Tre White to the Rams - 1 year deal, $8M up to $10M

That's an insane deal for Tre White.

I didn't even think a team would be interested in signing him until about July/August when his injury recovery was a little further along.

I thought a 1 year$4-5M would be his market and I was waayyy off. I'm curious to see the guarantees because an Achilles for a CB at his age is a big deal

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think CB is an exception though.   Not much history of them getting all the way back after a mid or late career achilles tear.   It's the position in the game that requires the most agility.   Easier to compensate at positions like RB or WR even.   CB is very much about reaction.  

I suspect he will be a shell of his former self.   He didn't exactly knock the last re-hab out of the park, that one ended up being on the long end of recoveries.  Wish him the best,  I was the only guy on TSW that had him as CB1 in that draft class.......but he is less likely to return to good starter form than he is to return to this

knee-hurts-hurt.gif

You having him as the top CB on your board from a draft almost a decade ago was the first thing I thought of too when I read this news.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

You having him as the top CB on your board from a draft almost a decade ago was the first thing I thought of too when I read this news.

Yeah I had him above Marshon Lattimore mainly because I expected Lattimore to be a guy who couldn't post for 16 games per season and White had always been healthy/durable.    Looked like that was going to be the story,  as Lattimore was always nagged a bit by injuries compared to White.     Until 3 seasons ago when White tore the ACL.    Lattimore has missed a bunch of games the last 2 seasons though too and his performance has trailed off as well.   

• Like (+1) 2

Happy for Tre, but truly shocked at that contract. I’m no orthopedic surgeon or sports medicine guy, but I’d be shocked and amazed if Tre comes back from this injury next year, much less this year. Maybe Rams know something about his rehab that the rest of us don’t, but I can’t see it. Good luck to you, Tre.

• Agree 1

Love Tre, always will. Hate how this ended but pretty sure he understands. And besides, now he's got a west coast Tre'Davious White Goalie Academy. Good luck in LA bro. I will always appreciate your contribution to ending the ***** show we endured. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Seems like a generous deal given his injury history.  Hope he does well.  I'll always be a fan of his.

Well put. May I add "devastating" injury history. This wasn't like a pulled hammy or a broken wrist.

A torn ACL and ruptured Achilles in back to back seasons was a 💩 hand he got dealt and possibly the kiss of death for a CB.

Trying to back pedal, shift laterally, jump and tackle some of the top receivers after the injuries mentioned I imagine would be quite challenging. 

Also, we all saw how long it took him to come back from the ACL, and when he finally got on the field he appeared to be very tentative and slow to react. Beat quite often and often forced to hold receivers.

Now he's coming off an Achilles! Damn, if feel for you Tre😥

Question? Any CBs come to mind that have suffered similar injuries and came back at a high level?  Seriously,  I don't recall any.

Generous contract indeed, but if he comes back healthy it'll look like an awesome deal. Tre is a Top 5 CB when he's 💯 %.

Good luck Tre 👍 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Good on him for getting that contact. No idea what the Rams are thinking here. He wasn't worth that amount before this latest injury. Never mind now.

He must have quite the agent. That's big money for a player his age coming off acl / Achilles. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Like the Bills paid for Trent Murphy?

Name me one team that hasn't way overpaid for a FA that turned out not nearly as well as he was paid.  Redskins of 20 years ago probably led the league in terrible contracts.

I too am surprised he got this much considering 2nd injury in 2 years, both involving leg area for a CB doesn't sound like good combination.

Amazing overpayment at this point of Tre’s career. If healthy and based on his past, non injury seasons, then this is fair. With the injury uncertainty, he should be thanking his agent with a giant bonus. Nevetheless, not a guy I’d ever root against, Tre was nothing but a warrior during his time here.  Weird to see him with another team. And if any team other than the Bills wants to overpay anyone, more power to them. 

Ya know what I think this deal very well might mean...

Tre White back in Buffalo in 2025.

I don't absolutely think it happens, but if Tre plays well or decent in LA, his contract is up. Who else has a contract up at the end of the year that Buffalo strangely hasn't extended yet????

Rasul Douglas.

Add in what revealing comments McDermott and Beane made the other day and the combo of this one year deal with another team and the clear desire on McBeane's part to eventually see Tre again... just don't be surprised