Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Rest will be depth and camp fodder. However this finishes up, we got a starting WR, S, and C which were arguably our three biggest needs. Plus we got rotational depth at DT and RB which were also needs. Beane went need early and often but this was a year where we needed to do that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, NFL Network covered it well. ESPN is fine for Day 1 and Day 2, but they're awful on Day 3.

Espn sucks for the draft all the way around. NFL Network is the better coverage for all 3 days

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmmm. That says to me Beane doesn't like what is left on the board. Which begs the question why did he not get more aggressive to move up earlier?

That is the surprise of the draft for me, he has not moved up once. I'm guessing the cap issues have forced them to be more willing to let day three rookies fill out the bottom of the roster. Not a bad thing IMO. Getting younger and cheaper at the bottom of the roster allows for more talent at the top of the roster.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it was. Pure stupidity or they're going after Aiyuk?  Nothing else makes sense?  Rice still available but the wise pick will probably be Kamara.

If they get Aiyuk, it's forgivable, even rational, I suppose. Otherwise, not a great look.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

What does Rice solve on this roster?  He isn’t a fast deep threat and would mainly compete with Shorter for 1 spot - best ST wins that duel.

Well rice may beat Coleman out. 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. It does feel like they are seeing the re-load of this roster as very much a two year job. I'm not saying they are giving up on this season, but I think the lack of urgency is because they think realistically they can't do much more to make 2024 better. 

i just said in the sb this draft kind of feels like punting this yr lol

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmmm. That says to me Beane doesn't like what is left on the board. Which begs the question why did he not get more aggressive to move up earlier?

It does not say that.  It says he liked the Bears offer.  

He could be building trade capital.  

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it was. Pure stupidity or they're going after Aiyuk?  Nothing else makes sense?  Rice still available but the wise pick will probably be Kamara.

The Bills usually don't like undersized DEs. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. It does feel like they are seeing the re-load of this roster as very much a two year job. I'm not saying they are giving up on this season, but I think the lack of urgency is because they think realistically they can't do much more to make 2024 better. 

Beane would definitely strike as the type of guy to do what he could that makes sense, while not ruining a great shot at having great position to make some serious moves next year. Not only do we have all those picks but Diggs cap hit comes off as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

If they get Aiyuk, it's forgivable, even rational, I suppose. Otherwise, not a great look.

We're not going after Aiyuk. We're not in a place to pay him the $$$ he wants. I also don't think SF trades him. 

• Agree 1