Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

The only way I forgive Beane for this awful job avoiding taking WRs is if he is about to get Aiyuk and that’s the reason 

In Beane's defence the only chance the Bills had to draft #1 was to trade up, and that would have cost a lot, for one of the big three.

Just now, HappyDays said:

That is the surprise of the draft for me, he has not moved up once. I'm guessing the cap issues have forced them to be more willing to let day three rookies fill out the bottom of the roster. Not a bad thing IMO. Getting younger and cheaper at the bottom of the roster allows for more talent at the top of the roster.

Beane doesn't make these trades and acquire extra draft capital for future years if he thinks his job security is in question, since that's just helping the next GM.

That's the benefit of not worrying about your future I suppose.  You don't have to make risky moves to win now, and can make smart moves to win later.  

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Chi is gonna be good next year. It’s not gonna be top 10. 

What is "good"? I'll be shocked if they win more than 7 or 8 games And think 45 is more likely. Williams has high bust potential written all over him, and Eberflus should have been canned before all these new players came in.

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

To me, we have 3-6 roster spot potentials left. .

High chance:

WR

CB

Edge

Low-Mid chance:

S

LB

RB (very low imo, after Davis)

If we can land Rice & Kamara we'll be finished. The rest will be PS fodder.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That is the surprise of the draft for me, he has not moved up once. I'm guessing the cap issues have forced them to be more willing to let day three rookies fill out the bottom of the roster. Not a bad thing IMO. Getting younger and cheaper at the bottom of the roster allows for more talent at the top of the roster.

OK but where is that talent

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. It does feel like they are seeing the re-load of this roster as very much a two year job. I'm not saying they are giving up on this season, but I think the lack of urgency is because they think realistically they can't do much more to make 2024 better. 

I agree, I’ve been suggesting that was the case the past few weeks.  That’s why I was against trading 2025 picks to move up this year.  The roster is another off-season away from being very good again (of course, just my $0.02 worth).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Espn sucks for the draft all the way around. NFL Network is the better coverage for all 3 days

NFLN has been my go to for awhile.  For some reason, not a fan of them this year.  Been watching ESPN.

I will say I do miss the animosity between Kiper and McShay.  Got a kick out of how Kiper would treat him like the bastage stepchild.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

In Beane's defence the only chance the Bills had to draft #1 was to trade up, and that would have cost a lot, for one of the big three.

The Bills also save $7M against the cap by not taking one of those top 3 and instead getting a guy in the second.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Beane doesn't make these trades and acquire extra draft capital for future years if he thinks his job security is in question, since that's just helping the next GM.

That's the benefit of not worrying about your future I suppose.  You don't have to make risky moves to win now, and can make smart moves to win later.  

We haven't won anything. How long are you going to wait????

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

The only way I forgive Beane for this awful job avoiding taking WRs is if he is about to get Aiyuk and that’s the reason 

It's really cool that you're Brandon Beane's priest, and that you're so kind as to forgive him, bud...

alfred hitchcock GIF by Warner Archive

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i just said in the sb this draft kind of feels like punting this yr lol

Yea I think to an extent that is right. Everything they have done this offseason suggests they have taken a year off of the going all in on winning a championship to do a 2 year re-load.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well rice may beat Coleman out. 

I was no fan of the Coleman pick, but he will have a role and be decent.  I think Rice is the try-hard kid of a legend, but isn’t anywhere near as talented or skilled as his Dad.