Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I’m okay with fans or ex-players reading picks. It’s them getting up and making a damn speech or whatever that’s annoying. Just read the pick. I got stuff to do

The clock starts for the next draft pick once the team picking turns in their card. Whatever is said, speech, no speech, whatever, doesn’t add to or speed up the draft process. You’ll still get your stuff done as you see fit 🤪

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Either there isn't a player they covet, or they haven't been able to find a trade partner.  Beane said last night that they would consider moving up depending on how the draft fell.  

There’s always a trade partner this late in the draft.  

Two pick warning, here's what's left on the Beast 100

39 JADEN HICKS SAF1 Washington State
55 T.J. TAMPA CB8 Iowa State
72 SPENCER RATTLER QB7 South Carolina
78 AUSTIN BOOKER EDGE9 Kansas
89 JARED WILEY TE4 TCU
90 MALIK WASHINGTON WR15 Virginia
92 DJ JAMES CB12 Auburn
95 MEKHI WINGO DT9 LSU
97 BRAELON ALLEN RB6 Wisconsin
98 AUDRIC ESTIME RB7 Notre Dame
99 CHRISTIAN MAHOGANY OG7 Boston College

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm guessing we take CB M.J. Devonshire Pittsburgh, who do you guys think we take here?

I'm hoping Jamari Thrash.  

I think MJ will be there in Rd 5, we're ahead of Steelers in Rd5, who I think is our main competition for him 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

If its to be believed that the drop falls off around this spot its not as surprising to see teams giving up their next year's 3rd instead of trading for later picks this year.

If this is true, makes Beane look even worse for hoarding these 5th round picks

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Beane has botched this pretty badly.

Says some know-nothing poster every year....

People were crying after the 22 draft, but Cook, Bernard, Shakir, and Benford have turned out great.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I genuinely hate the KC comparison. We don't have one of the greatest offensive minds in history developing our offense. At least KC had Kelce who admittedly is on the tail end of his career but still draws a lot of attention from opposing defenses. I don't see anyone on our roster doing that right now. 

You think Shakir will be a 1,000 yard receiver? Because that's top 30 WR territory. Id be surprised if that were to happen.

I think there's going to be a lot of growing pains on offense now that we're putting a lot of pressure on young players to pick up the slack left behind.

I sure do. He seems to have greatly enhanced his surehandedness, he has a knack for getting open and plays physical. If he's schemed as a #1/#2 type guy I don't see any reason he won't hit 1000 yards.

Admittedly I had no idea who he was until we drafted him, but then I started reading about him and watching him at Boise and I couldn't really understand why he fell so far. Kinda seemed like a 2nd/3rd round kinda prospect to me. The types of weaknesses in his draft scouting are the kinds of things you see all the time from guys that are picked late and turn into really good players.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalil-shakir/32005348-4110-7427-f34a-bb0aa1d8e556
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Khalil-Shakir-WR-BoiseState

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Thanks to a miracle play from the Bengals.  Bills proceeded to get smoked by an awful Jags team in rd 1 

I would hardly call a 10-3 defensive struggle getting smoked but yes a game they could have easily won.