Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yup 

Lots of delusional fans here. This team is going to be Sean McDermott's wet dream: run first, blocking WR, tight ends, ball control.

I think there's a difference between some of the fans you're bucketing as 'dillusional'

I don't know exactly where you stand, but myself I was never expecting to replace Diggs with "a single player".  It's going to be a group effort and how Beane has described it during press conferences (many ways to achieve a successful offense), just might look different than we've seen past 4 years.

Samuel, Kincaid, Coleman, and Shakir are all capable of 800 yard seasons or a tad more.  Then Knox, Cook/Davis, and I'm thinking we add another WR this draft or post June 1st...those guys likely contribute another 1,000 yards in aggregate.

It's spreading out Diggs targets, we likely have a better run offense too.  Time will tell, but I see a path to an offense that is just as good, if not better than LY.  That's counting on Kincaid and Shakir to mainly up there game/results.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We won 6 in a row with Diggs doing nothing and Davis having multiple games of 0-0 0yds. But now we're in a down year because we didnt draft a second WR in the 5th round.

I do somewhat agree but one question is how much did Diggs' presence help create opportunities and space for those other guys? It'll be interesting to see how Diggs being gone effects how defenses play us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Where do you rank the Bills in the AFC for offensive skill positions?

Ahead of the Chiefs who just won a SB with no WRs, and behind the Jets and Dolphins who did absolute dick. So...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

The time to draft the second WR was earlier in the draft. We need to bring in a veteran. If you don't think they need to add another weapon to the WR room, you're reading the talent differently than I. 

100% either you make a big swing post June 1 with a trade or you bring in someone low risk high reward like Michael Thomas.

• Agree 2

Couple of spots away from the Bills so board update time:

1. DJ James, CB, Auburn

2. Christian Mahogany, IOL, Boston College

3. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

4. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

5. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

6. Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas

7. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia

8. Nathaniel Watson, LB, Mississippi State

9. Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State

10. Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It's an excellent draft if Diggs is still your number 1. 

It's an excellent draft if you use 2025#1 for a veteran. 

If not the above then it is a drafts that will see the Bills offense stifled all year long and the Jets win the division. This is a draft for 2019 Allen not 2024 Allen. Absolutely criminal to let the WR group get this bad in today's NFL. 

Thank you, I'm holding out hope they'll trade for a WR once Tre White's cap space clears

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I do somewhat agree but one question is how much did Diggs' presence help create opportunities and space for those other guys? It'll be interesting to see how Diggs being gone effects how defenses play us

I think we'll get a little addition by subtraction since we wont be running schemes that force the ball to Diggs even while he is the focus of the Defense.

Looks like it could be going back to the Daboll days where Josh was setting records for "Most Individual Receivers with a TD catch" and spreading the ball around.

• Like (+1) 1