Bills top 30 visits

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Come on over Michael Thomas, reunite with Brady and Curry.

DT, S and CB are all spots that could be talked about on Day 1 or Day 2. As depth on each of them is questionable. 

What about Sutton ? I think they could get it done for like a fifth round …

I think the depth at DE is the shortest of any position … there are S and CB I like into rounds 4-5 

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I wouldn’t be relying on finding a post June 1 Leonard Floyd signing again … you can sign a guy but does mean it will work out as well as Floyd did ..

DE is a very much a need … given the scheme rotation requirements and the question mark over Miller … Maybe not quite as big as WR … 

100% agree and I mentioned that in a post.

Not expecting Floyd production, but 5-7 sacks.  Thinking Ogbah is a strong possibility, or a lower chance for Yannick.  I'm hopeful we land one of these post June 1st, on top of drafting a DE in the 4th-6th range to compete with Casey Toohill and Kingsley

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

100% agree and I mentioned that in a post.

Not expecting Floyd production, but 5-7 sacks.  Thinking Ogbah is a strong possibility, or a lower chance for Yannick.  I'm hopeful we land one of these post June 1st, on top of drafting a DE in the 4th-6th range to compete with Casey Toohill and Kingsley

I’m assuming you are aware that the DE talent come Day 3 is pretty low .. Xavier Thomas and Kamara best of a bad bunch most  likely …it’s debatable they are much better than Toohill or Kingsley…

Im hoping that they can get a guy in the Top 60-70 along with 2 WR … yes Beane’s will really need to work some magic …

Edited by Aussie Joe

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m assuming you are aware that the DE talent come Day 3 is pretty low .. Xavier Thomas and Kamara best of a bad bunch most  likely …it’s debatable they are much better than Toohill or Kingsley…

Im hoping that they can get a guy in the Top 60 .. along with 2 WR … yes Beane’s will really need to work some magic …

I think Javon Solomon is a strong possibility, in the 4th.  Might require a small tradeup but he's someone I think the Bills are interested in.

Looking for a guy to compete as a 4th/5th edge player.  Top 3 are locked in and Coohill might be a better fit than I'm expecting, or Jonathan makes a jump.

But I agree, it's not deep at all at Edge in this draft class.  If we draft past the 4th round, it's probably competing for the last DE spot.  I think if we land Solomon, he could add some pass rush juice sooner than later, but might be limited to mostly pass downs.

To me, ideally we land:

Rd1: Mitchell, Worthy, or Franklin

Rd2: Roke or Maason

Rd3: trade into 3rd (next years pick from Diggs trade) for Kam Kinchens or another safety

Rd4:trade up for Solomon

Use rest of draft on OL, CB, RB.  That addresses our major/minor needs.  Once we get to the 5th round especially, I see us going RB/CB - two positions where depth roster spots are open.  We're fairly set on OL, could always use upgrades but don't see it happening until late.

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think Javon Solomon is a strong possibility, in the 4th.  Might require a small tradeup but he's someone I think the Bills are interested in.

Looking for a guy to compete as a 4th/5th edge player.  Top 3 are locked in and Coohill might be a better fit than I'm expecting, or Jonathan makes a jump.

But I agree, it's not deep at all at Edge in this draft class.  If we draft past the 4th round, it's probably competing for the last DE spot.  I think if we land Solomon, he could add some pass rush juice sooner than later, but might be limited to mostly pass downs.

To me, ideally we land:

Rd3: trade into 3rd (next years pick from Diggs trade) for Kam Kinchens or another safety

Use rest of draft on OL, CB, RB.  That addresses our major/minor needs.  Once we get to the 5th round especially, I see us going RB/CB - two positions where depth roster spots are open.  We're fairly set on OL, could always use upgrades but don't see it happening until late.

Im assuming they should have some idea by now whether Miller is going to be improved or not from 2023 …if there are still questions about him then they might have to get a bit more desperate at DE

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

To me, ideally we land:

Trading what will end up being a high second in next year's draft for a 3rd in this year's draft does not sound like great business to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bearstobills said:

Trading what will end up being a high second in next year's draft for a 3rd in this year's draft does not sound like great business to me.

I guess it depends on what ambitions you have for 2024…. They need to replace Diggs now … not in 2025…

Although … Personally  I would be using the pick to assist with getting Diggs and Davis  replacement prior to the 3rd round …

On 3/13/2024 at 11:49 AM, noacls said:

He is an exceptional athleteGHmkD0hXMAA_ES7.thumb.jpeg.c0c17daa24ae1c224cf2aac4eae7b80f.jpeg

Wasn't a coincidence that Buffalo drafted Epenesa and Rousseau. They covet long arms in that position and have a history of drafting for that trait. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kneeland ends up being a pick. 

