson

DL

Calais Campbell

Emmanuel Ogbah

Lawrence Guy

Yannick Ngakoue

Tyus Bowser

Markus Golden

Bud Dupree

Carl Lawson

I’ll take a pass rusher and/or one of the WRs minus Renfrow and Boyd.  

I

Give me Chark or Boyd or OBJ (as long as any of them are on a reasonable contract) after June 1st and I'm good to go. 

The WR corps needs one more legitimate guy (Cephus doesn't do it for me). Accomplish that and let's roll.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I would assume Simmons is off the list with our 2nd round pick.  A veteran CB like Howard or Peterson would be nice as would Lawson or Ngakoue as a situational rusher. 

I agree that we need an Edge rusher. I'm okay with the middle of the DL, but I can't imagine Beane is happy with where we are at DE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

A lot of these guys will be waiting until November to sign contracts. 

Some of these guys are so old - they are fortunate that the newer November FA period has become a thing.  It is extending a career that otherwise would be over.

• Agree 1

The name that leaps off the page to pay attention to for me is Emmanuel Ogbah. Not that I'm advocating for him. But 2 years ago Beane made him an offer that he almost took (verified by Ogbah himself). And Beane has a long history of circling back to guys he missed out on previously. Should be able to be had cheap. If not and they feel DE help is still needed Shaq Lawson may likely be back. 

I'm going to scratch the big names at WR off the list. For me Corey Davis seems like a Beane type gamble as well. Retired last year and looking to get back. He would be my candidate for annual "training camp retiree" we seem to have as well.

I'm also wondering if Micah decided to play again if they bring him back on a low deal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills are short at CB especially if Elam is a bust....they lost Dane and Tre this offseason and drafted a little guy who would play slot.  I am not giving big money to an other FA at this point but they can fill in here and there.

• Like (+1) 1

Beckham makes more sense than he ever did before. Adds a vet who is close with Adam Henry and could be a great influence on the Louisiana kid in Coleman. Beckham has a weird media reputation, but his teammates love him and he is a grinder. He adds legitimacy to the WR core and fills some of the void left by Diggs leaving. He also doesn’t have to be the guy…just a piece of the puzzle. He’s probably getting closer to the end of the line, but I think he could help. If nothing else he can teach Coleman many tricks of the trade. 

In another thread I made the argument for Mecole Hardman, who is on the small side but obviously extremely fast and would fit well in the “4” role. He isn’t tiny. MVS could do it. Jamal Agnew. Scotty Miller. 

Michael Gallup is interesting as well and would be a nice upgrade. He also played for Henry in Dallas and had one of his better years then. 

But if you don’t sign OBJ I would probably just wait and see what shakes loose from these teams who drafted wide receivers. Also, I’m going to keep riding the lonely Terrance Marshall Jr. train who needs to get out of Carolina purgatory. 

Safety I would just wait to see what Simmons, Diggs, Jackson decide to do. If any of them want to play for cheap, I think they all fit and are upgrades. Other DBs that make sense are former Commander Terrell Burgess, who is a strong special teams guy and former Lion Will Harris who can play corner, nickel, safety and is excellent on teams.

I like where we are with the DL and OL. I would be more than happy to add Ogbah. The other guys are meh to me. 

Obviously you can only sign maybe one of these guys, but those are my thoughts on who I think can help. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 5

If we weren't so stacked at the slot, I would be interested in Boyd and Renfrow.  Although, Renfrow did seem to fall off a cliff and I'm not sure if that's just a factor of being a Raider.

I'd be good with Yannick and Hyde on one year vet min deals

• Like (+1) 1

Need to add a DE. I suspect that's where the $10M is going to go. 

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Boyd and Ngakoue are the two I’m most intrigued with, but neither really makes sense given our WR room and the drafting of a designated pass rusher in Solomon. 

DE is still a big need, a don't think a 5th round rookie changes that. Last we saw Von he could barely move, and AJE has never been a starter.