Bills top 30 visits

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

not top 30, but similar

You'd be lucky to find a single player who gets picked in the 7th at a Local Pro Day. For example, Malcolm Epps is the 32nd ranked TE on DraftCountdown. Not remotely similar to a Top 30 visit.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

All of these make sense except Bo Nix? The Bills are not going to draft a QB high up and Nix is likely to go at least in the first 2-3 rounds. Maybe just kicking the tires on a player?

Allen sucks. He thinks he's arrived and quit working in the off-season. We're trading that lush of a wannabe golfer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You'd be lucky to find a single player who gets picked in the 7th at a Local Pro Day. For example, Malcolm Epps is the 32nd ranked TE on DraftCountdown. Not remotely similar to a Top 30 visit.

But we have signed guys off them as UDFAs over the years. Cam Lewis, obviously, is one that stands out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

But we have signed guys off them as UDFAs over the years. Cam Lewis, obviously, is one that stands out.

Oh, for sure. There may be a guy or two we sign as Undrafted. I'm just saying that the gathering of local prospects who need a place to display themselves is nowhere near similar to a Top 30 visit.

• Agree 1

On 3/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, billsfan89 said:

All of these make sense except Bo Nix? The Bills are not going to draft a QB high up and Nix is likely to go at least in the first 2-3 rounds. Maybe just kicking the tires on a player?

Could be a good way to better understand the system and thus what is asked of Troy Franklin? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

So so far we’re at 

Kneeland Edge (2nd-3rd)

Boyd DT (4-7)

Devonshire S (4-7)

Walker WR (2-4)

All middish to late round guys so far 

Seems like they are working backwards. See who they like later and would be content in selecting at that point and leave the higher picks open to what they take. I think normally they have early rounders in later in the process as well. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Seems like they are working backwards. See who they like later and would be content in selecting at that point and leave the higher picks open to what they take. I think normally they have early rounders in later in the process as well. 

Only 2 picks in the top 127 could be why and that really sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Why would the Bills waste an interview slot on a QB? Strange

To learn about Franklin. 

You basically bring them in and have Nix break down the offense for you and progressions and reads etc. So it’s not like you bring in Nix and just ask him about Franklin all day. 

Once Nix breaks all that stuff down then you bring in Franklin and ask him very Similar type questions to see if the information matches up which will show the Bills what his knowledge is of the offense etc.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/13/2024 at 11:56 AM, H2o said:

Yeah, he's really not. A 4.75 and a 1.66 10 yard split isn't really anything special at all. The rest is the rest and I don't care about his overall RAS. If you watch any of the tape you will see it. The tape don't lie. 

If you look at him as a DE, his athleticism in nothing special, but he's got really good body mass and strength.  If you look at him as a DT, which is what he's listed at in this score of athleticism, he's, but his numbers are absolutely elite.  As is, he's kind of a tweener.   The Bills like versatility, but he might not have the traits to be full time at either spot unless he can drop a little weight and gain some speed and quickness or gain 20 lbs and retain most of the the quickness and athleticism he has at 267 lbs.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:05 PM, LEBills said:

Would be a good day 3 addition to the CB room

I always make sure to watch a Pitt game or two during the College season just to check out their secondary, because I know the Bills have a history of drafting them👍

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Special K said:

I always make sure to watch a Pitt game or two during the College season just to check out their secondary, because I know the Bills have a history of drafting them👍

Yea their system just translates really well to ours for DBs

• Like (+1) 2