Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Is tee Higgins at all possible to get 

Higgins, Ayiuk and D. Adams would be the available trade targets. Appears this off season Beane is looking to start phase 2 of the Josh era and getting younger which would cross off Adams (and his large contract). I don't see Cinci trading Higgins to the Bills or any other AFC contender but could be a FA target next year. Ayiuk was rumored to be offered to Jax for #17 and Z Jones... He will need an extension but that can massaged to fit this year. Ayiuk would be the target if Beane is looking for an immediate trade. 

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

this ONLY makes sense if we are trading up for Harrison, Odueb (sp), or Nabers.  Not even Thomas may warrant this, but if we don't land one of those 4 from the draft this is an utter failure, and Josh should be asking for a trade next.  

Agreed, unless they have another trade in mind for an established #1 in the league. I don't know if there's anyone available I'd be super excited about though. 

• Agree 1

Football wise...I am EXCITED about the roles of Shakir and Kincaid expanding.  Management wise, I am puzzled why we didn't do this after June 1st and lessen the cap burden given we didn't get back any draft capital in this draft.  

I am actually not that concerned about the offense, I think we will still be an elite offense, I mean we were last year and went 6-1 with our WR1 and WR2 producing very little in that time last year.  

I just don't understand the timing if we didn't get a pick in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

You don't waste a prime year of Josh Allen. 

I'm sorry, you just don't.  And we're not.  This is a gamble, but this move wasn't made in a vacuum.. Beane is still a top tier GM and I firmly believe this move has corresponding moves for this upcoming season. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

Diggs had his moment to prove he was worth the infighting, the drama and the social media distractions, and this is what he did...

65b28d489de16.image.jpg?resize=849,500

When you come up THAT SMALL in a big moment, you're not worth the headache.

Now do Josh’s 3rd down.

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

Andre Reed and Eric Moulds say “hold my beer”.    After that, Diggs is in the argument.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Have no idea if numbers are correct but this is among the early info out on cap situation.

That's the "by the book" breakdown.

Houston can take on any amount they want, and even trade us cash for a player.

We'll have to see how this shakes out.

If this was strategic, as opposed to reactive, it would’ve happened a month ago before all of the WR-needy teams picked a mate, or during the draft.  This was a reaction to something, plain and simple.  And it’s a terrible look for the organization - they signed him to this contract and kept adding money to it, yet they couldn’t make it work.  And this regime ALWAYS finds some reason why they have to wait to fix the offense until some future year.  ALWAYS.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BritBill said:

I'm no gambler but I bet Beane isn't as confounded as Greg Tompsett. 

I see no way to explain away the extension as a good move.  It was reckless.   

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I thought this looked like a rebuild year before this trade and now it's 100% confirmed. Absolutely insane roster mismanagement. He might've been the only player left on the team that actually wanted to win a Super Bowl.

The guy disappeared the last 3 years in the playoffs.  Him not being on offense on paper makes the offense worst.  This isnt paper its humans.  The subtraction of Diggs for the 24 Bills will be interesting to see.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Football wise...I am EXCITED about the roles of Shakir and Kincaid expanding.  Management wise, I am puzzled why we didn't do this after June 1st and lessen the cap burden given we didn't get back any draft capital in this draft.  

I am actually not that concerned about the offense, I think we will still be an elite offense, I mean we were last year and went 6-1 with our WR1 and WR2 producing very little in that time last year.  

I just don't understand the timing if we didn't get a pick in this draft.

We traded some of *our* 2024 picks.  thats why

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, BritBill said:

I'm no gambler but I bet Beane isn't as confounded as Greg Tompsett. 

So it makes sense to trade someone in the first year of their extension and take a cap hit thats really hard to eat.  Im still confused how this happens with the cap.  who are we cutting?

• Like (+1) 1

Ever since Halloween last year something was up. Yes media blows things out of proportion but duo clearly went from bffs to at first cold. Then almost like an awkward forced professional relationship. I’ll try to find the good that he became a headache and disappeared second half season due to age. Don’t love next year 2nd rounder. This offense is lacking but still draft and time make  up for it 

• Like (+1) 2