Sunday Ticket Renewal

I want to go into my YTTV account to turn off auto renewal so to prevent being charged full price automatically, found instructions on how to do, but when I go down to step 4 NFL ST membership is not listed.  I'm wondering is that due to not being in season right now and now even offered yet, or some other reason.  Can others get to step 4?  Right now I'm traveling so out of home market, wondering if that could have something to do with why I can't see the membership or other reason??

image.thumb.png.cadde7f9a4d3d7c9f2f7b6a23a3ff598.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I dont think Sunday ticket is something that can just renew.  You pay x amount for the full season. It's not like a monthly subscription.  

Yes but when you subscribed last year, part of the agreement in the fine print is that you agreed to turn on auto renewal. It'd really the same too, instead of a monthly subscription, you pay for a yearly subscription.  I have subscriptions for ESPN+, BN and Athletic, they auto renew every year so same with ST,  Now I want to turn it off. 

That's there way of making lots of money, with people who forget to turn it off.  Think I recall to there were no refunds also on it once you subscribed??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes but when you subscribed last year, part of the agreement in the fine print is that you agreed to turn on auto renewal. It'd really the same too, instead of a monthly subscription, you pay for a yearly subscription.  I have subscriptions for ESPN+, BN and Athletic, they auto renew every year so same with ST,  Now I want to turn it off. 

That's there way of making lots of money, with people who forget to turn it off.  Think I recall to there were no refunds also on it once you subscribed??

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will try to turn mine off and report back.

I called Direct TV about this and everyone, including the supervisors were not helpful. No wonder they're losing subscriptions. They better not bill me.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I had the youtube sunday ticket but never used/had youtube tv app.  I just used it via reg youtube app.  Must be u did something differently as mine was just a one off purchase.

Yup me too. Purchased at a discount price through Verizon. Was just a one off. I think only if you have YouTube TV it auto renews.

1 hour ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I had the youtube sunday ticket but never used/had youtube tv app.  I just used it via reg youtube app.  Must be u did something differently as mine was just a one off purchase.

41 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yup me too. Purchased at a discount price through Verizon. Was just a one off. I think only if you have YouTube TV it auto renews.

I do have YTTV.  Not sure what you define as a one off purchase, I just made one payment, but in the fine print you agreed to auto-renew, think that was why they gave the discount.  Could be different with the stand alone, but kind of surprising they'd anyone off that easy when would be very easy to keep up the subscription.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I do have YTTV.  Not sure what you define as a one off purchase, I just made one payment, but in the fine print you agreed to auto-renew, think that was why they gave the discount.  Could be different with the stand alone, but kind of surprising they'd anyone off that easy when would be very easy to keep up the subscription.

I think a one off would be like a promotional thing through one of their partners. Like Verizon. My only option in my account is to "renew membership." But yeah looks LIKE YTTV auto renews. This is a good post for folks that might not know that.

13 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I dont think Sunday ticket is something that can just renew.  You pay x amount for the full season. It's not like a monthly subscription.  

It used to auto renew with Directv.

6 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

It used to auto renew with Directv.

Yeah but with DTV even once it auto renewed, you  could still cancel ST anytime up to the first week of the season.  That was when you'd do the dance routine to get them to offer abetter rate.  Thought I recall with YTTV once the payment is made, you're locked in and can't even cancel.  

On a PC (may not work on a phone),

1. Click on the icon in the top RH corner with the letter of your first name.

2. Go to Settings > Membership

You should see Base Plan, then NFL Sunday Ticket right under it. Next billing is Aug. 15, 2024. Click on Manage to cancel.