Edited by Mikie2times

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Wasn't a coincidence that Buffalo drafted Epenesa and Rousseau. They covet long arms in that position and have a history of drafting for that trait. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kneeland ends up being a pick. 

I think it’s a real possibility that Kneeland could be on their list.. could see him maybe lasting to early/mid third … so would be great  if he was the third pick and not the second at that point in the draft 

Edited by Aussie Joe

I think WR at pick 28 is likely and a DE/DT at picks 60 and 128 is what will follow and then another WR at pick 133.

Then I think at pick 144 they go safety and offensive line at pick 160 and corner at pick 163. At picks 200 and 204 I think they go RB and CB again. 248 is just Bpa as that’s just a flyer pick anyway.

I think they draft for depth and quantity as McBeane has to know they are in need of cheap talent to backfill their cap as the 2022 draft class is looking like an expensive one to retain. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im hoping that they can get a guy in the Top 60-70 along with 2 WR … yes Beane’s will really need to work some magic …

The way I see it is everyone knows it's a weak EDGE class. So I'm just accepting this year our EDGE group will not be a strength of the team. And that's fine. The way to solve that problem isn't by reaching for mediocre talents in the top 75 out of desperation. We solve that problem by trying to build an offense that can simply outpace everybody. We hope that Rousseau takes a big step and Von Miller looks even 50% of what he did in 2022. I would rather bet on that and invest in the offensive weapons than reach for say Marshawn Kneeland at #60 because of a perceived drop off after him. Go all in on the positions that are strong in the draft (namely WR and OL) and accept that we won't be dominant at every single position group this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The way I see it is everyone knows it's a weak EDGE class. So I'm just accepting this year our EDGE group will not be a strength of the team. And that's fine. The way to solve that problem isn't by reaching for mediocre talents in the top 75 out of desperation. We solve that problem by trying to build an offense that can simply outpace everybody. We hope that Rousseau takes a big step and Von Miller looks even 50% of what he did in 2022. I would rather bet on that and invest in the offensive weapons than reach for say Marshawn Kneeland at #60 because of a perceived drop off after him. Go all in on the positions that are strong in the draft (namely WR and OL) and accept that we won't be dominant at every single position group this season.

The Bills have had him in for a Top 30 visit so they must have some interest in him … so are you saying they view him as a Day 3 option? 

I don’t see him lasting that long …and I am suggesting picking Kneeland with their third pick in the third round … which will require some moving around the board considering that pick doesn’t exist yet …whether this is considered a reach or not is opinion at this stage … we will see how the draft and the player subsequently turns out … 

Hoping that Miller improves concerns me as a strategy …he is 35 and looked terrible last year … he is not even close to being 50 percent of his pre injury level ,,,.but again as I have mentioned … I’m sure they have better information on his progress 

If there is any doubt about Miller ,,, they need a better strategy then picking a leftover on Day 3..

Edited by Aussie Joe

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills have had him in for a Top 30 visit so they must have some interest in him … so are you saying they view him as a Day 3 option? 

I don’t see him lasting that long …and I am suggesting picking Kneeland with their third pick in the third round … which will require some moving around the board considering that pick doesn’t exist yet …whether this is considered a reach or not is opinion at this stage … we will see how the draft and the player subsequently turns out … 

Hoping that Miller improves concerns me as a strategy …he is 35 and looked terrible last year … he is not even close to being 50 percent of his pre injury level ,,,.but again as I have mentioned … I’m sure they have better information on his progress 

If there is any doubt about Miller ,,, they need a better strategy then picking a leftover on Day 3..

Yeah, I'd be okay taking him with a third if we manage to manufacture one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don't know how the Bills see him, I'm just saying what my strategy would be. I see a lot of Bills fans and content creators saying we have to come away with an edge rusher by the end of the 2nd round because it's a clear weakness on the team. But the draft class is what it is. People talk themselves into a Marshawn Kneeland because there just aren't many options.

I think a lot of people have the concept of a deep or not deep class backwards. People say WRs are deep, edge rushers aren't, therefore we should take an edge rusher early and wait on WR. That's the wrong mindset. A deep WR class means that at any one of our picks there is likely to be a WR who matches the value of the pick, and the exact inverse for edge rushers. Choosing to take an edge rusher early in this draft means you're probably passing on a better talent just to fill a perceived need. I would rather skip the position entirely than make that mistake and regret it later, like when we stupidly traded up for Cody Ford instead of DK Metcalf.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

What about Sutton ? I think they could get it done for like a fifth round …

I think the depth at DE is the shortest of any position … there are S and CB I like into rounds 4-5 

Sutton for a 5th be a steal yet think he has a big contract so have to be after June 1.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know how the Bills see him, I'm just saying what my strategy would be. I see a lot of Bills fans and content creators saying we have to come away with an edge rusher by the end of the 2nd round because it's a clear weakness on the team. But the draft class is what it is. People talk themselves into a Marshawn Kneeland because there just aren't many options.

