Diggs traded to Texans for picks

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he was terrible on non-pass plays.

The play was half over before Diggs could have done most of what this guy said to he should do in the time he had to do it in order to impact the play in any meaningful way, especially the suggestion that he could have influenced the strong safety who was nearly 20 yards away from Diggs at the snap. I’m sure there are other plays to illustrate Diggs’s lack of commitment, but this wasn’t much of one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For everyone lining up to talk ***** about Diggs after he's gone, even though we got 4 great years out of him, careful what you wish for...

WRs are gonna WR. Just go with it.

Right on time for the annual stories to leak out in the hopes that a top prospect might fall in the draft. Beane must really want Nabers something fierce. 😂

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Right on time for the annual stories to leak out in the hopes that a top prospect might fall in the draft. Beane must really want Nabers something fierce. 😂

Haha I thought that too. But to think any of these Big 3 WRs arent going to be divas in their own right soon enough is just naive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Haha I thought that too. But to think any of these Big 3 WRs arent going to be divas in their own right soon enough is just naive.

Cheap young diva>>>>expensive old diva

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I mean, like Buffalo is a big city. We're the city folks who come from rural areas like. Josh will explain it to him.

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The play was half over before Diggs could have done most of what this guy said to he should do in the time he had to do it in order to impact the play in any meaningful way, especially the suggestion that he could have influenced the strong safety who was nearly 20 yards away from Diggs at the snap. I’m sure there are other plays to illustrate Diggs’s lack of commitment, but this wasn’t much of one.

Sure it is. You don't know what plays you will have an impact and what plays you won't. That's why you give it your best every play. Diggs showed terrible motivation on that play, regardless of the outcome. He should be trying even if he knows he will have no impact.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sure it is. You don't know what plays you will have an impact and what plays you won't. That's why you give it your best every play. Diggs showed terrible motivation on that play, regardless of the outcome. He should be trying even if he knows he will have no impact.

I don’t think I suggested that players shouldn’t try their hardest every play, but if you’re gonna analyze a play to make the point like the “coach” in the video, it would be more credible to not suggest things the player could have done that simply aren’t possible during the play. 

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he was terrible on non-pass plays.

Sure there are always a few plays, where you don't get maximum effort blocking from every wide receiver

Stefon diggs also laid some really good blocks here over 4 years.. 100% he had some good blocks including one that sprang Knox for a touchdown

You can find clips of every single wide receiver doing what diggs did in that clip

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t think I suggested that players shouldn’t try their hardest every play, but if you’re gonna analyze a play to make the point like the “coach” in the video, it would be more credible to not suggest things the player could have done that simply aren’t possible during the play. 

He is highlighting his effort, which was crap.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree, but “the coach” then loses credibility by suggesting Diggs should have done this or that to influence the play when those things were impossible in the first place. The only D player Diggs could influence on that play was the CB lined up in man coverage, who also was too far from the play to matter. 

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

You could also find clips of him having good effort though... That is indisputable

Playing 82% of snaps at wide receiver.. you're going to get beat up.. dinged... Tired

All of that takes a toll on your play

Did his effort decline as the year went on? Sure... Was he also on the injury report for a back injury? Yea 

Does a back injury clear up in a week in the NFL? Hell no

You cannot find me one current Superstar wide receiver... Who blocks like his hair is on fire every single play

You're going to get some lazy snaps

But playing devil's advocate... If somebody like this coach is going to show his lazy snaps.. he should also show the snaps where he blocked hard because they do exist

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

100% and it's even more true for the player who takes himself off the field more than anyone else on his team! He had become the guy interested only in plays where the ball was 1. Going in the air and 2. Designed to go to him. He's a team player as long as it's Team Diggs! Brady invites more QB options on pass plays than Prince Stefon liked- good luck in Houston where you're already 3rd in line at the feeding trough!

Edited by AKC

13 minutes ago, AKC said:

100% and it's even more true for the player who takes himself off the field more than anyone else on his team! He had become the guy interested only in plays where the ball was 1. Going in the air and 2. Designed to go to him. He's a team player as long as it's Team Diggs! Brady invites more QB options on pass plays than Prince Stefon liked- good luck in Houston where you're already 3rd in line at the feeding trough!

Take himself off the field more than anybody?