Off topic, but it'd be nice if they did a 12 month subscription for Sunday ticket. $400 / 12 months is $33 per month. I'd be much more willing to do that than shell out $400 all at once. I was able to get the student discount with my nephew last season, and hopefully I can again this season, but options would be nice 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but it'd be nice if they did a 12 month subscription for Sunday ticket. $400 / 12 months is $33 per month. I'd be much more willing to do that than shell out $400 all at once. I was able to get the student discount with my nephew last season, and hopefully I can again this season, but options would be nice 

Even the student discount went up from $129 to $199

• Vomit 2

On 4/19/2024 at 8:07 PM, qwksilver said:

I called Direct TV about this and everyone, including the supervisors were not helpful. No wonder they're losing subscriptions. They better not bill me.

I have found them to be very helpful and lovely people…..when you are signing up for something. 

Try to cancel anything? Good luck. 

On 4/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, Steptide said:

my app shows broken down in to 4 payments. $389 including red zone $97.25 month or $349 w/out and $87.25 month

On 4/20/2024 at 3:52 PM, Rico said:

On a PC (may not work on a phone),

1. Click on the icon in the top RH corner with the letter of your first name.

2. Go to Settings > Membership

You should see Base Plan, then NFL Sunday Ticket right under it. Next billing is Aug. 15, 2024. Click on Manage to cancel.

OK I don't have a choice of manage.  I see the date is August though, that;'s not too bad, I was expecting it to be much sooner.

image.thumb.png.c541fdb8bdeb86f429e01fb4572c1018.png

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I just used the website. Cancelled without issue.

It's been a massive disappointment. I'm stunned at how badly they screwed the pooch. Not even on video quality, but the exceptions on what they were allowed to air were killers

Agreed. Lot of major errors. The blackout issues/coordination with the local feed too were a headache to deal with. I can’t remember the game, but we lost a chunk of at least one Bills game because of it. 

Edit: I remember now. Bills were the national 4 pm game and the 1 pm game went long. Couldn’t watch the beginning of the Bills game. Happened a few times To us. DTV had an end around for this issue (would show the game on a Sunday ticket channel until the conflict ended), but YouTube TV claimed they couldn’t do anything about it. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK I don't have a choice of manage.  I see the date is August though, that;'s not too bad, I was expecting it to be much sooner.

image.thumb.png.c541fdb8bdeb86f429e01fb4572c1018.png

This looks as though you don't have auto renewal.

If they were gonna charge you it would show that you already have ST with a $0 balance from the previous season and the upcoming renewal date instead of ADD

Did you pay the full price last year or in installments?

I think if you pay in installments the caveat is that you auto renew unless canceled

On 4/19/2024 at 12:02 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I want to go into my YTTV account to turn off auto renewal so to prevent being charged full price automatically, found instructions on how to do, but when I go down to step 4 NFL ST membership is not listed.  I'm wondering is that due to not being in season right now and now even offered yet, or some other reason.  Can others get to step 4?  Right now I'm traveling so out of home market, wondering if that could have something to do with why I can't see the membership or other reason??

image.thumb.png.cadde7f9a4d3d7c9f2f7b6a23a3ff598.png

Looks like the same sketchy behavior all these companies use, literally all of them!

Ever try to cancel Prime, Disney, Peacock, Spotify? Lol good luck finding it buried deep in 8th layer of sub-clicks,where it's vaguely thrown in a category of settings it makes no sense being in. Plausible deniability to FTC you can cancel, but they hope you CANT FIND IT.

Google where to find the setting? They've used SEO services to make sure any useful tip is buried on page 94 or after.

Best way to hit them back is to close whatever card they're billing, and if they find a way to sneak it through, dispute it! Dispute rates hurt these companies more then even just canceling can.  Obv that's annoying, but my point is always dispute shady transactions like this. For every 1 complaint FTC or Atty General see s, there are 5k unreported

/rant. 

Also.... 🏴‍☠️☠️🏴‍☠️☠️

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. Lot of major errors. The blackout issues/coordination with the local feed too were a headache to deal with. I can’t remember the game, but we lost a chunk of at least one Bills game because of it. 