I think a lot of people have the concept of a deep or not deep class backwards. People say WRs are deep, edge rushers aren't, therefore we should take an edge rusher early and wait on WR. That's the wrong mindset. A deep WR class means that at any one of our picks there is likely to be a WR who matches the value of the pick, and the exact inverse for edge rushers. Choosing to take an edge rusher early in this draft means you're probably passing on a better talent just to fill a perceived need. I would rather skip the position entirely than make that mistake and regret it later, like when we stupidly traded up for Cody Ford instead of DK Metcalf.

You're right about so much, but then you want to take Coleman :unsure:

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This^ 

100% agree brother. This is the draft of the WR and OL. We need to go to that well often and patchwork everything else in free agency if need be. No reason to draft subpar talent just because it’s a “need”

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I actually was just told the Bills have had MULTIPLE Zoom meetings with Roman Wilson, so he is one to keep an eye on. He could potentially be a 2nd round target with a small trade up.

People are all over the place with him.  I've heard everything from a superb route runner to a terrible route runner.  Can play outside but some say only slot.  @GunnerBill @BADOLBILZ What's your opinion of him and what round grade do you have on him?

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well… I have got a different strategy as I have outlined already in the thread ..

I don’t think we are as far apart as you might think… I want 2 WR and a DE in the top 60-70 … I don’t see taking a DE in the third as a large as an investment as you do obviously…

It’s probably a moot point anyway as I  see Kneeland being talked up now by the likes of Kiper and Brugler who have got him going in the Top 50 … too rich for my blood 

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

People are all over the place with him.  I've heard everything from a superb route runner to a terrible route runner.  Can play outside but some say only slot.  @GunnerBill @BADOLBILZ What's your opinion of him and what round grade do you have on him?

He’s a 2nd rounder and he’s a good route runner and he’s tough and can block. Probably best suited for the slot more than the outside 

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I see him as a 3rd rounder.   But I'm about boundary receivers in this draft and I don't really see him as one of those.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

He’s a 2nd rounder and he’s a good route runner and he’s tough and can block. Probably best suited for the slot more than the outside 

Seems redundant with Shakir and Samuel already on the roster.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I fall in the bad route runner camp. It is wjy a guy with that speed is open so infrequently on the tape. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Kneeland is a late first/early 2nd guy?  

He seems to have the physical traits of a 1/2, but the college production of something closer to a 3/4. 

Alas, the gap between is why the draft is as much "art" as it is "science."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I fall in the bad route runner camp. It is wjy a guy with that speed is open so infrequently on the tape. 

He seems to be good in scramble drills and has good sideline awareness just from what I've seen of his college highlights.  Those are valuable traits with Allen's skill set I guess.  That and he's freaking fast which never hurts.  Maybe can return kickoffs with the new rule making that position more important than before.  I really don't see other reasons why this guy would be an option for the Bills though.  

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Agree - and I would add don’t trade 2025 picks at a discount this year.  There will be holes in this team, this is not the year to “go all in” and trade future picks.

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I see him as a 3rd rounder.   But I'm about boundary receivers in this draft and I don't really see him as one of those.  

I have a 3rd on him too. A pretty high 3rd but a 3rd all the same. 

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm with you. If Latu lasted to #28 then, as you know, I'd probably take him. And while it wouldn't my pick I'd understand the reasoning behind Chop at #28 too. But beyond that the three second round grades I have - Trice, Braswell and Isaac - are all more 3-4 rushers for me. I might consider Trice if he is sticking out at #60 because I think he could be developed into a 4-3 end (he'd need to be sticking out) but I'm not sure he is a day 1 starter in this scheme. In round 3 I like Noah Elliss more than most but again not as a Bills fit I think he is a 3-4 outside backer who does his best work from a two point stance.

After those guys, honestly, I just don't like the class. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. I don't like him at all. I think he has very little pass rush upside. I think Austin Booker late 3rd / early 4th is someone who'd be of interest and Javon Solomon 4th/5th round too. Then you get into Jalyx Hunt, Brennan Jackson and Myles Cole who I'm fine to throw 5th, 6th, 7th rounders at but are not guys that you draft expecting to get into your rotation much in 2024. 

