Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Have no idea but I would imagine Beane has a plan here. They HAVE TO get a top WR now if they plan on competing for a Super Bowl this year

That's officially over. The window is slammed shut until at least 2026 now and that's if they draft a stud in the late first this year.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

You assume they take a step back - I do not see it that way - Diggs was a non factor in the second half of the season.  The Bills have the opportunity to upgrade and move on.

I get that, but a 31 million cap hit kind of sets them back, wouldn't you think? 

• Agree 1

What an awful extension that turned out to be. How many elite players chiefs have? Off top head (mahomes, jones, mcduffie, thuney, Humphrey, butker, Kelce).  How many bills have? Allen..maybe Milano who missed all year?  Get Allen help!! 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

You assume they take a step back - I do not see it that way - Diggs was a non factor in the second half of the season.  The Bills have the opportunity to upgrade and move on.

So funny the way this board works…for months last season diggs was washed up,old, dead weight..  now that we trade him we let go of an apparent superstar lol 

Houston is betting the change of scenery will help him but I’m not entirely sure.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, and I was saying all offseason I felt there was no way we would trade Diggs before the draft and take on that much dead cap hit unless something behind the scenes forced the issue.  And thus far, nothing has come out that would qualify as significant enough to make this move.

So it makes me wonder what we are going to find out now that Diggs has been moved.  Seems like this had to be an "addition by subtraction" move in Beanes eyes to take on that dead cap and not even get a pick in this WR rich draft back.  I mean he didn't even wait until after June 1st when the cap was less of a hit which would have made more business sense given we got no picks back in this draft. 

So I am really curious to what we are gonna hear that was going on behind the scenes that he had to make this move and take this weak compensation back.

I assume they aren't going to trash an outgoing player.  Thank him for his time, his contributions, his effort - and just indicate that you wanted to go a different direction.  If he wants to chirp - let him.  

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Luckily we don't plan a game next weekend. Plenty of time to get that sorted out 

Even with one of the top WRs in the draft I'm still not a fan of our WR room. We'd be praying he has an elite year otherwise the offense is probably going to struggle pretty consistently 

• Agree 1

Just now, boyst said:

this is where i am at.

i want to hear what Beane says and more information to come out.

there has been a lot of smoke and there was probably always a fire considering shipping him out.

the extension we put him on years ago wasn't even used yet - so that is the most confounding part. we are reacting now after trying to bring him in for a long time. that extension was pure garbage to react early and now we are who knows where.

The smoke is Twitter.  The fire is that Diggs prefers hard work, Allen prefers picker out cute outfits for the Kentucky Derby and Joe Brady prefers to scapegoat “divas”.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

How does Greg know all the financial details when they havent come out yet?

Because it’s formulaic.

Texans own salary and bonuses not yet paid. The bills own any bonuses prorated through the life of the contact 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I assume the valued the draft capital to move up this month more than the cap burden savings of waiting until after the draft.

I mean I guess they could see it as more ammo to move up, but a 2nd next year is worth like a 3rd this year, so it doesn't give us that much more ammo to move up, and we lost 2 more picks too in the trade.  So if that is the case, it really isn't moving the needle that much.  In fact, I think I would rather have 2 second round picks next year then waste that chasing a rookie in what is a very deep WR draft.  

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

How does Greg know all the financial details when they havent come out yet?

I'm not a cap expert, but I am pretty sure that a $3M cap hit is the MINIMUM the Bills would be taking. To my knowledge, no trade can account for monies already paid out as part of signing bonuses or restructures.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Have no idea but I would imagine Beane has a plan here. They HAVE TO get a top WR now if they plan on competing for a Super Bowl this year. 

Yes, I just don't see how they can climb that high in the draft to get a player like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

The smoke is Twitter.  The fire is that Diggs prefers hard work, Allen prefers picker out cute outfits for the Kentucky Derby and Joe Brady prefers to scapegoat “divas”.

The anti-Allen attitude around here remains absolutely staggering.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3