Edit: I remember now. Bills were the national 4 pm game and the 1 pm game went long. Couldn’t watch the beginning of the Bills game. Happened a few times To us. DTV had an end around for this issue (would show the game on a Sunday ticket channel until the conflict ended), but YouTube TV claimed they couldn’t do anything about it. 

Yep. I think it was the Chiefs game too. I actually remember listening to Tom Grossi's live reaction and thinking "YouTube, I am watching someone react to what's happening and getting it quicker than you" 

Spend ~$400-500 for a legal, safe, and functional streaming service? I'll pony up the money for that. But that money to watch 3 - 5 games maximum while I still have to pay for Peacock and ESPN and Amazon Prime? No thank you.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

This looks as though you don't have auto renewal.

If they were gonna charge you it would show that you already have ST with a $0 balance from the previous season and the upcoming renewal date instead of ADD

Did you pay the full price last year or in installments?

I think if you pay in installments the caveat is that you auto renew unless canceled

I was thinking the same which is good. Paid in full last year at discounted rate they offered for 1st time sign up. But figuring this year won't offer any discounts to start with.

Last year with their schedule,  only really needed it about 5 or 6 6 weeks as most game were seen all over. I'm out of local market.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

I didn't read all the comments but was able to go to YouTube.com/paid_memberships and cancel for this upcoming season. I hope the price comes down some. $489 with RedZone channel!!

I had the standalone without YTTV and was able to do the same. 

I’m hoping the same but not expecting price to drop.  It’s not like the directv days where I could call and get it free almost every single year 😔

Edited by Jukester

7 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

I didn't read all the comments but was able to go to YouTube.com/paid_memberships and cancel for this upcoming season. I hope the price comes down some. $489 with RedZone channel!!

It could be a preference thing but the quad game channels made Redzone basically expendable to me.

Especially if you happen to get a nice mix with at least 3 games you're interested in on one channel. 

You could save a nice amount if you can do without RZ

1 hour ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

It could be a preference thing but the quad game channels made Redzone basically expendable to me.

Especially if you happen to get a nice mix with at least 3 games you're interested in on one channel. 

You could save a nice amount if you can do without RZ

Agree on the quad, although if folks are eligible for the student discount it's just an extra $10 for the season so the extra cost is negligible for what you get.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Was this an email? I haven’t renewed yet, but would definitely pull the trigger on that offer. Did you turn off auto renew? I’m wondering if I have to do that first. 

Yes, email. I was never on auto renew . I guess that was based on when I purchased last year.  I would go your youtube TV app and check renewal price

Edited by nucci

8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Was this an email? I haven’t renewed yet, but would definitely pull the trigger on that offer. Did you turn off auto renew? I’m wondering if I have to do that first. 

also can pay in 4 payments

49 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Same here. I'm assuming everyone who was a sub last year is getting the email

Yep same here. I’m doing the standalone which is $389 for ST and RZ after the $100 discount.

For those that didn’t get an email or didn’t sub last year, you can go directly to their promo page, ends 5/16

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket/

On 4/19/2024 at 8:07 PM, qwksilver said:

We have DTV Streaming and it hasn’t worked for most of this week since we had to change the AT&T password. I get just a few channels on DTV Dish, but fortunately that includes ABC and NFLN. NOBODY is helpful. My wife has spent way too many hours on it this week and we even hired a tech guy who couldn’t make it work, either. My wife has been practicing her dirty words. Maybe we can get it worked out by tonight? 

And yes, I did clear out the cache of cookies and browser history as I read that may be an issue.  I miss simpler times. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I wasn't going to renew this year but $289 is a good price with red zone

You can always wait until August and call and see if you can get it free or at a reduced cost...wait...what? :P

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, nucci said:

Yes, email. I was never on auto renew . I guess that was based on when I purchased last year.  I would go your youtube TV app and check renewal price

So I got an email offering $100 off, is that what the price works out to with $100 off, $289??