We have a need at EDGE but you don't make Marshawn Kneeland the answer to that need just by overdrafting him on day 2. You may as well give Shaq Lawson another 1 year vet minimum deal for the value he'd bring. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm with you. If Latu lasted to #28 then, as you know, I'd probably take him. And while it wouldn't my pick I'd understand the reasoning behind Chop at #28 too. But beyond that the three second round grades I have - Trice, Braswell and Isaac - are all more 3-4 rushers for me. I might consider Trice if he is sticking out at #60 because I think he could be developed into a 4-3 end (he'd need to be sticking out) but I'm not sure he is a day 1 starter in this scheme. In round 3 I like Noah Elliss more than most but again not as a Bills fit I think he is a 3-4 outside backer who does his best work from a two point stance.

After those guys, honestly, I just don't like the class. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. I don't like him at all. I think he has very little pass rush upside. I think Austin Booker late 3rd / early 4th is someone who'd be of interest and Javon Solomon 4th/5th round too. Then you get into Jalyx Hunt, Brennan Jackson and Myles Cole who I'm fine to throw 5th, 6th, 7th rounders at but are not guys that you draft expecting to get into your rotation much in 2024. 

We have a need at EDGE but you don't make Marshawn Kneeland the answer to that need just by overdrafting him on day 2. You may as well give Shaq Lawson another 1 year vet minimum deal for the value he'd bring. 

I'm a big fan of Javon.  I think he's a great fit for us as a situational pass rusher (wide 9 type).  

He has the lower body bend/balance to arc to the QB, has great explosion.  His size worries me in the run game, but I think he has 8 sack potential as a rookie in our system.  His long arms is a big trait in what Beane looks for as well.  His get off is better than anyone we have, except Von (if he regains prior form). 

Just think Javon makes a ton of sense.  As a 4th rounder, he's better value than Chop at 28, IMO.  I think Javon is in play for Gmen at top of 4th, I'd preferably like to trade both of our 4ths to Arizona to get ahead of them

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm a big fan of Javon.  I think he's a great fit for us as a situational pass rusher (wide 9 type).  

He has the lower body bend/balance to arc to the QB, has great explosion.  His size worries me in the run game, but I think he has 8 sack potential as a rookie in our system.  His long arms is a big trait in what Beane looks for as well.  His get off is better than anyone we have, except Von (if he regains prior form). 

Just think Javon makes a ton of sense.  As a 4th rounder, he's better value than Chop at 28, IMO.  I think Javon is in play for Gmen at top of 4th, I'd preferably like to trade both of our 4ths to Arizona to get ahead of them

Yea he is a situational pass rusher early rather than a 3 down player. But he does have some tools as you say. He explodes off the snap. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you think about Braiden McGregor? He made some big plays for Michigan, he is long and athletic and sets the edge. His sack production was so-so, but as a rotational piece, I think he could fit well here. He seems like a guy who has fallen through the cracks a bit. A little under the radar. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

What do you think about Braiden McGregor? He made some big plays for Michigan, he is long and athletic and sets the edge. His sack production was so-so, but as a rotational piece, I think he could fit well here. He seems like a guy who has fallen through the cracks a bit. A little under the radar. 

Honestly not a guy I've really got into the tape on. I'll watch the vid you linked, thanks. But my impression of him from watching Michigan on TV was again he is a two point stance rusher who you couldn't really use in anything other than pure pass rush situations and I don't know if he is sufficiently skilled as a rusher to be someone you want to take a starter off the field for in those packages. 

EDIT: That is a nice set of highlights though. If I get time I'll dive in a bit deeper. Like his run reads. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Surprised at how little talk there has been about RB.  There are carries to be had in this offense and snaps to play as a pass blocker.  I think we are taking one with a 4th and that player will get a fair bit of run (assuming they are more physical than Cook and Johnson).  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Surprised at how little talk there has been about RB.  There are carries to be had in this offense and snaps to play as a pass blocker.  I think we are taking one with a 4th and that player will get a fair bit of run (assuming they are more physical than Cook and Johnson).  

I would wait until the 5th or 6th to go down that hole. There are also a good number of vets still out there JK Dobbins, Dalvin Cook, Boston Scott, Zeke Elliot, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers...dudes who at some point are going to have to take a nothing deal. Cam Akers is the same age as a bunch of these guys in the draft. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
Akers actually tore his achilles so thats probably out
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I don't want a small-small prospect. I want big-big prospects.

With a draft that is short on draft able prospects I would expect a lot of G5 and FCS prospects to get drafted late this year with the idea that they can develop into something down the line 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

With a draft that is short on draft able prospects I would expect a lot of G5 and FCS prospects to get drafted late this year with the idea that they can develop into something down the line 

I agree with your point. I was just joking about Talbot's typo.