He played 82% of the snaps..  which is certainly not always taking yourself off the field... And had a back injury that landed him on the injury report

No back injury clears up in a week or two

So he certainly was hobbled which is why he probably would take himself out

But he did play 82% of snaps on The year 

Tyreek Hill played like 68% for comparison

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For everyone lining up to talk ***** about Diggs after he's gone, even though we got 4 great years out of him, careful what you wish for...

WRs are gonna WR. Just go with it.

Luckily, no one ever accused Buffalo of being a big city. Come on down young man!

22 hours ago, Simon said:

Every single one of those guys has shown ability as a playmaker at this level.

And every single one of them was injured when the Bills were eliminated this year.

That's nearly 60% of your starting defense either out or playing with only three limbs.

No amount of scheming or depth can overcome that.

Well said.

We took KC down to the wire with 60% of our defense injured.

If we had a few of those guys back, we may have found ourselves in the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Well said.

We took KC down to the wire with 60% of our defense injured.

If we had a few of those guys back, we may have found ourselves in the Super Bowl.

Exactly.....Not a huge McD fan all in all....but this past season completely demolished with all the injuries....imagine if a fully healthy Milano-Bernard-White and CBs going in/out of injury and all the other defensive players....no doubt we would of seen this team in the SB IMO...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I have seen this. Diggs at the top of the TV screen, just simply takes a step or 2 and does nothing.

We need to coach up our new WR's to not do that.

Shakir and Kincaid are both active and engaged on run plays and when they don't have the ball. They should be good examples for the team going forward.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, JPP said:

Exactly.....Not a huge McD fan all in all....but this past season completely demolished with all the injuries....imagine if a fully healthy Milano-Bernard-White and CBs going in/out of injury and all the other defensive players....no doubt we would of seen this team in the SB IMO...

I doubt it. Milano is a difference maker sure and Bernard certainly would have been a help.  Tre however, had been a non-factor since his ACL tear. The defense may have played better with them in the lineup, but without them they were allowing 7.7 yards per play against the chiefs. I don’t think adding them in does enough to stop the chiefs. 

33 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I doubt it. Milano is a difference maker sure and Bernard certainly would have been a help.  Tre however, had been a non-factor since his ACL tear. The defense may have played better with them in the lineup, but without them they were allowing 7.7 yards per play against the chiefs. I don’t think adding them in does enough to stop the chiefs. 

AJ Klein 

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Take himself off the field more than anybody?

He played 82% of the snaps..  which is certainly not always taking yourself off the field... And had a back injury that landed him on the injury report

No back injury clears up in a week or two

So he certainly was hobbled which is why he probably would take himself out

But he did play 82% of snaps on The year 

Tyreek Hill played like 68% for comparison

With your Dolphins straw man reply noted, I'll get back to what was actually said. On the Bills there are players schemed/formationed off the field all the time. It's pretty easy to tell the 2nd tier guys acquesing to calls by running off the field , often showing disappoint they aren't in the next play. Diggs leaves the field when he wants to. It's been absolutely clear this past year he takes a blow when he's losing interest. I have no idea the coaching and team strategies in Miami, but almost to a man you can't keep our guys on the bench if they are schemed in. Not the same for Prince Stefon. You can argue the team has some fault keeping him in most play sets but he is getting paid more than the rest of the receiving corps and with that comes the expectation of having the biggest role. For my money Diggs has always had ideas about how offenses he's in should be run, but his ideas are wholly egocentric. Hard worker with a hard head. One of his teammates in Minnesota said before he came to us- "the last guy on our team I would let my sister date is Diggs". The people who work with him most closely seem to get it.

Edited by AKC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, AKC said:

With your Dolphins straw man reply noted, I'll get back to what was actually said. On the Bills there are players schemed/formationed off the field all the time. It's pretty easy to tell the 2nd tier guys acquesing to calls by running off the field , often showing disappoint they aren't in the next play. Diggs leaves the field when he wants to. It's been absolutely clear this past year he takes a blow when he's losing interest. I have no idea the coaching and team strategies in Miami, but almost to a man you can't keep our guys on the bench if they are schemed in. Not the same for Prince Stefon. You can argue the team has some fault keeping him in most play sets but he is getting paid more than the rest of the receiving corps and with that comes the expectation of having the biggest role. For my money Diggs has always had ideas about how offenses he's in should be run, but his ideas are wholly egocentric. Hard worker with a hard head. One of his teammates in Minnesota said before he came to us- "the last guy on our team I would let my sister date is Diggs". The people who work with him most closely seem to get it.

