Bills top 30 visits

On 4/3/2024 at 4:29 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

would Beane use any top 30 visits on MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ ?   Or would he not do so to stay in stealth mode 

I swear I read something early offseason that Beane didn't bother on them because they were too high up to grab.  I could be wrong, but it might explain why no meetings with them.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Thank you BBG.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know @GunnerBill loves him. I would be surprised if we went OT in the 1st round but I guess I wouldn't hate it, at least it would be an investment on the correct side of the ball.

Yea I am a fan. I actually see a bit of Dion Dawkins in his game. I can see the Bills liking him.

However, I don't think they would go that way at #28.... that isn't what this is about IMO. All of Baltimore, San Fran and KC have been strongly liked with Morgan. If there is a team early on day 2 who like him maybe the Bills are trying to set themselves up as the spot to get to.

• Like (+1) 6

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

However, I don't think they would go that way at #28.... that isn't what this is about IMO. All of Baltimore, San Fran and KC have been strongly liked with Morgan. If there is a team early on day 2 who like him maybe the Bills are trying to set themselves up as the spot to get to.

That was my thought in trading back with Washington, if they see him as a LT they would need to jump up to our spot to make sure they get him. Beane getting info on him to sell Washington on the pick? That would be an interesting bit of maneuvering.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

That was my thought in trading back with Washington, if they see him as a LT they would need to jump up to our spot to make sure they get him. Beane getting info on him to sell Washington on the pick? That would be an interesting bit of maneuvering.

Yea Carolina is the other possibility. They have been doing work on left tackles. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I swear I read something early offseason that Beane didn't bother on them because they were too high up to grab.  I could be wrong, but it might explain why no meetings with them.

Yes, it was reported that they didn't bother to meet with any of them at the Combine. I think at the time they were working under the impression that Diggs would probably be here. If they could go back, maybe they would have.

As for a Top 30 visit with any, it's possible that they may want to visit with some of them now considering they didn't at the Combine. But it's also very possible their agents may tell them not to bother with where we're picking. These top prospects generally aren't interested in touring the country and are known to deny visits for teams they feel are a waste of time.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, it was reported that they didn't bother to meet with any of them at the Combine. I think at the time they were working under the impression that Diggs would probably be here. If they could go back, maybe they would have.

As for a Top 30 visit with any, it's possible that they may want to visit with some of them now considering they didn't at the Combine. But it's also very possible their agents may tell them not to bother with where we're picking. These top prospects generally aren't interested in touring the country and are known to deny visits for teams they feel are a waste of time.

Agreed. And believe it or not, some might not want to play in the Buffalo weather consistently. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am a fan. I actually see a bit of Dion Dawkins in his game. I can see the Bills liking him.

We could trade back to 33 with  Carolina so they can get back into the 1st and get their 3rd in return.  

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We could trade back to 33 with  Carolina so they can get back into the 1st and get their 3rd in return.  

while this would be somewhat upsetting, especially depending on what WR’s go pick 28-32,  it could be good value for us 

I just expect Beane is much more likely to move up & this is the year where he might say “F it” and make a huge move

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

while this would be somewhat upsetting, especially depending on what WR’s go pick 28-32,  it could be good value for us 

I just expect Beane is much more likely to move up & this is the year where he might say “F it” and make a huge move

I am good with that also.

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

depends what else we do at the position.

Maybe if they got him after a trade down …and they still got a bigger body later in the second…

Still not my preferred option with what they end up with 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Looks like a lot of WRs coming through this week.

Where he ends up going will be super interesting.  IMO he could go anywhere from the teens to mid Round 2

He meets 2 of the 3 criteria we need

SPEEEED  &  Separation

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maason is massive.  A consideration with a 3rd rounder if we trade down?  Or 4th if he’s there

I thought Maason would be an awesome day 3 add but with all the recent buzz I’m not sure he makes it that long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2