Seriously?  The sister dating thing that was clearly a comedic video?

• Disagree 1

The more that I think about this, the more that I'm sure that we all got played. This clearly was an NBA-style player-originated move hatched at the Pro Bowl.  Mixon, Stroud, and Diggs all worked behind the scenes to make this happen. I'm not sure how Diggs forced Beane to trade him where he wanted to go, but I'm sure he threatened to not show up unless it was Dallas or Houston. That's what NBA players do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The more that I think about this, the more that I'm sure that we all got played. This clearly was an NBA-style player-originated move hatched at the Pro Bowl.  Mixon, Stroud, and Diggs all worked behind the scenes to make this happen. I'm not sure how Diggs forced Beane to trade him where he wanted to go, but I'm sure he threatened to not show up unless it was Dallas or Houston. That's what NBA players do. 

The more time goes on here, the more I lose any respect left for Diggs. I agree that, based on scumbag Joe Mixon's tweets, that they hatched the idea at the Pro Bowl. Karma will pay him a visit, eventually. 

11 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Yeap, I have no idea why Beane let him pick where he wants to go.  Makes zero sense to me.  Yet again, the biggest complainer gets what he wants.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Yeap, I have no idea why Beane let him pick where he wants to go.  Makes zero sense to me.  Yet again, the biggest complainer gets what he wants.

For an example a little closer to home for us, think about the Hasek trade saga. He (and his agent) made it clear that he wouldn't show up anywhere else but Detroit. I'm sure Diggs' agent was doing exactly that behind the scenes. 

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

haven’t read much of this thread and it’s way too long to look through.  How’s the dialog been between you chaps regarding the trade?

prior to the trade
@Warriorspikes51

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

@BillsFanForever19

you thought wrong GIF

After the trade 

@Warriorspikes51

Matthew Lillard Reaction GIF by filmeditor

@BillsFanForever19

Game Of Thrones Trump GIF by Abortion Access Front

The old MacGyver is one of my favorite shows ever 😎

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

For an example a little closer to home for us, think about the Hasek trade saga. He (and his agent) made it clear that he wouldn't show up anywhere else but Detroit. I'm sure Diggs' agent was doing exactly that behind the scenes. 

So he was under contract with the Bills.  They could have talked with teams without the agent or Diggs knowing.  They couldnt say anything or it would be tampering.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

So he was under contract with the Bills.  They could have talked with teams without the agent or Diggs knowing.  They couldnt say anything or it would be tampering.

I'm sure that it went something like this

1. Diggs contacts Beane in February after the Pro Bowl to demand a trade
  2. Beane tells him to pound sand, due to dead cap
  3. Diggs says that he won't show up until training camp and that he won't be a happy camper
  4. Beane tells Diggs and his agent to seek a trade (teams do this all the time), but not to KC
  5. Diggs' agent only contacts Houston, because that's the point of all of this
  6. Beane doesn't like the picks being offered to him, so the Texans go and make that head-scratcher of a deal with Minnesota to get that 2025 second. This was on March 15th, two days before Diggs contract became fully guaranteed. That's why Diggs was tweeting the whole "I'm waiting" schtick on the 17th. He knew that the trade was in place and wanted Beane to pull the trigger
  7. Beane didn't do it then because he wanted a second this year. He calls around, but other teams are not interested in a disgruntled WR. So two weeks later, he gives in. That's why he looked "defeated" in that press conference. That's why he felt the need to remind everyone that he's "competitive." He let a situation get out of hand and he lost.

I had a whole lot more here, but I don't want to start the flame war by criticizing Josh Allen on TBD. But both Josh and Beane look weak right now, and it's only going to get worse as Diggs starts tweeting again. The QB has to be the biggest ego on the team, and I'm not sure that we have that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

What I found telling and smart for both the team and the players was the Texans and Diggs re-worked his contract into a 1 year deal.  Which effectively gets both parties what they want out of 2024.  The Texans get a player motivated to not cause trouble or make a scene and play his best football because he's on a one year deal and auditioning for free agency in 2025 and Diggs, perhaps having another 1,000 yard season, gets his choice of destinations and one more big pay day after the 2024 season is over and free agency begins. 

If he stays with the Bills, assuming they draft a potential WR1 in the first round Diggs might have seen an even lesser role in the 2024 which would have lowered his value if the Bills cut him loose after the 2024 season.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1